Yup in a ant hill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Ok so I had a plant that wilted because I didn't get to water it in time so I transplanted a few of the last plants in small pots then went to another spot old any hill I killed 2 months ago easy digging transplanted that one into it so we will see what happens I'm outta bagged soil so I used some good dirt I will post a few pics soon anyone ever heard of someone doing that said what the hel1 let's see what happens lol

Well sort of , they benefit each other by
Ants and aphids share a well-documented symbiotic relationship, which means they both benefit mutually from their working relationship. Aphids produce a sugary food for the ants, in exchange, ants care for and protect the aphids from predators and parasites.
The ants heard them like cattle.

“I have ants in my garden, and they are eating my veggie plants. What is the best product to use on a vegetable garden that is safe for us to eat vegetables from?” Question from Jill of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Answer: Ants are not vegetable garden pests. They may be attracted to the sweet juices of a split tomato or strawberry or drink the nectar from a sweet flower, but their peskiness ends there. But, that does not mean they aren’t a sign of a garden problem. Ants herd aphids like cattle so they can eat the sweet honeydew they produce, and aphids are a very obnoxious plant pest. If you get rid of the aphids, the ants will leave, and you don’t even need to use heavy chemicals.

https://blackgold.bz/why-are-there-...eavy chemicals. Managing Aphids in the Garden

Aphids in an Ant's Care
Aphid-herding ants make sure aphids stay well-fed and safe. When the host plant is depleted of nutrients, the ants carry their aphids to a new food source. If predatory insects or parasites attempt to harm the aphids, the ants will defend them aggressively. Some ants even go so far as to destroy the eggs of known aphid predators like ladybugs.

https://www.thoughtco.com/aphid-herding-ants-1968237

“I have ants in my garden, and they are eating my veggie plants. What is the best product to use on a vegetable garden that is safe for us to eat vegetables from?” Question from Jill of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Answer: Ants are not vegetable garden pests. They may be attracted to the sweet juices of a split tomato or strawberry or drink the nectar from a sweet flower, but their peskiness ends there. But, that does not mean they aren’t a sign of a garden problem. Ants herd aphids like cattle so they can eat the sweet honeydew they produce, and aphids are a very obnoxious plant pest. If you get rid of the aphids, the ants will leave, and you don’t even need to use heavy chemicals.

https://blackgold.bz/why-are-there-...eavy chemicals. Managing Aphids in the Garden
Yep but the Aphids also benefit from their special relationship too Not just herding them as cattle for their food.
In exchange, ants care for and protect the aphids from predators and parasites.

Just for you
PXL_20220614_223825850.jpg

Latest posts

Back