Mandala's Satori

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so it's just different pheno-types from both parents presenting themselves.. I thought that Satori was an F1 hybrid? I was reading f1s usually have uniform growth. Either way, I'm happy I get to experiment with the different phenotype.

Nice tall plants, SSSC. I love the purple hiding in the bud. Let me know how the seeds turn out and what kind of results you would get from the inbreed.

Thanks, Irish. I placed the last one in Amazon Bloom soil, which is packed full of nutes able to feed the plant for a while. I'm thinking the ph is off, maybe its roots aren't able to take in any of the nutes. Nice, sounds like you've got your system dialed in. I've only been at this for about a year now.

Welcome Runby, Satori is a beautiful plant. Fast growth, healthy root system, catches my eye each time I look over. :)

The Satori in coco are thriving, while the baby in soil did not make it. Loopsi started off as a runt and putting it in the high nutrient soil was not a good idea. 'Goodbye, you were a good plant.'

Here's a couple pics.:icon_smile:

Satori
DSCN0322 (Copy).JPG
Korpus
DSCN0323 (Copy).JPG

Hey everybody :) The Satori are now in new pots. Satori #1 has been fimmed and started showing signs of sexing. I believe it is female, I see a pear shape with one hair sticking out. They quickly grew out of the 6" pots. After being transplanted they were showing signs of stress, but they have perked up since today. I am very happy to be growing this strain. Thank you Mandala for your good genetics!!

After transplant
DSCN0472 (Copy).JPG

Today

Satori
DSCN0481 (Copy).JPG
Korpus
DSCN0482 (Copy).JPG
FEMALE?! :)
DSCN0484 (Copy).JPG

I don't see any sign of sex yet. Plants are looking great though.

Thanks THG! :)
On the forth picture there is what looks like a pistol coming out of the calyx, right? Or am I just that hopeful?! haha. Have your Satori shown any signs yet?

This thread is getting me ansy to plant my seeds... Trying to hold out another week and a half though. We'll see.. Haha

k0rps said:
Thanks THG! :)
On the forth picture there is what looks like a pistol coming out of the calyx, right? Or am I just that hopeful?! haha. Have your Satori shown any signs yet?
Looks like a female to me!

Maybe, maybe not. No alternating nodes and fairly small plants...I just think that they are too young to show sex yet.

Satori #1 has started showing female sex. It is in my experience that when topping/fimming the plant, it may stress it to start showing sex. I dont know if it is stress causing the plant to show sex or what, but there are small calyxes with pistols forming near where it has been cut. I took two cuttings of Satori #2, put in the flower room to show sex.
Satori is a very fast growing plant. It's already showing roots at the bottom of the container. I have kept a couple of the fan leaves out of the way for smaller growth to spruce up. Cuttings of Satori will be taken near the time my current flowers are ready to be harvested. After the tent is clean and the cuttings have taken root, they will be placed into the tent for flowering. Thinking about adding a screen for Scrog, but I'm still contemplating.

:icon_smile:
DSCN0536 [1024x768].JPG

Thanks for stopping by, I wish you all a joyous evening/day. :lama:

The girls have grown a lot since I've last posted. It has been decided to put the girls into flowering on 3/24. They have been in the veg cab on a 12/12 cycle since then, but will soon be placed into the flowering tent with a full 600watts hps sun. I'm just waiting for a couple clones to finish flowering. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Growing! :icon_smile:

Satori #1(Satori), female
DSCN0712 [1024x768].JPG

Satori #2(Korpus), most likely female
DSCN0711 [1024x768].JPG

Looking mighty green and bushy there korps, great job! Just sowed 6 satori beans today, i cant wait

very nice!!!, i flowered my kush about the same age.. pretty fun

Thanks, Lemon Jack. Welcome:eek:
I cant wait either, it should be a fun ride. :D Although, this is my first time growing this strain, I might need a few pointers here and there from all you Satori lovers. I can already tell why this strain is one of ya'lls favorites, it's a top notch plant and quickly became my favorite too.

drfting07, I just got done peeping yours and ston-loc's journal, great start. It's really an awesome strain to watch grow :watchplant: You're gonna have fun. Growing them outdoor should be interesting to watch, they'll probably become monsters outside! I'll be following your journal as it progresses. Green mojo!

bubba902 said:
very nice!!!, i flowered my kush about the same age.. pretty fun
Thank you Bubba. Is that your current multi-kush grow you've flowered at same age? Nice looking buds. :icon_smile:

Don't you love how healthy and robust the plants are? Yours are looking lovely..enjoy.

Rosebud said:
Don't you love how healthy and robust the plants are? Yours are looking lovely..enjoy.

I'd have to agree with you, Rose. The leaves are huge! :fly: They truly have great genetics. Thank you Mandala!! I have had only a few cycles with plenty of learning still to go. But as far as other strains I've worked with, Satori is by far the healthiest. It outperforms the bagseeds and blackjack, IMHO. Coco is also another variable that helps out the process. Coco Rules!!

Your flowers are looking quite pleasant too, Rose. How does she smell as it gets closer to harvest time?:D

It is not an overpowering smell. She is in the room with two stinky plants so they overpower Satori.

Latest posts

Back