Mandala Satori in Hempy Buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrowinGreen said:
Hey Art- are you flowering them in the room they are vegging in? Because if you are flowering somewhere else you could always move them each over as you think they are ready. But if you are flowering in the same room you might just flip it over to flower now. I know if you flip to flower when they are younger they usually grow single cola.

And I think trimming the lower growth that won't get any light is a good idea. I didn't do it to any of the plants I have in flower now, but I will on my next ones. The little buds down there just aren't worth it.

Thanks, GG. Yes, they're veging in the flower area.

1 and 3 had suitable size clones so here they are. I slightly modified the NCH rockwool cloning method - I put the rockwool cubes into the mini hempy buckets (sounds more impressive that solo cups :)). I don't have any water in them (no res), just the wet rockwool cubes.

I need to round up a suitable humidity dome or mist the heck out of them the next few days.

Sat 33 days clones (640 x 480).jpg

looks cool, sounds like a good plan to
get them rooted right into the hydroton
itll have less stress and problems that way

Sat 35 days (960 x 720).jpgSat 35 days (a) (960 x 720).jpgSat 35 days (b) (960 x 720).jpgSat 35 days (c) (720 x 960).jpgSat 35 days (d) (960 x 720).jpg

#1 is 9 inches high, #2 is 10", #3 is 13", and runt #4 is 6".

I should say #3 was 13 inches high before I tied it down.

They've been getting (micro/grow/bloom) 2.5 ml/5/2.5.

Once I get clones from all of them (I have clones from 1 and 3), I'm going to flower them :).

Art! They look great man- real nice deep green it looks like. They sure have grown a lot recently.

The clones look good too- how are they doing?

Thanks, GG. The clones are all doing well! I took 2 clones from #2 a few days ago. The runt is still too small to get clones. Once I get a clone from it, I'm going to flower, hopefully this week :). I'm anxious to see how many (or if) I have any females.

BAH server error...

so here is a shortened version of my comparative notes for you buddy.

5/29 4 satori with taproots showing and 1 that was just cracked were planted in 2x2 square pots of promix mz. the same day a g13 QS was planted aswell.

on 6/24 the QS grew 15-20 balls at 3 nodes in under 14hrs.

on 6/20 i transplanted my 5 satori plants into 6in dia., 10in tall pots. they had seemed to stall out for a week but i had already been waiting 2 weeks for my dirt and was behind schedule with my flowering crop becoming rootbound. the satori were about 5" across and 8" tall. i potted them in the dirt up to the two primordial seed 'leafs' which were now yellow. 1-2.5" bellow the surface.

6/27 1 satori showed hair sets on each side of one node. 3 plants are very similar and i expect to find parts on them tonight or tomorrow. while my runt is just finally catching up to about 2/3rd the size do the others.

the main-stem on the 4 larger satori plants are about as thick as the sidestems on my flowering group of bagseed clones.

I find it interesting that grown from seed under 12/12, one so far but all expectedly, sex at such a physical state. they areabout 7" now so maybe 9 without the transplant, yet they are all VERY robust looking like they are about to explode. The G13 AUTOFLOWER(!) had already grown twice as tall as them with hlf the stem width and far more spindly growth. I totally would expect the ruderal indica to be outpaced by the landrace sativa.

So it looks like i need to build a veg box as i have until this point been experimentign exclusively with 12/12.

Tonight i am going to FIM my one sexed satori in hopes of producing a bonsai mom with prolific branching after about 6" of trunk as i have to stop growing for a while and am just going to keep a couple of moms from these sat beans and convert my grow room into an ethnogenic garden. This is my orderform if you are interested. ive grown some of them before but not most. i also have a strain of datura inoxia and datura S. that were borough here by hand from south central mexico which i cultivate outside. i have isolated seeds from them and plan to isolate my own pheo of flower traits and put it to seed..

10 KANNA - Sceletium Tortuosum mesemb Seeds
1g Kaviar Vanuatu KAVA KAVA extract 40% kavalactones
500+ SUN OPENER Seeds Heimia Salicifolia SINICUICHI
300+ ABSINTHE HERB Artemisia Absinthium WORMWOOD seeds
15 FRESH SEEDS Leonotis Nepetifolia Wild / KLIP DAGGA
Passiflora Incarnata PURPLE PASSION FLOWER 18 seeds
3000 RED YARROW- Achillea Millefolium- HERB SEEDS
25 WHITE HOREHOUND seeds MARRUBIUM VULGARE cough herb
100 Desmanthus Illinoensis ILLINOIS BUNDLEFLOWER seeds
100+ Verbascum Densiflorum (Thapsiforme)
250 Hyssopus Officinalis HYSSOP Aromatic Herb seeds

Artemisia was really fun to grow and to make teas from the foliage. when drank before smoking a good sativa it lifted the high to a plane just below that of psilocyb as far as spatial distortions and empathetic response. Incarnata is very easy to grow but i never had luck finding a proper herbal preparation. im planning more of an enhanced leaf or alkaloid isolation with this. Bundleflower is really spotty asfar as it's range and concentration of alkaloid content goes. so i expect to have to do alot of breeding and cloning to find a plant at least >.5%. once enhanced root is made of this, it can be mixed in ratio with the P. Incarnata enhanced flower and consumed orally as a very bitter tea to produce a most wonderful effect. very different from say fumerate and syrian rue tea or a cappi brew.

I gotta say man i pretty much only use the forum when i seen an update in your thread. good continued luck!

Yes, I missed an update :). Not much new, I've been tying the 3 big plants down, they're going to outgrow the box when flowered. Early stage bondage isn't very photogenic :D. Just 3 big plants bent over and rearranged so the main tips get light. I have the 3 all trimmed up to single colas and the runt is still too small to get a clone(s). I expect to flower them next week. The rest of the clones are doing very well :D.

Funny - when I trimmed the lower growth tips off a week ago, I had 3 really nice clone candidates but I don't have room to veg them. I couldn't throw them away, though, so I just stuck them in a solo cup with water and set them on the counter. A week later, they look absolutely great :D. I'll post a pic, I'm so surprised.

Pics, EDIT? Er, Lemongrass?

shhh. break of security if ya get my drift.

ill grab them for ya tomorrow night. ive been clipping the 4 or 5 calyxes ive seen off my female. it seems atleast 1 plant,maybe all, in my flowering group have become true herms. i found 2 hermed bagseed experiments yesterday. they were just bunk seed i was using to try extreme trimming and growth control. the calyxes were popping with a hidden pollensack up inside. just the top on on each bud of one plant and a few hidden ones in another.

all the clones look like the top of each bud is getting new growth so its either fresh herms or new flush of calyxes.

My list of priorities is this: if there is a problem with any plant threatening the satori, kill em all! ill get back to you sunday man!

my female only took 36hrs to recover from the top and grow 2 new growth tips. +1

Here they are at 46 days.

Sat 46 days (a) (960 x 720).jpgSat 46 days (b) (960 x 720).jpgSat 46 days (c) (960 x 720).jpg

The 3 big ones had to be tied down and I've removed all the growth tips except for the main ones;

I started flowering them last night, I finally got clones of the runt yesterday;

I hooked up the other 150 watt HPS for flowering so 300 watts HPS. Temp in the box was only 94 this morning at lights out. Not bad :D:D;

The runt is pretty but still a runt! The other 3 are all similar in height. Any ideas why the difference? Different pheno or something?

Here are the 3 clones I mentioned above that I don't have room for but couldn't throw away. So I stuck them in a solo cup of water, left them on the counter and here they are at 7 days. Signs of roots growing, too. The 2 little clones in rockwool are the runt clones I cut yesterday.

Clones in water (960 x 720).jpg

Switching to 3/3/5 ml nutes = 278 ppm according to the Flora Series calculator.

After 6 weeks of veg, the plants have been flowering for 9 days. 2 males (#1 and #4) and 2 females (#2 and #3) :).

I took some pics of #1 as I checked out the root development. What do you experienced folks think? To my amateur eye, that's pretty impressive root system for a 7 week old plant, at least compared to my 2 other soil grows. #1 was 30 inches in height.

I'm obviously pretty pleased to get 2 girls and I have 2 healthy clones of each. They will have plenty of room now in the flower area. Go hempy buckets :D!!!

I'll get some pics of the girls when they get used to their expanded grow area :hubba:.

Sat 1a @ 9 days (720 x 960).jpgSat 1b @ 9 days (960 x 720).jpgSat 1c @ 9 days (720 x 960).jpgSat 1d @ 9 days (720 x 960).jpg

Sat 27 days F (a) (720 x 960).jpgSat 27 days F (b) (960 x 720).jpgSat 27 days F (c) (720 x 960).jpg

Hi, GG, thanks for stopping by! Here they are at 27 days of flowering. The plant on the left belongs to the pot on the right (and vice versa :)) due to the extensive LSTing.

The bud on the right is very pretty, if I do say so myself :D. It's going to look just like the picture on the breeder pack, I hope! The plants are 31 inches top of pot to top of plant. I imagine they're close to 4 feet high without the LST. The girl on the left did some serious stretching, not sure why.

You may be able to see the yellow leaf tips - I backed off from 326 ppm to 287 ppm a few days ago and the new growth tips are not yellow.

The satori has done very well in the heat. Temps are not often less than 95 degrees during lights on.

I love the hempy buckets! EXCEPT they wouldn't go even one day without watering... We end up planning our lives around being home every night. If only someone would figure out a way to water them automatically :). Actually, I'm sure an ebb and flow system is in my future at some point.

I have 3 clones doing ok, too. I think they will go into soil when these girls are done so the wife and I can take a weekend trip this fall.

those are beautiful art,that is a strain I am unfimilar with,sativa dom?I can't wait to see those in about 3 weeks,great job

Outstanding!!! Very nice, Art.

I'm watching your Hempy Buckets real close, and that's where I'm headed next. I got a 5-gallon bucket all ready to go, with coco-coir, perlite, eggshells, coffee grounds, etc, exactly according to MassProducer's specs. Just waiting to havest off the current grow, and make room under the lights. Go Team!!!

420grower said:
those are beautiful art,that is a strain I am unfimilar with,sativa dom?I can't wait to see those in about 3 weeks,great job

Thanks, 420! Yes, sativa dom. BIG fan leaves :). I'm projecting a harvest date in mid-Sept (10 weeks according to Mandala). Several here have grown satori with great reviews. The Hemp Goddess grew some real beauties.

wmmeyer said:
Outstanding!!! Very nice, Art.

I'm watching your Hempy Buckets real close, and that's where I'm headed next. I got a 5-gallon bucket all ready to go, with coco-coir, perlite, eggshells, coffee grounds, etc, exactly according to MassProducer's specs. Just waiting to harvest off the current grow, and make room under the lights. Go Team!!!

Thanks, wmmeyer!! Just be sure you can feed them daily, every day :). They drink the reservoir daily. I've seen Masspro's coco bucket thread, it is very impressive. The hydroton has the advantage of being easy :).

I've been growing a little over a year now and am a converted fan to hydro. It's hard not to be. I just need hydro that can take care of itself for a few days.

Latest posts

Back