Plant issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolflady58

Reaction score
Hello everyone..:D
Well, I used to be able to grow indoors, but I'm really having some major problems with some plants I just recently started. The plants did have kind of a bad start, but they've been on lights 24/7 now for about 5 weeks - very slow growth too. I've noticed that the top leaves are starting to fold/curl inwards, like they're getting burnt or something, but this didn't happen. The light source is not too close or too hot, so I'm not certain why this is happening. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Thanks!! ;)

How close are the lights & what light are you using.

How much nutrients are you useing?

I'm using a High Pression Sodium bulb, 400 wt, and I have a small, fluorescent grow light (about 14in long) in the room too, and I keep the plants (2) about a foot away from the main light source.
I'm not using any type of special nutrients or anything like that, never did before and the "closet" plants I grew were unbelievable :D I wish I still had that light setup... anyway...
Thanks for your help!! :D

wolflady58 said:
Hello everyone..:D
Well, I used to be able to grow indoors, but I'm really having some major problems with some plants I just recently started. The plants did have kind of a bad start, but they've been on lights 24/7 now for about 5 weeks - very slow growth too. I've noticed that the top leaves are starting to fold/curl inwards, like they're getting burnt or something, but this didn't happen. The light source is not too close or too hot, so I'm not certain why this is happening. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Thanks!! ;)
you might check the "Nutrient Disorder" links on the "Resources" page.. See if anything looks similar..
for us to aid in a diagnosis, more info is required..
soil/medium, ph, temps, ...http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25182

Thanks everyone for the help! I'm pretty sure that perhaps my plants are too close to the light source. The only leaves that are having the issue it seems are the ones closest to the light. I think I need to transplant them into larger containers too... I didn't think the plants would work out when I started them so they're not in very large containers, maybe like a 2-quart size. I was reading that while using my HPS light, that the plants are supposed to be at least 14 inches away from the light source, so I'm gonna raise the light and see if that helps. Also, I think I need to add some rocks or something to the bottom layer of my containers cuz I don't think they're getting enough air flow through the roots....

Latest posts

Back