Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month, Azar - Photo by bombbudpuffa!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > General Outdoor Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
leafminer
Bloody Hell!

leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer
Default The strange season

This year has been nothing like I have seen before. Around February a friend brought me an ancient bud, all dark brown. Being out of herb I tried it and was blown away. The following day I bought some Chronic which was excellent but the ancient bud was even better.
I found some seeds in it so against my better nature I risked trying them as my main crop.
They started incredibly slowly and took about a month to get to little sprigs. But then they grew incredibly until the four largest reached the top of the greenhouse (8ft) which for 5 gallon pots is a first for me. And then they vegged and flowered for ever. 8 months to harvest. Madness. But a huge crop dripping with crystal. I've got one more to harvest, been getting 75 - 85g per plant, trimmed and dried. It's been very rot-resistant and the buds are big and solid.
I'm growing Chronic next but frankly, this bag weed is better by far.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:59 AM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Congrats leafminer.. long flowering plants are impossible where i live.. good on you. Enjoy.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

I have grown some bad *** Bagseed weed that didnt herm on me. And some that did herm,,,lol
But the stuff that didnt was killer. Course i dont like taking the chance anymore with all the stable strains out there, ,,but i never say never. Yehaaaaaaaaaa
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
leafminer
Bloody Hell!

leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer

Thanks guys. I had one out of 7 that hermed a little. It was already well developed though so I just cut it down. The 6 others went to amber without problems. I am just finishing harvest and trimming this couple of days, total should easily be half a kilo from the seven. That leaves one sativa that I planted at the same time and 7 months later is only now going into real flower.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #5
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

I have a Panama Red that I am quite sure is not going to have time to finish. Like your sativa, it is just starting to flower...and already the nights here are getting cold--down into the 40s.

Cool that you have had such good luck with bagseed!
The Hemp Goddess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
grass hopper

grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
I have a Panama Red that I am quite sure is not going to have time to finish. Like your sativa, it is just starting to flower...and already the nights here are getting cold--down into the 40s.

Cool that you have had such good luck with bagseed!
if u were up for it thg, i think u could build a 1 inch or 3/4 inch pvc, covered with 3 mil poly green house. not much effort. will keep wet off and on freezing nights run a tiny elect. heater if u have power near by. i tried this in the early spring and it worked great. i did have 1 of 8 go to flower because of short days..
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Yeah, going to have to do something. In fact, we have a cold front coming through and the low for Tues night is supposed to be 31, so I am going to have to cover them. But then it looks like 40s and 50s for the next 2 weeks. Tomorrow night will be something temporary like a shhet thrown over them, but the Panama Red will need some kind of more permanent structure. I do have power not too far away and long heavy duty cords.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #8
grass hopper

grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper grass hopper

Quote:
Yeah, going to have to do something. In fact, we have a cold front coming through and the low for Tues night is supposed to be 31, so I am going to have to cover them. But then it looks like 40s and 50s for the next 2 weeks. Tomorrow night will be something temporary like a shhet thrown over them, but the Panama Red will need some kind of more permanent structure. I do have power not too far away and long heavy duty cords.
NICE. works great and the plants thrived. wind and rain protection is great and easy to warm a few degrees or more. goodluck thg..
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #9
mojoganjaman

mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman mojoganjaman

Quote:
to avoid frost in my yard, I got an old swamp cooler and bastardized it into a big squirrel fan...built a stand for it and when its gonna be a cold night, I plug it into a timer...run it from 3am-8am...works great....hth

mojo
mojoganjaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Thanks for the suggestions. I just covered the plants, but am sure thaat I will have more freezzing nights before they are done. Just moved here, so am still learning the weather.