First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get too anxious. You want them to have GOOD roots before you attempt to transplant them. They are very tender now. I know that patience is hard, but it is part of the game. It always seems like we need to "hurry up and wait".

I know what you are sayin -- I just figured it would be easier to do it while they were small and the roots hadn't grown together or anything. I should have waited.

On another note -- I just got off the phone with HTG supply and my new light is on the way -- I should get it next week. We are about to depart on the good ship "MaryJane."

One of the sprouts has shot up those first two leaves straight up, and it doesn't look like the two regular leaves are even growing -- perhaps today -- or have I watered it too much already?

I will water from now on when I KNOW they need it -- I promise

The rest of them look fine -- standing up and growing nicely. #1 is an inch tall now and looking sweet -- They are growing -- I am a grower -- I'm stoked, lol

Turns out my cousin and her husband are growers up in Oregon -- legal -- woot! I finally have a connection that doesn't involve rap music and blunts. I have invited them in here and will post a report on their product -- which should be here soon. :)

okay, three of my babies are looking real nice -- no stretch and healthy looking. One of the little darlings looks like an alien -- it has no real leaves yetand the two first leaves are shooting straight up. Two of them look okay, but a bit stunted from my abuse. Good thing I have more seeds on the way.

i need a PPM meter, a way to control PH and to know how to put some pics in here to show you these little plants. I have Picasa in here, the pics are there, but.... I'll work on it.

HemperFi said:
i need a PPM meter, a way to control PH and to know how to put some pics in here to show you these little plants. I have Picasa in here, the pics are there, but.... I'll work on it.

i bought a ph-meter and a ppm-meter once...

...they just sat in my closet collecting dust. can't even tell you where they are, since the move.

not saying not to get one, and i'm sure the hydro-growers will chime in that it's a necessity, but i just always found soil to be a little more forgiving in the ph/ppm department just b/c the nature of the medium itself. (just as hempy is)

ONE THING THAT I STRONGLY RECOMMEND is allowing LOTS of O2 to your roots. cannabis loves aerated roots. at least a 1:1 perlite/soil (perlite/vermiculite) is recommended if not 2:1 or 3:1...especially if you're planning on "nuting" your soil.

...i'd stay away from pre-nuted mixes of soils and try to find one that is as ph-neutral to start out with.

peace,

mr_chow

I'm with soil and i think that you are not giving the best advice here.

First - i do not think that a 50soil-50perlite is a good mix. Way too much perlite. That way you are not taking advantage of the nutes already available in the soil.

Second - I know that i'm quite new to growing but i really think that a PPM/EC meter and a PH meter are two very very handy tools to avoid mistakes. That way you always know what you are feeding them.

My advice to hemperfi is to read the Soil Guide available in the MandalaSeeds site. That is a very good reading to start.

I thank you truly for the input. When I can figure out this pic thing you will see my soil. I have a lot of Perlight and Vermiculight, some compost mix, and a few handfuls of MG potting soil. It may be too hot for them -- I also put a few table spoons of Bat Guanno into the soil. I Believe the lake water has too high a PH, so I am giving them bottled water now and will figure out how to adjust the PH in the lake water later.

Oh, and I'll go to the Mandela site and see what they have to say. :)

I dont think 50 50 soil to perilite is bad imo, although i dont do it, but i would say a ph meter in soil is needed, ppm, not so much.

bho_expertz said:
First - i do not think that a 50soil-50perlite is a good mix. Way too much perlite. That way you are not taking advantage of the nutes already available in the soil.

i convinced myself "this" (that my normal 50/50 was too much) for my outdoor grow; i was wrong.

The nature of ideas

Ideas demand change. By definition, the application of an idea means that something different will take place in the universe. Even if your idea is undeniably and wonderfully brilliant, it will force someone, somewhere to change how they do something. And since many people do not like change, and fear change, the qualities of your idea that you find so appealing may be precisely what make your idea so difficult for people to accept. Some individuals fear change so much that they structure their lives around avoiding it. ...hXXp://www.scottberkun.com/essays/38-how-to-pitch-an-idea/

like i mentioned before, one of the most common mistakes for newbie growers is over-watering. the 50/50 will allow both water/retention and buffer with the soil and the perlite will offer aeration and allow "excess" water to easily escape the medium.

also, hemperfi, a common misconception is that "runoff" will give you you're medium's ph. (if you start worrying about ph). ...runoff is not an acurate way to gauge medium ph.

...as always, just my 2cents. :D

peace,

mr_chow

You dont need to check ph of runoff, you check ph of whats going in.

Have not understand the idea stuff but have thought it funny :aok:.

I never measure the runoff. Just the waterings but i don't use teas ... I use chemichals :hubba:

I went aand read Mandela's page -- I have read it before, and it is great advice. My soil will do until I re-pot them. I'm not going to be too concerned with PH for now -- when I start feeding them I will check the input. I have just put in a bid for a 4x4 tent on ebay -- It's very like the one at HTGsupply, but a lot less expensive and free shipping. My new adjustable digital light system is on the way. I'm looking forward to a package from my cousin, and the temp is 77 in my room. :) I want to go shopping for new soil and other related things, but it is the long weekend and this place is filling up. It's suppose to get ewll over a hundred degrees today, but I'm not having a heat problem -- It's the only thing about this grow I'm sure about, lol. -- They are growing though....

I bought a tent off ebay today. Paying for it on line was an adventure. It took me a good hour of swearing and screaming, but I finally pulled a password out of my a** from five or six years ago, and it worked. So I am not only waiting for these little plants to grow and develop, but I am waiting for a whole bunch of stuff in the mail. Seeds, tent, light system, and a bag of weed from my Cuz. Next week is going to be a lot of fun. My bills are paid for the month, and I still have funds to live on -- life is good

Peace

The babies look good -- except for one of them. It hasn't put out any leaves, just the first two, and they are sticking straight up, but I do detect some growth, so I am not giving up on it yet. I waited until this morning to water (bottled water) They look good. So, I figure a couple of them will be female. I will clone them both, keep one as a mother in veg and growout the other one with the clones. The "Poison Might Might" is growing. :) Thanks for all the help peeps.

Peace

upload of file failed -- again -- this is blowin my noodle -- I'm using Picasa and Hammy sends me directions for a different program -- I am lost and have had it for this damn day

Peace

Are you getting stuck on the resizing part or the uploading? I put pics in here to illustrate. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58025

My guess wld be that the pic you are trying to upload is still too large. can you right click on the pic and check the properties to tell its size? It shld tell you both kb size and dimensional size like 800x600.

I'm not getting the list -- it keeps saying download failed -- Perhaps I need to go resize them again -- I'll get it damnit! :)

Thanks Hammy

Latest posts

Back