Thorn's Orange Candy Floss Micro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Ok I was going to wait until these babies were more established but they look so darn cute and I'm so excited about them that I had to get on here to do this!

So... here we go! I won these seeds from Dutchbreed's monthly competition after my camping trip :D Here's what they have to say about the strain:

Orange Candy Floss > description > Our Orange Candy Floss is high in THC has a nice orange flavor and smell with long orange hairs, has dense covering of trichomes making it a very sticky weed indeed one of our strongest strains to date. Some pheno types will have a nice purple lilac hue to them even in the hotest weather.

This is not auto flowering its a 12/12 strain

Flowering Weeks: 8 to 9
THC level: 20 to 27%
Yield per plant: 300 grams upto 650 (in ideal conditions)
Price: £25.00 GBP

http://www.dutchbreed.com/4.html

My setup:

I have a very small space (15x15x15") to use, but this is all I have right now in my current living situation so please do not ask me to expand as I cannot. Because of this, I'd like to ask you to not judge the plant on the outcome but to judge it on how I say it differs from the other plants I have grown in this setup.

I use a medium of 1/3 soil, perlite and vermiculite. I have 2 2700K 30watt CFLs and a 6inch fan and this is the equipment I will be using all the way through. My plant feed is Baby Bio first to boost nitrogen then that mixed with a flowering houseplant solution when they begin flowering and, I also have some phostrogen and fish blood and bone, but I have no idea yet how the plants are gonna react to feed so will see when that day comes :)

The plants are on 18/6 lighting schedule right now but will be dropped to 12/12 as soon as I remember to do it :rolleyes: I will be growing this using LST from quite a young age like I did previous with an Easy Sativa plant that turned out male. That journal is here..

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21968

Both these seeds germinated within 2 days, then, once planted, broke ground within 2 more days. So far i'm liking this strain lol! I took Day one as being the day they both broke ground. These pictures were taken on Day 2 :D
Welcome to my new journal all :smoke1:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

So far so good Thorn. ;) GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO :banana: GREEN MOJO :banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO :banana:

I don't get on here as much as i would like but I'm going to try and watch this one, they sound tasty

Thorn, I hope these work out well for you. I've read the description before on Dutchbreed.com and I found it interesting, but I went with Crude Oil instead. However, if they work out well for you then I might be interested in trying Orange Candy Floss for the next grow.

What I don't understand is how someone could get 300 grams off of one plant when growing indoors.

Keep us updated on these and let us all know how it goes.

Thanks everyone! Its great to see so much interest already :)

Alistair.. I do love Dutchbreed, they have some great genetics but do use Lowryder a lot, but hey it seems to work. I couldn't decide whether to get Orange Candy Floss or Purple Evolution (looks delicious!) but they're doing some work on that strain so I went for this. I also like the look of Autumn Fall and after watching Doms grow I will DEFINATELY be trying that sometime!

Thanks once again everyone for your support :D

Looking good so far Thorn :). I also have some Orange Candy Floss beans that I'll be starting soon, so I'll definitely be following this one.

Finally the journal for the Floss appears! Can't wait for this one and Thorn... I would never judge or question your growing abilities or the final plant especially with a small room. But best of luck and some MOJO your way!

hey illusional fate good to see ya here! How u been?

Thanks disco! :D

Thought I'd upload this pic as just been doing some sort-of-research to remind me about the LST and this is how these 2 will grow, but one going along one side of the pot and the other one along the other side but opposite direction. And I know these will look even better than this baby!

attachment.php

I know its a risk having 2 in the same pot as if one is female and the other male I will need to remove as much as I can of the male, but this is the best way for me to make the most out of the plants in this small environment. I cannot find any square tubs and round ones just don't fit right :rolleyes:

Hey Thorn,
Thought I would keep up with this grow!!
Wish ya the best of luck.

Cute lil girlies (we hope!) Thorn!

The Orange sounds like it's a good strain; I'll sit in for this one :)

I've had my eyes on some Floss beans, and your tempting me even more with the grmination time! I'll be watchin this one.

Thorn said:
hey illusional fate good to see ya here! How u been?

Thanks disco! :D

Thought I'd upload this pic as just been doing some sort-of-research to remind me about the LST and this is how these 2 will grow, but one going along one side of the pot and the other one along the other side but opposite direction. And I know these will look even better than this baby!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51075&d=1204988335

I know its a risk having 2 in the same pot as if one is female and the other male I will need to remove as much as I can of the male, but this is the best way for me to make the most out of the plants in this small environment. I cannot find any square tubs and round ones just don't fit right :rolleyes:
I've been fine, thanks. DomsChron and I have been taking quite a few bong rips of Autumn Fall these last few weeks... you're definitely going to enjoy growing this strain.:cool:

So, I'm assuming you've got three plants in those two pots? Looks like that space will have a nice full canopy in no time.

IllusionalFate said:
I've been fine, thanks. DomsChron and I have been taking quite a few bong rips of Autumn Fall these last few weeks... you're definitely going to enjoy growing this strain.:cool:

So, I'm assuming you've got three plants in those two pots? Looks like that space will have a nice full canopy in no time.

Thanks everyone - your all more than welcome to watch this one!:D

IF, no there's just 2 plants on this one. Some of you may struggle to picture how I'm gonna grow them. Well I did this little diagram so hope this helps...

The red circles and arrows is where the plants will be planted and trained to grow with the LST and the green lines shows where the wires will be to tie them down. Its gonna be very similar to the easy sativa I grew in my micro box but with 2 plants. I think 3 would be a bit too much once they start growing.

LST example.JPG

Hey Thorn....wow...this is popular..lol..great job...that is a great way to keep your plant small..I am Doing a LST Thread myself to clear a few things up on the Matter..but you are doing great..I would like to say that IMO those wire twist ties cut into stalk as its holding it in place..I use all sorts of things but wire hangers cut to container size and bent on one end ...and pipe cleaners are my tools of choice..may i also sujest you drill some holes in those containers on the top edge so you can pull plant close to side..i did this exact one in a round container..but only one plant..it went all the way around..and down the side..lol..it was cool..Remember my "Ladie" ouside?...i had drilled a bunch of holes around top edge...used pipe cleaners to tie her down..anyway heres some ORANGE MOJO..and just subscribed..and pulling up me crate....also what if you put a divider piece in middle of container to seperate them roots?..Just a thaught

thanks for those tips...very useful. never thought of using a divider for the roots... I could do. Will have a think on that one, thanks! I thought about drilling holes and yes thats really what i would like to do, but I don't have a drill and i've never used one before. My dad has one bit he'd wanna know why I was drilling into a flowerpot lol!

I used the green garden wire on the sativa and it did cut into the stems a little but nothing they couldn't heal over from. I tied in round the whole trough so it became more like a screen I suppose. I could use some tough string. Pipe cleaners would be my no.1 choice if i had holes in the pot. I think i'll have a play around and a good long think :)

Today is Day 7 for the babies! I have now changed the lighting schedule down to 12/12 because a) I want to and b) to save a little on energy consumation :)

Last night forgot to put the fan on, but they seem to be doing ok this morn. Took these pics last night but then gave them a drink and I think they liked it ;) as they look a little bigger today :D

One has very fat leaves, the other is a little thinner.

Hope everyone doing ok today :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I noticed this on many strains at this age, but what are those little white dots that look like trichome heads in the 3rd photo in my last post? Always wondered this :)

not sure myself Thorn..looks like a hairy little ladie there..lol..they do grow out of it yes?..they look good..when you first said little white dots..i thaught spider mite..but doesnt look to be it..Heres some MOJO for the new addation..KEEP M GREEN my friend

Latest posts

Back