400w MH/HPS growtent DWC hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedrone

Talks real slow
Reaction score
Well I'm bound to get this right sooner or later. I've got some bagseed that I'm going to use until I get things right.

I'll be getting some pictures up shortly. The grow will be starting by the end of the week. I'm going to buy the water this time as I'm pretty sure it was my tap water that ruined my last grow. I'm also going to spray paint the res flat white 'cause it wasn't quite light proof and I'm not using tin foil this time.

Well wish me luck and please give advice as I can definitely use quite a bit of both.

Thanks

StoneDrone

good luck keep us posted!

Here is my setup. You can really notice the blue coloring from the light.

DWC.JPG

MH.JPG

Exhaust.JPG

Fan.JPG

Digital Ballast.JPG

Ph+tds meter + timer.JPG

GH Nutes.JPG

stonedrone, lookin hip dude. im pulling up a chair. you have any seeds germed or clones yet?

yeah I've got seeds that I started in paper towels yesterday. They'll be going into the rockwool cubes as soon as they've popped. Then I'm going to keep the cubes on a plate with a ghetto humidity dome until I see some roots. Hopefully by then my black air hose will be here cause I threw the clear stuff away.

look'n slick there!
:watchplant:
i hate paint fumes myself, so i wrapped my res tub with thick black tape then covered that with reflective insulation. aint a single lumen getting into that thing! heat still seems to be a small problem for me but that'll end when i switch to 12/12..
anywho, Good Luck, Green Mojo and i'm pull'n up a chair!

Well I've cleaned this thing out twice now. Once with bleach then a follow up with dish soap. But there still seems to be some calcium build up. Any suggestions on getting rid of that?

100_1763.JPG

nevermind. I just got lazy and didn't scrub good enough in the corners. lol

BTW some of the seeds have popped and are now in cubes under a cut off plastic bottle 'humidity dome'.

Checked the water that I bought just to be sure. Ph seems a little high but it's such a small adjustment and the water is so pure I don't know if I should try to drop it. Still got at least a week before I need to worry about filling up my res.

Put a pic of my "humidity dome" another shot of my light and room temp and humidity, just cause I like taking pictures.

Ph.JPG

Tds.JPG

Humidity bottle.JPG

light.JPG

Tent temp+rh.JPG

Looks like all of the seeds in the rockwool are moving along. One of them I can't see too well. One extra seed popped so I tossed it in some soil to participate in the 'monster grow'. The temps are staying around 82-88 and rh is 59 at max. Been running the lights 24hrs a day for almost four days now just to monitor temps and humidity. It stays pretty stable and really only drops below 80 when I have the tent open for awhile. I should be getting my black air hose, 2 12" air stones, dual outlet air pump, and a little clip on fan by saturday or maybe monday. Then I'll be putting some water in there so I can keep it under the lights for a few days to monitor temps and make sure there is no growth of any kind down there. I'm pretty sure I've got all my bases covered this time, barring anything unexpected. I've also got a carbon filter that I will hook up when I need it.

Here you can see how much these are moving along. Number 1 and 2 are very apparent. Number 3 and 4 are hard to see in the pics but they are definitely coming along. Going to call this day 1.

GJ.JPG

GJ1.JPG

stonedrone said:
nevermind. I just got lazy and didn't scrub good enough in the corners. lol

BTW some of the seeds have popped and are now in cubes under a cut off plastic bottle 'humidity dome'.

Another time you can just use acid and boiling water. That way it will clean itself.

doctors voice "its a girl" we will know if theyre really ladies and not trannys lol... any ways good luck i'm sure it'll be a success with the help of all the experts here... well GREEN MOJOS ur way

happy smoking!!!

ishnish said:
they're all in the same cube?? :watchplant:

It's actually 4 cubes. They are only connected at the top and will break apart when I need them to.

What size and brand of grow tent are you using?

It's 4' x 2' x 5' I don't know the brand for sure but it was $100 on ebay.

Here's the side and bottom view of the cubes I've got ish

100_1797.JPG

100_1798.JPG

Got three little seedlings now that have just shed the shell tonight. I might have damaged number 2 cause I grabbed the shell not realizing it was somewhat connected to the seedling still und pulled it right up out of the cube. I tried to get it back in there as gently as I could but I guess we will see how steady my hands are in a day or two. That's why I'm using bagseed I guess. Next time I will know not to do that.

Latest posts

Back