10x9 room,how much light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Reaction score
hey everyone, wana use a bigger room. I have a 10x9 room and want to use most of the space. What would be the best way to go as far as lighting goes. I have 3 400watt systems and I know that won't be enough. Any help is appreicated!

well u could just use a plant per one. that's what i'd probably do. i think i am haha

^_^ Smokey Da Bear ^_^ said:
well u could just use a plant per one. that's what i'd probably do. i think i am haha

you need to change your signature SDB...Im getting a bit rrrrrrrrrrr

yeroc1982 said:
1 plant per 400watt bulb?

sorry my friend...That area will be best at 4 1000..but that sounds a bit large for a personal grow..and we dont take kind to commercial growers here..its in the rules.But this does answer question yes?..KEEP M GREEN:D

4000 watts sounds good.i too will be enlarging my grow area to just about 100 sq ft.i will run 300 1000 watters on a light mover.i will use the 2 400 watters in cool tubes for hanging vertically for lower plant penetration.since i will be going this big i will only have the one area for veg and flower.most likely.with this size area i believe i will not need a perpetual grow.as i will be harvesting alot more product.just 4 me only.summer months will not see me growing as i know i can grow enough to last me thru the summer months.this MMJ here is a blessing to me.

cool, thisnwill all be my personal stash. I'm not sure if I am gona use this whole space.

why not divide Room into seperate stage rooms..just my thaughts..and Im pretty stoned right now..lol

4u2sm0ke said:
why not divide Room into seperate stage rooms..just my thaughts..and Im pretty stoned right now..lol

I agree, that is what I would do if that was my space. LOL--some of us do our best thinking stoned.

you guys are talking about running ALOT of power. with 4000 watts, dont you have to upgrade your wiring?

im running a 10x10 room too, however i want to keep a open spaace for moving around, storing things, etc. im thinking about running 2 (400s) and a 600. Im hooking up the lights to my washer/dryer connection (do my laundry down the street anyways), and all the equipment is going to be run from the room outlets.

if you want to do 4 (1000s), lets say maybe i want to upgrade, dont you need to rework your wiring???

andy52 said:
4000 watts sounds good.i too will be enlarging my grow area to just about 100 sq ft.i will run 300 1000 watters on a light mover.i will use the 2 400 watters in cool tubes for hanging vertically for lower plant penetration.since i will be going this big i will only have the one area for veg and flower.most likely.with this size area i believe i will not need a perpetual grow.as i will be harvesting alot more product.just 4 me only.summer months will not see me growing as i know i can grow enough to last me thru the summer months.this MMJ here is a blessing to me.

That sounds like a little too much electricity Andy... 300 x 1000 watts? :eek:
Did I get that right?
pigs might come knocking on your door mate... Watch out... :D

Hey yeroc1982 yeah thats about the size of my room I am using 2x1000watts.
You need space on either side to get around so I wouldn't go to much more than that. TheEnhancementSmoker I don't see any problems with asking questions. Just cause you have a bunch of plants doesn't make you a commercial grower. If you have a couple heads to feed thats not a whole lot. What your "personal stash" and mine are two different things. Maybe he is just growing once or twice a year like me. Just cause you think it silly doesn't mean its not a legit question. You don't know his or my needs.

Latest posts

Back