16 oz. plastic cup grows

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days, wow! How far down did you plant that thing, and what kind of dirt/lighting are you using?

pussum said:
Two days, wow! How far down did you plant that thing, and what kind of dirt/lighting are you using?
It took two days to germinate using the paper towel method. Then it was placed in the soil about 1 inch deep. Two days later and here it is. We are using a 65 watt Flourex light right now.

Hey TBG I didn't hear you come in my grow room lol. That looks like my beansprout. My bean popped quick also, in 3 days in soil.

10 days above soil and just FFOF so far :cool: and alot of light :)

grow on everyone

:headbang2:

DSCF2708.JPG

Quick update: The little plant has made herself known.:banana:

WS-Sprout.jpg

These popped a few days ago, 2 out of 5 lived:(. Germed in rockwool, put in cups today.:ccc:

bud 026.jpg

bud 028.jpg

bud 027.jpg

just wanted to give a little update this is day eight and everything is looking great other than another seed poped up in there so i have to take it out and put that baby in a pot. I also wanted to say to everyone that all there cups look great cant wait for more pics have a good one all

aaaaaaa 012.jpg

aaaaaaa 013.jpg

man i totally missed this thread.

I WANNA PLAY!! but both my rooms are flowering right now so its not the best time to start a new sprout.

i actually have one thats in a smaller container than the cup but i forgot to water her and it wilted. it was about 8 inches tall and was a female and had a little bud on top of her.

hi there people, it popped up last night, i havn't got my floro's yet so it will sit under hps on 12/12 untill then :) looking good everyone!

HGB *** man! 10days! Wow>that's impressive..are you sure it's been 10days??

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
HGB *** man! 10days! Wow>that's impressive..are you sure it's been 10days??
u know i was thinking the same thing lol. mine is only 8 days old in the last pic and my leaves dont look like that. am i useing the wrong soil?? is there a magic soil that im missing lol. is it all that soil mixture u are useing? whats the trick bro let me in on it lol. peace

want my suggestion? i've already done a similar type of compition and won so i will not enter. my suggestion: flowering right out of the gate. your plant will flower out at one cola. i suggest this to avoid rootbound at an early age and allow for longer bud formation you will get your plant up to a nice size right out of the gate.

sorry if i gave away the secret, but this looks to be good.

Dankcloset, i was thinking maybe i should do that. i orderd 2 new floro's just for this grow but i don't think there good enough. iv'e got 5 plants currently in flower under hps so i'll put the little baby in with them and see what happens. cheers bud! ;)

your running a very high chance of killing it with the intensity of the h.i.d lighting, it would be better to put in natural light compared to that, for fluoro's, i suggest T4's

DankCloset said:
your running a very high chance of killing it with the intensity of the h.i.d lighting, it would be better to put in natural light compared to that, for fluoro's, i suggest T4's

:confused:...HID lighting is not too intense for seedlings, "IF" the heat is under control and proper distance is allowed for. Not nearly as intense as "natural light".(direct sunlight)

at 16-18inchs(give or take) with flow thru venting, under a 250w hps toast every time. in the window, i've had success doing it that way. besides, wrong season for outdoor, atleast here anyway, too cold. at 78degree's constant, no fluctuation, i wait till theres atleast 2 nodes before puting it under anything intense.

just the way i do things, it works for me so i stick with it.

I have my seedlings under a 175w mh and a 70w hps right now...they love it. As far as the rootbound thing...when your plants get to a point where they might be rootbound you can take the rootball out of the container and gently loosen the dirt. Soil settles over time from watering(if you top feed) and loosening up the rootball seems to help keep the plant from getting rootbound. Dank, you should enter...i'd love to see your grow since you've already won one of these.

Super busy with life outside of herb right now. With that said, my plants have not been getting really any attention whatsoever. So after a two day span of not even thinking about my grow, I checked it out and my Swazi Redbeard has popped the soil. She will be going into a 12/12 light schedule hopefully tonight if I'm not too beat. Right now, she, I hope she, is under the blue side of the spectrum for lights and the 12/12 room will have 1:1 red:blue lighting.

Well 3 days ago the worst thing happened that I could think of. I knocked my cup over and to my dismay I broke the poor little sapling at the soil line.:cry: Anyway I ropotted it and it still looks healthy. No big deal if it doesn't respond I'll just plant another one but it will be interesting to see what happens.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back