1st time Ebb & Flowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks man i appreciate your reply!
Important question: should i change my feeding schedule to only when the lights are on? I forgot i had it set to the veg light cycle.

Yeah i wanted to clone before hand..but just didn't have the time. The nut solution is only at about 50 percent and its 50 percent of the transitional phase on the bottle..so thats why i went ahead and cloned them. Since it had been only a week of that...figured they would be ok..so far they look better today then when i took them yesterday..haha.

for the shwag..was thinking..If i do top it...it might be benifiical from a "getting the most out of my hps light" way of thinking to top it..so the rest of the canopy can catch up..or am i Wrong in thinking this? would it end up taking too long for the new veg growth?

Although it was probably grown outdoors in Mexico so its prolly a sativa anyways..so its genetics based the height difference from the rest of the plants.

Ill just have to start making a decision.

Oh and so dont use the male leaves for hash? just double checking.

throw out the male, don't want it to pollinate your fems.

- clones can be taken in flower. we've done it before. doesn't have to be done if you plan ahead of time how many plants you have and don't rush mothers into flower.

- training, topping and scrog are all great methods.

Scrog, I have taken clones during flowering also, as long as you aren't cutting a full bud off when you take your clone it should work. I think they take a little longer if they are already in flowering because by then the growth of the plant is not as focused on stretching.

Dj, Ive never heard of clones ending up deformed just because they were in flowering when cut, are you sure it was shock that the clone was in? It doesn't seem to fit the symptoms, you may want to check out one of the plant abuse charts on the net if that happens.

Topping does slow the growth of the main stalk but that doesn't mean that by topping you are taking away from bud production. Topping must be done before flowering or else you would be cutting your largest bud off....If a plant is topped early it will not be as tall but the topping will promote side growth and keep the plant more compact so imo there is more bud/leaf/stem ratio when they are topped vs not topped. Feel free to prove me wrong, I would love to know more info on this.

update:

The clones look great everyone...they are still reallllllly green..have them under two cfls 24/0.

But some new problems/questions
(they are only a week into flowering..so I might be over thinking)

Pic 1
- This is a pic of my leader of the pack...is this just new growth or hermie like?
Pic 2- That is is a pic of the leader's top...it has hairs coming out all over the place! but down the stem more is where pic 1 was taken.
Pic 3- this is just like pic 1, except the "hold em"..
Pic 4- This is a pic of the backside of the same branches in pic 3.
Pic 5- This is a pic of the top of the hold em...beautiful the other tops for sure.
Pic 6- This is just a pic of the shwag...its getting tall..

Most of the problems seem to be lower of the stem..so maybe its just because of that and its early in the flowering?? Im hoping they are all pistils forming or new growth..but if they are not...should i start cutting them off?

I know bagseed is more common to hermie..and these are all bag seed but want to be females sooo bad.

Hydro question:

I am going to use Botanicare Hydroplex to add some weight and stuff to em..
The hydro store said a couple week after i start flowering..
The bottle says like the last week..blah..
And i have read other places to start it about 3-4 weeks into the flowering...

Anyone have some experience with the Hydroplex?

100_1727.jpg

100_1729.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1734.jpg

100_1735.jpg

100_1739.jpg

day 12

Hey everyone...well my plants are doing awesome. The shwag one had to be LSTed cause it was almost a foot taller then the rest of the canapy.
You can see that in one of the pics how I did it..questions or comments on it?

They are almost two weeks old now and showing some madddd bud sites. The light has been moved up more cause I think i have a little heat damage or light burn.

I have them on a mild amount of nutes still. I did put just a tad of the veg nutes in since they were still transitioning but im going to full bloom nutes in about a week to two. Then I will also start adding hydroplex to the mix. Yum Yum

Clones are also looking good..starting to root nicely.

Questions:
1 In the close up pic..im assuming this leaf damage is the light being too close or wind burn.
2 From the pics...does my fan look too close? I do not see much damage really caused by it..but just wondering. I have it on the second setting (3 in all)

in the pic with the hand holding the stem....that bud is on a lower branch..and I have been wondering if i should trim any lower bud sites since the flood table is small but doable of course.

100_1740.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1745.jpg

100_1746.jpg

100_1748.jpg

100_1752.jpg

100_1753.jpg

100_1755.jpg

100_1756.jpg

100_1758.jpg

well the clones are starting to search for water so its about time to transplant them to some small hydro pots for vegging. Ill have pics up later...although no one comments or seems to be able to help me with my questions :(

And my ladies are really starting to pack on the buds.

Anyone know of a good hydro forum..not bashing MP..but the hydro section does not receive much traffic..i thought maybe i would get a little bit more help in the grow logs...oh well.

hey just another update. I have my clones in their own pots now.. just plain water till tomorrow when ill add some nutes for them.

Still looking for any advice for using hydroplex??

I might start adding it soon maybe just a tbsp per gallon beginning in the 3rd week.

100_1759.jpg

100_1765.jpg

100_1771.jpg

100_1772.jpg

100_1762 (1288 x 966).jpg

Hey man.. The girls are looking GREAT!!!

I am not sure on the Hydroplex, but I am on my first Hydro grow too, and not quite as far as you.

Latest posts

Back