1st time flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeflocka

Reaction score
Can someone let me knw anything I need to do first time grower 1st week of flowering

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Keep feeding them and pour the lights to 'em. What light schedule are they on

Keep feeding them and pour the lights to 'em. What light schedule are they on?
Had them on 18/6 now it’s 12/12 for flower that’s what I seen on YouTube and I water when her every 3 days auto flower

If they are auto-flowers, you should have been able to keep them on 18/6 and eventually they would... automatically flower. BUT - It is OK!! I know Carty has had to, and I personally have once, flipped to 12/12 to force them to start budding a little early. Once you have established that they are budding good and decent, you should be able to crank your on time light hours back up. What genetics are you running? Seed Company and name of strain? Carty will probably want to know. He's an awesome dude, just sometimes a busy person and generally on later in the evenings. He should chime in eventually. - - - You are going to do great.

@Carty

Why You Shouldn’t Clone Autoflowers​

The autoflowering trait makes autos highly desirable among many growers. However, this same property makes them incompatible when it comes to cloning. The internal genetic clock of an auto, which dictates when flowering will take place, never stops ticking—this raises a major problem.

The average auto has a lifespan of around 10–12 weeks from germination to harvest. It’ll take around 3–4 weeks for a plant to grow large enough to take a viable cutting. Successful rooting and the establishment of the clone will take another 1–2 weeks. This leaves only eight weeks, at the very maximum, for the cutting to develop into a mature flowering plant. In the worst-case scenario, the specimen will have only six weeks before it reaches the end of the flowering stage. Realistically, before the grower even has the chance to take a cutting, the plant will have started to enter the early stages of bloom.

By the time the cutting becomes established, you’ll essentially have little more than a couple of preflowers on the end of a stick. With the vegetative phase virtually over before the grower took cuttings, the clone will exhibit little to no vegetative development and will fail to put on size and mature properly. To put it simply—you just wasted your time and unnecessarily removed a large chunk of living tissue from your original plant.

How Cloning Photoperiod Strains Differs From Autos​

In contrast, photoperiod plants are perfectly compatible with cloning. Remember, they don’t flower based on an internal genetic clock. Instead, they rely on external light cues in the form of a reduction in the light cycle. In a controlled growing environment, growers have complete control over the amount of light their plants receive.

When exposed to at least 13 hours of light per day, photoperiod plants will stay in the vegetative phase indefinitely. This means cultivators can keep their clones exposed to enough light to allow them to become fully-grown vegetative plants before switching them into bloom.

Cloning Autoflowering Strains: Don’t Waste Your Time​

Cloning autoflowering plants seems like a good idea at first, especially to growers that have recently discovered a perfect phenotype that matches all of their preferences. Unfortunately, taking cuttings from autos results in little more than wasted time. If you grow conventional autoflowering plants, you’ll simply have to accept the fact that you’ll need to start from seeds at the start of each growing cycle and bear the genetic variability within your crop.

While cloning remains fruitless when growing autos, breeding has come a long way in recent years. Now, auto growers have a real alternative to this horticultural practice.

Yes I got it from the dispensary it was a clone I noticed it change once I changed light cycles hopefully I didn’t just f things up 😫🤦🏽‍♂️
Sounds more like a Photo (reg) weed plant , and when you flipped to 12-12 light it kicked it into flower mode as it is suppose to do with a Photo plant.

Yes I got it from the dispensary it was a clone I noticed it change once I changed light cycles hopefully I didn’t just f things up 😫🤦🏽‍♂️
Are you sure it was a clone? From my understanding, cloning autos isn’t done because the cutting used to make the clone is essentially the same period of time along in the plants lifespan as the mother. See below…
IMG_2415.png

Latest posts

Back