2 400 watt or 1 1000 watt???????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
www.htgsupply.com for your lites. They have many options to choose from. I have bought 2 lites from them and they have been great. You might consider getting cool tubes since you have decided on 2 lites. I will soon have my room going with just a 400 bbut it will do wonders in the smaller room I am going to.:)

Uk1 said:
1000 1000 1000 1000 ... sorry ranting , umm i love my hps for veg & flower i started my new grow on it and boom bam i am the man ... haha just like to say damn my clothes are stinking from being in the grow room for 2minutes!... anyway id like to reply to ya but im guessing you already got the 2 400watt so i wont! :) :)
no i didnt buy my lights yet because something happened with my seeds coming through and i didnt want my lights just sitting around so im going to reorder my seeds and hope they get here this time. so u can comment away.:)

Reactions: Uk1
The Hemp Goddess said:
With a room that shape, I also think that you would do better with 2 400W. However, one of the things to consider is lumens/watt. Two 400W use 20% less electricity, but put out 33% less lumens than a 1000W. A 400W HPS puts out approx 50000 lumens or 125 lumens per watt. A 1000W puts out about 150000 lumens or 150 lumens per watt.

My room is 3 x 6.5 x 7.5 and I use a 1000W. I use a light mover when the room is full. A light mover makes ventilation and ducting more problematic.

You have problems with it? I have my plants right under the light, i kid you not, like 4 or 5 inches at the most with the light mover and no ventilation. Ive gotten no burn or anything. I hooked up the duct right above the light however to vent out any rising heat. I also only run it for an hour a day.

Personally id go with the 2 400 watts. It saves electricity and the work fine IMO. If you COULD!!!! go with 2 600 watts, that would be even better though! hahaha

Reactions: Uk1
they all got a point , electric is abit higher than most would like with the 1000w but if you get good ventilation for your space then its obviously gonna be much better using it .

look at my threads , like BC, WW, IC. they all under hps the ones before that crappy cfl's.

completly your choice , most will go with the majority of ppl .... not me! lol

yeah im think im gonna order the digital lights from the htgsupply website. 2 600 watt lights. they are pretty cheap imo. but wat is a cool tube? does that keep the plants from getting 2 hot? and will a fan not do the job of keeping the temps down?

before you go running off and purchasing yer lights and spending all yer money... consider that you are going to have to ventilate your grow too... and light proof it... have you done all your research on requirements?

if not, I suggest you do... there are a number of things yer gunna have to get....

yeah i been asking questions about that. im growing in an apartment and i cant cut holes in the walls to vent the air outside. i have found some doors i can drill some holes in so i can have intake and outtake air vents but i dont know if its goin to be enough. any advice on how i should do it.

ventalation is noisey as hell , i rarely use mine its more ideal for a proper setup in somewhere that noise doesnt matter xD ........

saying that though, there's other ways for our area of growing, get the 2 tubes (intake/outake) and instead of the main box doing all the work + noise lolz you get computer fans and tape them on the ends , that way they just need batteries & are noise free :) , hope that helps

Latest posts

Back