400 Watt HPS Son AGRO new set up !!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveganja.com

Reaction score
I just recently got this 400 watt hps set up with the 430 watt son agro bulb. This my first grow and i think I'm doing ok. I have question though. I have the light 14 inches away.....is this too far or do i need to bring them closer. My babies are a 4 weeks old as of sunday. I had four 40 watt 4' Fluorescent tube lights on them for the first 4weeks...... i have just changed the lights today. JUst tell me what yall think and give me alot of input please.P.S. sorry bout the shitty pics my digital cam battery dead so cell had to due for now.

PIC-0151.jpg

PIC-0152.jpg

PIC-0153.jpg

PIC-0154.jpg

PIC-0155.jpg

PIC-0156.jpg

PIC-0157.jpg

lookin good man. good solution on putting the ballast on there. i was worried when i thought about it sitting on that carpet.. see how it goes.............. should be better than mine....... but thats not saying much.
keep it up man that stuff is looking funky

and take the wall decor down asap
Rob said so..............

no strenchs.. I don't see any strenches keep it up.. good job.. I will keep eye on that.. what color spectrum of that agro light is that kinda red?

do you think you need use it for bloom grow only?

The plants are really loving the lights doing good. I just recently move the lights closer..... they are now 12inches from the light, canopy to light. I took the reflective dacor down thank you..lol...im looking into purchasing 50' of mylar for 60 bucks. This 430 Watt Philips Son Agro HPS light bulb has a 30% increased blue spectrum in addition to the red/orange spectrum needed for fruiting, flowering and budding. The Son Agro lamp offers the benefits of a Metal Halide and HPS lamp since it combines the two spectrums. The Son Agro is ideal for growing vegetables such as peppers and tomatoes. It has 53,000 lumens initially.

yeah but my mh is fatter. hahahahahahaha......but seriously let me know about that mylar. Happy new year

have you noticed any new growth or faster growth since using the bulb as compared to before or is it to early to tell?

I mean the flouros was getting the job done,but it seems like this new bulb is speeding the procees up. As soon as I put the new bulb on them it was a immediate reponse from the plants......the top leaves started reaching and spouted even more. Im going to get a brand new light for the next grow, cause they say the bulb loses lumens over time. Being that this bulb already had its share of lumen lose.

ILoveganja.com said:
The plants are really loving the lights doing good. I just recently move the lights closer..... they are now 12inches from the light, canopy to light. I took the reflective dacor down thank you..lol...im looking into purchasing 50' of mylar for 60 bucks. This 430 Watt Philips Son Agro HPS light bulb has a 30% increased blue spectrum in addition to the red/orange spectrum needed for fruiting, flowering and budding. The Son Agro lamp offers the benefits of a Metal Halide and HPS lamp since it combines the two spectrums. The Son Agro is ideal for growing vegetables such as peppers and tomatoes. It has 53,000 lumens initially.
is there a 430w ballast?or will a 400 do?

Nall just all you need is a regular 400 watt ballast. That is what is so special about the 430 Watt Son AGRO bulb..... it uses the same watts as your average 400 watt hps bulb but puts out 30% more blue spectrum and lumens.

go to hydroponics net and look at the mylar there....54" x 25 ft $13

Thanks man that is hell of alot cheaper. I kinnda got everything here there, not just one particular place.

Latest posts

Back