9 grams per/watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would sure solve a southern Florida garage grower's summer heat problem! Not that I know anyone like that :D.

StoneyBud said:
Thanks Hal, the lights are also my prime consideration. I held off on buying any because they didn't meet my needs and the size or light spread wasn't what I was looking for. These 25 watt panels are *exactly* what I've been waiting for.

I'll take clones off the Pre98/Bubba Kush host plants I have going. The clones of course will be mature already, so once in the hydro and it's 12/12 immediately. The lights will be practically sitting on the tops of the colas, so I think I'll get decent results from the lights. As good as they can produce, anyway.

This will cure many things for me. The heat I have now makes me use an air conditioner and two fans. I have to plumb the exhaust outside the house, or the house air conditioning goes nuts and costs me more. The resulting problem of dealing with the odor prior to it leaving the house is more cost. That one won't change much. They'll still smell with the LEDs, but I can contain it in the grow room with an air cleaning system.

The costs of replacement bulbs and bulbs losing lumens over their age span.

The initial costs of the HPS, Flos and MH lights can be cut down with the life span of the LED's and the costs will maybe be less than the HID's in the long run. My spreadsheet will have to tell me that later.

The problems with growing that face med growers throughout the world may be relieved a bit if this method works. The double-decking of crops is also a HUGE factor in space utilization and maximization of grow area funds.

I've wanted to do this in a very bad way for quite some time.

Someone finally put out a light that has the needed power and dimensions for my trial.

Dude! It also makes that "other" thing we talked about come a step closer to reality. Oh Yeah... :hubba: :D :cool:

When AlienBait did his grows, he noted that the smell while veggin and flowering was almost non existant with leds. This could well be that terpen production is wavelength driven. Perhaps you can note some of these type observations.

ArtVandolay said:
This would sure solve a southern Florida garage grower's summer heat problem! Not that I know anyone like that :D.

I can't imagine how hot your garage gets. Man, I have a "Florida Room" that gets like an oven.

umbra said:
When AlienBait did his grows, he noted that the smell while veggin and flowering was almost non existant with leds. This could well be that terpen production is wavelength driven. Perhaps you can note some of these type observations.

I sure will umbra. That's an interesting observation. I'll make a note of it and see what happens on the upcoming grow.

I do know that the Bubba Kush odor is intense! Man does it smell good, and I'm only into day 17 of flowering.

Why cant you tell us what kind of panels your using????????? I dont understand??? here what i do know i have 10 of the 12 watt panels and they are junk sidelights... i have 2 ufos working wonderfully and they have Name Brand LEDs... Also had 2 55watt panels from a major LED producer and they were total junk... So bad i sent them back....

So whats the big secret about your "SUPER" panels?

StoneyBud said:
I can't imagine how hot your garage gets. Man, I have a "Florida Room" that gets like an oven.

My flower room has hit 100 every night for 3 weeks now. I knew it was going to be tough sledding but I forgot how hot August is down here. My satoris look just awful.

ArtVandolay said:
My flower room has hit 100 every night for 3 weeks now. I knew it was going to be tough sledding but I forgot how hot August is down here. My satoris look just awful.
I hear you man. I use my Florida Room in the mornings. If I go in there in the afternoon, it's to get the fresh baked bread and bring it in the house....<joking>

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Why cant you tell us what kind of panels your using????????? I dont understand??? here what i do know i have 10 of the 12 watt panels and they are junk sidelights... i have 2 ufos working wonderfully and they have Name Brand LEDs... Also had 2 55watt panels from a major LED producer and they were total junk... So bad i sent them back....

So whats the big secret about your "SUPER" panels?
I sense hostility in your post. What's up with that?

I have roughly same area and I am lucky to get 1 lb.

I WILL BE WATCHING THIS ONE. :)

MOJO

I cant seem to find a lumen comparison?

OGKushman said:
I have roughly same area and I am lucky to get 1 lb.

I WILL BE WATCHING THIS ONE. :)

MOJO
A pound would bring my yield down by about 4 ounces, but if that were all I got using one layer, then I'd be happy with it.

Since the second crop will be to add the second layer to the grow, I would then get 32 ounces from that area which would almost double my current yield. I'd be very happy with that, even.

I think by using the center cola growing, I can increase my yield greatly. The main colas would be all there is and they would be packed neck to neck throughout the grow area on both levels.

I think that may make the difference. I hope so anyway.

OGKushman said:
I cant seem to find a lumen comparison?
The lumens from LED's are calculated in a much more complicated formula. I've seen it, but it was seriously over my head, mathematically, and I say that very, very infrequently. My first coherent thought after seeing it was: What the Hell does THAT mean?

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:

Thanks EK, it's going to be very interesting.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
no hostililty at all....... im just curious as to the "miracle" panel...?
It's not anything but a HO LED panel. I have my reasons for not disclosing it's source for now.

I will, after the grow.

Are you talking about those photographers LED panel light kits?
6"x3" is like 150 bucks when i went a googling.
Only thing i noticed with em is they are at around 6000K light spectrum. Also didn't tell me much on lumen output.

Sorry guys. The light panels will remain a mystery until after the grow.

You might be able to catch a glimpse of them during the grow... hehe

Like I said, I have my reasons.

Sorry.

Latest posts

Back