A Couple Issues, Pictures Included

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyFrog420

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
Still a newbie! A little history (I have already been told that the soil and such I am using is not "ideal".. so i already know this and it will never happen again) :)

Now with that said, I have 6 plants total and 5 of them are having some issues.

I used miracle grow potting soil and I made a big boo boo by using a time-release pellet plant food. I added the pellets in the soil when I transplanted the plants and it is "Dyno-mite" 18-6-8

Here are some pics,
yellowing of the tips and edges, and yellow leaves etc.

(1) 1 plant has yellowing of the tips and edges which began with new growth but has spread to the entire plant.
(2) 2 plants have the bottom leaves that are completely yellow/light green
(3) 1 plant has yellowing tips beginning at the bottom
(4) 1 plant has yellowing tips and edges from middle to bottom as well as completely yellow leaves at the bottom.

Please help me, Thank you!

IMGP4153a.jpg

IMGP4168a.jpg

IMGP4157a.jpg

Your issues are nute burn. need to get those time release capsules out of your soil. Your plant is dying.

how do you think i should go about doing that?? how do i transplant without damaging the roots?

Damaging the roots is the least if your problems. If the soil will not easily crumble away from the roots you can place your plant in a bucket of water as gently swish your plant around till the soil is removed

I would try a transplant in which you would rinse away as much as the root ball as possible, and then transplant into good soil. I agree with pcduck, I believe you have nutrient burn.

so... after i transplant, when should i give them nutrients again?
I WILL NOT be using the pellets again, I promise.. I have learned my lesson.

Wait till you see new growth. Once they look normal give them a weak feeding once there is a slight yellowing showing. This way any excess stored nutes have a chance to be used up.

so about how long do you think it will take for the plant to respond to the transplant if done correctly?

I transplanted 5 of mine about 1 week ago.

They were way farther along then yours are. I didnt mess with the roots very much, just knocked off a little dirt that would have very easly fallen off anyway.
When they got to there new home, a 5 gal bucket, I watered the heck out of them, almost like a flushing, they kind of did nothing for about 2 days then after that they went wild and certainly made up for the 2 days rest.

I dont think I had any nute problems though. I think my problem was root bound.

Not really sure if that was the proper way to do it or not, but I still got 5 very healthy females going strong.

Whatever you deceide to do, just be very gentle and I am sure they will make the transfer OK.

Good Luck !!!

thanks wildbrain, well it is looking very unhappy right now, very very droopy.. I hope it comes back to life.. :-(

if you are useing manmade chemicals you should switch to organic if you are worried about burning your plants with organic your plant will be much harder to burn and will take in only what it needs hope this helps you also get your self some supersoil its cheap and and works well with the mj i grow 10 feet plants with this stuff

get the plants out of that soil ur still in veg go by a good soil like sunshine peat and water wit a good veg and bloom nuts u can save them but u have to act fast:farm:

I have 2 plants that were MGrown also.1 I transplanted into new soil after removing as much MGro soil as I could.I think I stunted it by burying to much when I transplanted,she never missed a beat and is now about 4 weeks into flowering.The second plant I actually left in the MGro as the whole thing slid out at once so I just buried all of it in new soil.This one is my biggest one.I'm not suporting MGro at all just saying it is doable.I have found stretching days between waterings is beneficial.

Latest posts

Back