A New Realm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Closet-Treasure

Reaction score
Yup, i am officially in the growing game! Over the last couple of years i have been aching to grow and have got my feet a little wet by sprouting seeds and growing seedlings.. I couldnt take it further because of my old residence but more recently i have had the opportunity to do so.. Before i started my first serious marijuana grow i wanted to enhance my knowledge of growing marijuana, so i researched and stumbled across this forum. After learning some of the basics i got the supplies and started the project and now it has been almost 4 weeks since i planted my little sprouts! I will get pictures up as soon as i can snaggle my friends camera, lol. Basically all i have to work with is a 20''x24''x54" closet, so i got four 10" pots, four 26w-cfl (1 over each plant) and one 40w-cfl (in the middle of it all). I used the biggest/prettiest seeds that I picked from a shiat load of seeds that i've gathered over the past year. Kinda crappy.. i know buuutttt i figured what the hell its my first time. Everything has been going good except i have spotted some little gnats! My plants are not heavily infested but they are there and i need to get rid of them before they try.. I wanted to get diatomaceous earth but i coudlnt find it at any local store so i ended up with a "Garden Safe" product, Fruit & Vegetable Insect Spray ( its says its insecticide for plants from plants...) what do you think?

Welcome to the forum and growing! It seems to sound like a very safe product but I would do a little more research on it to make sure. Got any pictures of your grow? Hope to see you around!

THANKS! ya hopefully ill have pictures up within the next day. I really want to show off one of em in particular.. shes just gorgeous :hubba:

hey closet treasure welcome to mp looking forward to your pics ,,,,you going to do a grow journal ,so we can see these babies grow?:tokie:

welcome to the site closet-treasure. i'm a newbie myself, just starting off a grow. pics' are always' good here, but the advice is priceless. hope you find all you need here, i know i have so far... welcome again...:welcome:

Welcome to MP Closet-Treasure. You have chosen the right place to learn and share your knowledge of growing the wonderful plant MJ. This site is chocked full of all sorts of different methods of growing mj. With a little determination and dedication, you will be growing some top of the line bud in no time at all. It's good to have you here and I hope to see you around the forums sometime soon my friend. Until then, take care and good luck.

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here and hope to see ya around. Enjoy the site! ;)

Closet-Treasure said:
Yup, i am officially in the growing game! Over the last couple of years i have been aching to grow and have got my feet a little wet by sprouting seeds and growing seedlings.. I couldnt take it further because of my old residence but more recently i have had the opportunity to do so.. Before i started my first serious marijuana grow i wanted to enhance my knowledge of growing marijuana, so i researched and stumbled across this forum. After learning some of the basics i got the supplies and started the project and now it has been almost 4 weeks since i planted my little sprouts! I will get pictures up as soon as i can snaggle my friends camera, lol. Basically all i have to work with is a 20''x24''x54" closet, so i got four 10" pots, four 26w-cfl (1 over each plant) and one 40w-cfl (in the middle of it all). I used the biggest/prettiest seeds that I picked from a shiat load of seeds that i've gathered over the past year. Kinda crappy.. i know buuutttt i figured what the hell its my first time. Everything has been going good except i have spotted some little gnats! My plants are not heavily infested but they are there and i need to get rid of them before they try.. I wanted to get diatomaceous earth but i coudlnt find it at any local store so i ended up with a "Garden Safe" product, Fruit & Vegetable Insect Spray ( its says its insecticide for plants from plants...) what do you think?
...gnats!!! .:eek: .. :eek: by killing the flying adults, you are treating the syptoms, but NOT solving the problem. The adults have little effect on plants, it is the larvae in the soil that does the damage.

..ooops :eek: dunno why that came out all red.. :p

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! ya HICK i figured i needed to do something about the gnats larva since they are the source of the problem. I used the garden safe product on all my plants yesterday so hopefully it works! have yet to see a gnat since and i hope it stays that way!

welcome on board... grab a paddle and join in on the paddling :D

Latest posts

Back