Advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanemac

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post here! I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have 4 orange bud feminised and 3 skunk no.1 under a 400 hps. The thing is they are about 3 wks old and some of the bottom leaves are going yellow. I started them in bio bizz light mix I was wondering could this be it. I grew 4 orange bud last year and this didnt happen. I started em in bio bizz all mix last time and I`m gonna transplant em into that shortly. Anyways any help would be appreciated.

Have you been using any ferts. If not it may just be low in Nitrogen.

there more than ready for the all mix :)

should pick up a few days after transplant... there just hungry ;)

I transplanted em today anyway, hope they pick up they look shook!

sounds like a water problem check your ph keep it around 6.5 if you can... and nitrogen..

im new to all this as well mate but i also have 4 obud on the go under 400w the very bottom leaves are yellow on all mine but the rest off the plant/plants are fne and healthy and are cumming along nicely but the guys on this fourm will keep ye rite

I saw this happen when I changed to T5 lamps (fluoro). After a little experimenting and reading, it seems to have been due to lack of light penetration to the lower leaves. No light means no photosynthesis which means no chlorophyll and then they turn yellow.
I pruned a few more fan leaves and got my lights lower to the plant as the T5's only burn if the touch the plants. You may not be able to get so close with the 400w light.

Might I ask what is the square footage of your grow area? Maybe you can harness more light with some walls to make a smaller area to help get more penetration.

I was running a 400w MH then I change to T5’s with 192w. I had cut my lights in half but the area stayed the same. The effect was as if I had doubled my grow area when I lowered the wattage.

Just some thoughts
Lil Elvis
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

it seems to have been due to lack of light penetration to the lower leaves. No light means no photosynthesis which means no chlorophyll and then they turn yellow.
thanks elvis..a point that I've been trying to get across for months.
Folks are always trying to supplment their HID lighting with flo's. But in oorder for them to do any good at all, they must be close(within 6", maximum). In most cases, putting them close enough to benefit the plants, blocks hid light. "Double" negative...;)

Latest posts

Back