Amber Trichomes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franco3420

Half assed gardener
Reaction score
This may sound crazy but my plants, Skunk #1, have been in their flowering stage for 96 days!! I use a microscope and although the Trichomes are mostly all cloudy, I don't see more than a few Ambers. Of course the seed info says they are ready for harvest in 49-55 days, but I was no where near that in 55 days and am still waiting for at least 40-50% amber before I harvest. I've tested a few buds but am not getting the head I would like to achieve. Just a slight buzz. Any Input would help. I would like to know if anyone else waited so long to harvest.

stop waiting. some plants will never turn amber. it is meant to be a guide, not written in stone. i have had plants that went 26 weeks. way too long.

YES! My last run of chocolope went about 93 days and was about 5% amber. u got all u can get and time to chop. I very much agree with umbra..

The problem is the product isn't that strong. Should I still cut them down?

The problem is the product isn't that strong. Should I still cut them down?

I get corrected so always wait a day before acting on my comments :)
clear trichromes are EMPTY
smoky trichromes are filled with goodness
amber trichromes are TOO LATE

I always pluck at the first sign of amber IF there aren't many CLEAR ones.

Did you remember to FLUSH?

I started flushing yesterday. I,ll flush till after the weekend then cut them down.
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it👍

em1, fulvic acid, trichoderma, and mycorrhizal fungi

After about of pythium, I tried that mycorrhizal fungi with RDWC and the pot had a funny taste, did I do something wrong?
I stopped next grows and I use 10ml H2O2 / 20L w/ chemical ferts and all seems okay
but I'd rather use the myco than H2O2
(I was sprinkling it on the roots in the pellets and some in rez too)
inadequate rinse?

no idea about the hydro application. I think Keef and Rose use em1 as a foliar spray. Myco are fungi that attach themselves to the roots of the plants and help convert organic nutes into a chelated form for the plant to absorb. H2O2 will kill most micro organisms, that and the oxygen content are why it is used in hydro systems. If using chemical nutes, they are already in a chelated form and the myco will do no good and have nothing to eat.

no idea about the hydro application. I think Keef and Rose use em1 as a foliar spray. Myco are fungi that attach themselves to the roots of the plants and help convert organic nutes into a chelated form for the plant to absorb. H2O2 will kill most micro organisms, that and the oxygen content are why it is used in hydro systems. If using chemical nutes, they are already in a chelated form and the myco will do no good and have nothing to eat.

got it, thanks for that detailed explanation. Jeeze, I think I kill more than I grow in here. I was starving some good little bugs, great, another sleepless night.

Them poor critters remind me of an uncle that used to train his dogs to not eat. But every time he would get one trained, it would up and die :doh: :hubba:

Latest posts

Back