Any herb related pet names?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SherwoodForest said:
I'm trying to name my new puppy and wondered what names you guys have thought of for your pets. Mine is a little blue nose pit bull boy and so far he is Bud, Blue, or Buzz.

I absolutely love blue pits, I've had buddies name their dogs chronic, blaze, Kush, and ganja.

His name isn't MJ related but here's some pics of my blue pit...

DSCN0273.JPG

DSCN0607.JPG

DSCN0606.JPG

herb names ! basil, rosemary,minty,parsley,dill (lol), marj-oram,cori-ander,angelica,celery,chives,fennal,primrose,horse-radish,lavender,ell-gee-lemongrass,myrtle,sage,oregano,thyme, to name a few ! good luck !

cadlakmike1 said:
I absolutely love blue pits, I've had buddies name their dogs chronic, blaze, Kush, and ganja.

His name isn't MJ related but here's some pics of my blue pit...
Sweet! I am so into pits, now if only I could train mine.:D I've had many pits since I was a kid, they are the most loyal and faithfull sob's I've known. I can't think of a single human being other than my sister that I trust as much as my pits.;)

SherwoodForest said:
Sweet! I am so into pits, now if only I could train mine.:D I've had many pits since I was a kid, they are the most loyal and faithfull sob's I've known. I can't think of a single human being other than my sister that I trust as much as my pits.;)

Pits are actually really easy to train with the right methods, I train for a sport called Schutzhund(if your not familiar google it, it's a really interesting sport) as a hobby. In the past I was also involved in weight pull competitions and french ring. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to help.

cadlakmike1 said:
Pits are actually really easy to train with the right methods, I train for a sport called Schutzhund(if your not familiar google it, it's a really interesting sport) as a hobby. In the past I was also involved in weight pull competitions and french ring. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to help.
in australia most states have banned pits ! this sucks due to them being exactly what you have stated ! yet **** head owners use them as fighting dogs in the under world ..and a certain amount of dealers use them for thier own protection (because they can't fight for them selves) yet the dickheads that train them to attack people ...now have them attacking visitors kids behind closed doors ..and they are getting put down on a regular basis,, yes man they are highly loyal ! but the owners are the one's that should be shot ! nice dogs man! have'nt seen one for about 3 yrs ! damn shame ! peace !

purplephazes said:
in australia most states have banned pits ! this sucks due to them being exactly what you have stated ! yet **** head owners use them as fighting dogs in the under world ..and a certain amount of dealers use them for thier own protection (because they can't fight for them selves) yet the dickheads that train them to attack people ...now have them attacking visitors kids behind closed doors ..and they are getting put down on a regular basis,, yes man they are highly loyal ! but the owners are the one's that should be shot ! nice dogs man! have'nt seen one for about 3 yrs ! damn shame ! peace !

LOL, you should probably google those sports I listed because they are all about attacking people. My dog is in no way an attack dog though. He is extremely friendly until I put his "training harness" on, then it's time to work/compete. Pits have a ton of energy and if not properly dispelled they can turn neurotic and destructive. My dog would never bite someone unless he was told to or if he felt I was in danger. He's extremely friendly, good with other dogs, good with kids, but deep down he is trained to do something and is very good at it. Look at the military for instance, just because you train a Marine to fight, that doesn't mean he is going to attack some random person for no reason, it will either be for a good reason or because of an issue not related to his training, the same applies to my dog. Just because he excels in a sport that involves bite work does not make him more likely to randomly attack, IMO it makes him less likely, a big part of the sports we participate in includes him being instigated by someone in a bite suit but he isn't allowed to move until he is commanded to, then he will release as soon as he is told. I had to go through a lot of temperament training to make sure my dog was stable enough to learn all the things he has been taught, I was also extensively interviewed because in the wrong hands my dog with his training would be a very dangerous machine. In my hands he is a very well trained member of my family, but when it's time to compete...watch out. Sorry about the ramble but I get pretty passionate about pits and defending them. Wasn't trying to steal your thread, sorry.

Thats pretty cool cad. A friend of mine does a certain kind of dog training as a hobby. Kind where you place duck decoys around a field, and use the whistle to command left/right/in/out and all that.
Amazing stuff to watch.

while on the subject ..sorry about the thread bust-up..but tail docking of roties and dobermans is banned as well in all but one state ! ..ok fair enough ..if its done with a damn axe or kitchen knife .. yet they say its cruelty ..anyway a classic example has been set regarding morality .. australia has more sheep than kangaroo's yet its cruel to cut a dogs tail off ..but still acceptable to cut sheep tails off .. i was thinking about bring this info up and directing it toward the person/s involved ! yet sheep get fly blown around the crutch area after giving birth ..fair enough ..i would probably loose this argument .. yet i know that sheep get dipped in chemicals (forced to walk through a pool of chemicals ) to prevent this from happening anyway. so the standards imo are all about face anyways ! peace .

This working dog sport offers an opportunity for dog owners to train their dog and compete with each other for recognition of both the handler's ability to train and the dog's ability to perform as required. It is a sport enjoyed by persons of varied professions, who join together in a camaraderie born of their common interest in working with their dogs. Persons of all ages and conditions of life including those with significant disabilities enjoy Schutzhund as a sport. Often, it is a family sport...........this is an awesome sport..if only aussie authorities could get an understanding of this sport all decent pit owners would have very strong argument as to the termination policies involved ! sorry about the interuption.. dogs are the bomb !

Had a black cross breed called squidgy many many moons ago.

Bud name for a blue? How bout Blue mystic?

Oh and cadlakmike1 that is one sweet looking dog man, real nice.

Well I named my guy Diesel and he listens to it. I love this little guy as I love all my animals, but he is such a great dude.

Diesel laughing.jpg

Diesel and Sophia.jpg

I always wanted to name my dog "HPS". It didn't work cause every time I called him, it aways sounded like I was sneezing. Hpppppssssssssss, Hpppppppsssssssss, here boy!

hehe

A dog can only be as start as you train him to be. The more you work and pay attention to the dog the better he will listen and more loyal he will be. Pit bull are a great dog if they are treated right. If abused they will abuse back. If you raise a dog with love and tenderness that is the dog he will be.

No such thing as a dangorous dog its all up to people.

Had and rescued quite a few dogs from your little dogs like irish staffs, English bulls, mixed cross crazies through to Rotweilers ( one of which tried killing me lol ) and miss treated Japanese Akita's ( they can be very nasty ).

Me and a friend will always take on a dog in need and sort them out and re home them, or keep em if that not an option lol.

Had abused dogs, dogs ment to be getting put down, dangerous dogs whatever, but once the aparant hard case animals had being showed some respect and given some time, love and attention i can tell you now you could not ask for a more loyal, obediant and protective friend.

I mean if they dont know you and you walk in yard or unit with em your dead, simple but i never tried to stop em being like that cos they make good gaurd dogs.

My girlfriend was walking the nutty Rotweiler ( Boss ) on a lead by herself within a week, and he never gave her any trouble at all but i knew damn sure she was safe lol.
He was like a puppy with her but soon as anyone got within about 6ft of her he'd let them know lol.
My mate went to light a smoke stood behind her and within a second of his hand raising up behind my girlfriend he was on the floor screaming lol the dog had seen him spun round, grabed his arm and dragged him to floor lol.
No attack training just a natural protective instinct and thats part of the reason i like DWA ( Dogs With Attitude ).
Seems to me they are so gratefull or happy to be in there new home and being treated right that they will protect you at all costs.

Got loads of stories could go on for ever as you can probably see i love dogs lol especially ones people think are bad :)

Latest posts

Back