Beware of Comcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread and then I realized it should have it's own thread.

Guess who showed at my house 3 days ago? They were like gangbusters, tons of vans and tons of technicians. My dogs were going nuts, so I went to the door, before they could knock I opened the door and said is their a problem? Answer was no. As this guy is talking to me I notice more guys around the side of my house carry line and ladders. No problem sir we are just replacing the cable lines in the area. No phone call or letter I said, nope. It was Comcast, they sent their training crews to replace lines in a heatwave so it sounded fishy. I decided to water the garden, it's on the side where they were. Turns out it was legit, I ended up talking to two/three guys(he was here and there) and they were cool. In fact one guy said I had the most impressive veggie garden he has ever seen, he even knew all the herbs...turns out him and his mom are holistic, I made a joke about MJ (I don't have any in my garden BTW LOL, and the other guy says in our training class we are told to report anything abnormal. I said seriously, he said yes we have been sitting through classes all last week and they always say to report anything strange...BASTARDS!!!! The 2 guys were not the type though, they said it's none of our business plus we me and so and so live we get killed for that crap, they were from Kensington...scarey neighborhood in Philly. The subject then went to salmanella and tomatos they were nice guys, I let them run through the sprinkler and eat lunch on my lawn under a tree...it was hot. I also gave them some potted herbs to take home to mom and a wife.

Woops too much info LOL long story short everyone is out to get us everyone. I'm sorry but you knock first then ask permission to go into someones yard. Also during this "operation" a cop drove by parked and wlked up the sidewalk, he was chatting with one of them and I was almost certain he was going to walk right up on my lawn, he didn't but I was prepared to freak...I already have enough troubles and I don't want Darth Vader on my property ever....in all seriousness though Darth is more welcome then them.

It was legit, they did all the houses on the block but they are told to report things...I heard it right from the horses mouth (what does that mean anyways LOL). Also they are replacing all their lines I know a manager there he said so himself, he grows so he knows.

Just be wary cause I did notice my neighbors that had already left for work had guys in their yards.

howdy snuggles, couple points..
1. you dont wanna "freak". i just got done freakin and they came to my door a week ago! not fun, the freakin thing.
2. im pretty sure all backyard techs(phone,gas,cable) are trained to "report strange things".
3. meter readers wont go in my backyard, dogs are out 24/7, some worker was stuck up the pole one day..heard him hollerin for his partner and i came out so he could come down. they all knock here...not that it matters,they all know about us.
4. thanks for the heads up, glad i dont use comcast!

yup yup bro your strait, comcast is just rewiring their phiboroptics or however thatsn spelt.... i had verizon in my hood before summer workers are ussuaslly strait like that and pot them selves alotta time. Yup ide more worried of them robbin a house then rattin ya out cuzz when they were aroud my house the people that werent home they walked all around the house..

By freak I meant call my lawyer, he told me to do so. They aren't allowed on property unless of an emergency or a problem one where I call them or someone calls on me. I know buddy I saw your post, also these guys just arrested me, I hate cops...I'm not always a nice guy and I hate cops, in fact I have a relative married to a cop and guess what I hate him and he knows it. He's like 500 lbs. always talking about his job and I always snicker or say things to him LOL, he knows he's a slovenly rat fink. Dude couldn't catch a baby crawling, I'm surprised he even fits in his car, and to top it off he's a mouth breather LOL sorry but I had to vent.

I'll be leaving PA, can I live in your garage lyfr? LOL

snuggles said:
Dude couldn't catch a baby crawling, I'm surprised he even fits in his car, and to top it off he's a mouth breather LOL sorry but I had to vent.

LMAO. :rofl:

It is truly weird... In here, people beat up police officers if they trespass their property. Police officers are powerless unless they are from narcotic or similar high class work or MIT (MIT = National Information Crops)...

My father's blood brother and my uncle are both police officers, my uncle used to be... They both say "People with cash is above law, this occupation is useless."

But this is a different country... A country where you can spit into the face of a police officer and he is powerless to do anything.

It is always S.O.P. for me to run down a checklist of things that need to be done before I have any tech's in my house. ALWAYS. The day before I will make sure I leave the house for a few hours so that my senses are not used to the smell of my home. When I come back I take a bunch of huge sniffs to ensure the house doesn't smell of any suspicious "odors". I'll ensure all doors that need to be locked are locked, and that most importantly my house is clean and litter free.

Absolutely anything out of the ordinary will raise a flag with anyone. Even having your grass to high is a no/no when you do what we do. Anything that pings you on the radar, even in the slightest, is bad. In your case I think you did the right thing. You didn't flip out immediately and just kind of weeded out the information you needed for peace of mind.

Stinkin' Comcast - HATE THEM! The part about Darth Vader was pretty funny...but I'm a little "lofty" right now as is...

This morning I'm smoking like a chimney while framing out my grow space and my frickin' neighbor who likes me (yeech! - I think I threw up in my mouth...) bangs on my door! I almost had a flippin' coronary! I tell him through the door that I can't talk but he starts yammering anyway about how the gas co. in the area is conducting "inspections". The are literally going house to house , going in everyone's basement to supposedly check their gas lines to see if they need "repairs." Sure enough when I check my mail, there's a letter stating the very same thing. IN FACT - It states that a representative was ALREADY AT MY HOUSE (which would have been an unannounced visit!) I can now call to schedule an appointment for them to come out, but I'm really not loving it that they just showed up at my door unannounced with the expectation to be allowed in and the ability to scan around at my stuff and make a mental note of it!

I DON'T TRUST 'EM!!!

Needless to say I'll be holding off on the "interior construction" :D until after their little inspection.

Dadgumit said:
Stinkin' Comcast - HATE THEM! The part about Darth Vader was pretty funny...but I'm a little "lofty" right now as is...

This morning I'm smoking like a chimney while framing out my grow space and my frickin' neighbor who likes me (yeech! - I think I threw up in my mouth...) bangs on my door! I almost had a flippin' coronary! I tell him through the door that I can't talk but he starts yammering anyway about how the gas co. in the area is conducting "inspections". The are literally going house to house , going in everyone's basement to supposedly check their gas lines to see if they need "repairs." Sure enough when I check my mail, there's a letter stating the very same thing. IN FACT - It states that a representative was ALREADY AT MY HOUSE (which would have been an unannounced visit!) I can now call to schedule an appointment for them to come out, but I'm really not loving it that they just showed up at my door unannounced with the expectation to be allowed in and the ability to scan around at my stuff and make a mental note of it!

I DON'T TRUST 'EM!!!

Needless to say I'll be holding off on the "interior construction" :D until after their little inspection.
dang it, we just don't have rights anymore.

haha i hear snuggles my bro in laws dad is a ex pig i hate him and he know it too i dont even like the brother in law... but what am i gonna do.. i know if you rent sometimes you cant refuse their service theyll say lanlord say so but if you own you should be able to tell them to buzz off and your gass is fine... im glad my tank is outside.. stay safe

i wouldnt deal with them bastards anyways.my wife and i called them to get cable and they were supposed to come a week later..never showed,so my wife called em and said she had taken the day off just for them to come out and they never showed,so they apologize and said they'd credit our account $100 and they'd be out in 3 days.3 days later..still they dont show.so we call em back and ask them whats going on and they tell her they have nothin on their records of us calling and they didnt have anywhere on record of us having that $100 credit.i finally said enough is enough and when they finally,2 weeks later showed up to connect it,i told him to not even bother and that i'd never use them or recommend them ever again.so for now on,if i need a phone,ill call at&t and if i need cable,i'll use direct tv..NEVER GIVE THEM BASTARDS BUSINESS EVER AGAIN =)

toke@smoke420 said:
haha i hear snuggles my bro in laws dad is a ex pig i hate him and he know it too i dont even like the brother in law... but what am i gonna do.. i know if you rent sometimes you cant refuse their service theyll say lanlord say so but if you own you should be able to tell them to buzz off and your gass is fine... im glad my tank is outside.. stay safe
That's what I would do. If some sketchy people like that came knocking at my door with no warning I would tell them to get lost.

You have rights, all you have to do is exercise them.

I know i have had it with them too as of late..poor service and then I find out they contribute to the drug war LOL, they shell out money to the antis so maybe it is time to switch.

yeah im switching to verizon as soon as possible i wonder if they do the same thing though? ya know

This is why I use DirecTV and install it myself. Besides the obvious of not wanting strange dudes poking around in my yard and house, I have 95 HD chanells, cable can not even come close to that. Eyecandy for the evenings.

I worked as a cable installer for a while myself. Yer told to look out for anything suspicious, as in cable theft. I can tell you that most cable guys don't get paid enough to care about whatever someones doing in their home. I've seen things in houses you'd think I made up. What they DO get paid for is reporting cable theft, such as an illegal hook-up from a neighbor pole, too many lines to one property, security collars on the cable damaged or removed etc. Most of that gets the cable guys anywhere from $5 to $50 bucks per incident so they keep thier eyes open for the chance at some exra scratch, as they get paid very little as far as hooking people up so they need to work fast and get on the next to really make any money.
Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT defending the cable COMPANY, 'cause basically at the corp level they're all corrupt. But like the man said, the guys who actualy do the cable work could care less about the inside of yer house unless you want cable somewhere. Personally I enjoyed NOT having to go into peoples houses when I could avoid it, like most guys I worked with, it was both less hassle and also safer. You never know when yer goin in to THAT house, if you know what I mean.

Dang, that sucks.I was just thinking of switching to Comcast because Verizon is such a PITA.
I will really consider it now-Thanks!!

Gb

Latest posts

Back