Blue Haze and NL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iiii

Germination in paper towels. Distilled H2O ONLY throughout entire grow.
Once beans have popped, I plant them directly into 1 gallon containers filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Organic soil (at approximately .5 to .75 inch deep). Cover with clear plastic wrap (like Suran Wrap) and place in growspace with T5 Flouro overhead about 2-3 inches above pot until seedling breaks through. I remove the plastic wrap and keep light no more than 4 inches from tops of plants for first 3 weeks of vegetative stage.
3 weeks in 1 gallon pots - first two weeks: nothing but H20, starting third week of Veg: EVERY OTHER FEEDING - Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Earth Juice Grow (at mild doses less than recommended by manufacturer). Cycles that are H2O only get Sweet from Botanicare at recommended dosages.
End of week 3: transplant into 2 or 3 gallon pots (depending on personal preference ) and remove lower branches with small growth and introduce CFLs on opposite sides to promote denser lower buds.
Up to this point lighting has been T5 Fluorescents from SunLeaves ONLY. At this point, I will introduce 430W HPS Son Agro from Phillips directly overhead, CFLs on sides only for remainder of grow. One week with HPS @ 24 hrs of light.
End of week 4: 24 hrs of complete darkness, then introduce a 12/12 period.
Beginning of Flower Cycle: Every other feeding - Earth Juice Bloom and Fox Farm Tiger Bloom with Molasses, coupled with H2O and Sweet on non-amendment feedings.
ABOUT 1 month in flower: cut dosages in half slowly and STOP USING Tiger Bloom completely. Begin mixing Molasses with Sweet (instead of mixing it with amendments).
Last 2-3 weeks of flower: NO MORE NUTES!!!!! Molasses (every other watering) and Sweet (EVERY watering) only from this point forward.
1 week before harvest: flush with distilled water approximately twice the grow container size. For example: 3 gallon pots, flush with 5-6 gallons of water. (Do this slowly so you do not expose the root system of the plants.)
Only water and Sweet for last week, no more molasses.
Stop watering completely about 3-5 days before harvest. This helps expedite the drying process by limiting the amount of moisture trapped in the manicured foliage.
Harvest, dry, and cure.
ENJOY YOUR BOUNTY!!!!

The following pix are DAY 1 of flower. Bright green growth plants (2) are Blue Haze (two in back) and darker one is Northern Lights....
PIC 1: all three, PIC 2: NL, PICS 3,4,5: Blues

1.JPG

Aurora B.JPG

Austr. Bl.JPG

Austr. Blue.JPG

Australian Blue.JPG

Are the pictures of your plants today? It wasn't clear where you were in your grow because you described the entire life cycle :). They look lush and green. Not too different from how i grow, but a little different ;)

iii, those look great! It look like you know what you're doing.

at mild doses less than recommended by manufacturer).

That's really funny you should mention that. Although I use different nutrients all together, I use far less then recommended by the manufacturer. Actually, I use about 50% less then the recommended amount of the American Hydroponic three part mix solution (old school) and my babies come out looking great. When I try to go the recommended route I burn the crap out of the ladies. I spend more time flushing then treating with nutrients.

I have to agree that all of your ladies are looking very healthy overall.

JBonez said:
and move the lights closer to your plants.
Closer? Seriously? How close?

GMCORP said:
Are the pictures of your plants today? It wasn't clear where you were in your grow because you described the entire life cycle :). They look lush and green. Not too different from how i grow, but a little different ;)
Sorry. I follow the same regiment every grow, so I just posted the entire process. My bad....:eek:
Pics are from yesterday. About a month into Veg, Day 1 of flower. Today is day 2.

Vegs said:
That's really funny you should mention that. Although I use different nutrients all together, I use far less then recommended by the manufacturer. Actually, I use about 50% less then the recommended amount of the American Hydroponic three part mix solution (old school) and my babies come out looking great. When I try to go the recommended route I burn the crap out of the ladies. I spend more time flushing then treating with nutrients.
Yeah man,I've tried all method of ammendment distribution, from full strength to 1/20th the recommended dosage. You are right IMHO: about 50 - 70% strength (depending on strain) is perfect.

Also: all three plants sexed in 24 hrs. One Blue Haze and the NL are female. One BH male. Oh well. A small grow this time with only two ladies.
Haze takes 11-12 weeks indoor to flower, NL 8-9.....

Sorry, I meant General Hydroponics...

Day 3 of flower: Rechecked the sexes this morning. 2 female, 1 male. So, I pulled the male, and lowered the 430W HPS a little closer tp the two remaining girls. Thanks, everyone for your interest and support.

lookin' happy 'n healthy iiii.. :D

iiii said:
Day 3 of flower: Rechecked the sexes this morning. 2 female, 1 male. So, I pulled the male, and lowered the 430W HPS a little closer tp the two remaining girls. Thanks, everyone for your interest and support.

So, which one was male? Did you have to toss one of the Blues, or was it the Northern Lights?

are you serious? they showed sex in one 12/12 cycle? with 4 weeks veg? not doubting you, but this is a new one on me. never heard of any plant showing thier bits in one day. the earliest i've ever determined sex was 5 days, and that was once, and on one plant. what are your temps, and rh at? looking good iiii. keep up the good work...bb...

banjobuzz said:
are you serious? they showed sex in one 12/12 cycle? with 4 weeks veg? not doubting you, but this is a new one on me. never heard of any plant showing thier bits in one day. the earliest i've ever determined sex was 5 days, and that was once, and on one plant. what are your temps, and rh at? looking good iiii. keep up the good work...bb...

OK: one question at a time....

Sex: at the end of my 4 week Veg cycle, I give the girls 24 hrs of COMPLETE darkness, then start the 12/12 cycle. This, too, is a first for me. After the 24 hr dark period, by the end of the second day, all three had sexed. I gave the male an extra day just to be sure.....:hubba:
Temps: day - 72.3F night - 66.4F
Humidity: 24% steady
pH: about 6.3 - 7.2 (honestly? haven't checked my ph on this grow since they were seedlings. I VERY rarely test for pH Levels due to the fact that I use the same regiments on EVERY grow. All listed above.)
THANK YOU, Banjo

Slartibartfast said:
So, which one was male? Did you have to toss one of the Blues, or was it the Northern Lights?

The NL was Female and ONE of the Blue Haze was male, one female. So, I ended up with a girl of each: one Blue Haze, one Northern Lights...:hubba:

have you ever cloned? are you going to take clones off from these females?
keep 'em green...bb...

banjobuzz said:
have you ever cloned? are you going to take clones off from these females?
keep 'em green...bb...

No. I have never attempted cloning, and did not plan on trying so on this grow. My knowledge is very limited (as are my funds till after XMas!!!!) about cloning, but am VERY interested. Would I need a seperate grow space to propigate and Veg in? If you can help me learn, I am willing to try anything to improve my grows.... TY!!!

Truth is, I'm kinda nervous about cloning. All my cohorts that grow for personal use, like myself, have had bad experiences attempting the cloning process. The local Gas Pipe has a set up for 50 dollars that (the guy claims) comes with everything I would need. He has some tomatoe clones he started with the same kit that are FRIGGIN HUGE with MASSIVE root development. Comes with a tray, 100 grow plugs, dome, um, too stoned to really recall fully..... Again, the cat working there (that I have bought countless paraphenalia from) swears it's all I need. (Gels not included, btw. He said he dipped his cuttings directly in his hydro res. Thought I might try something similar with the grow/blume mix I use at Foliare Feeding strength....???) Anyway, I really want to clone. I imagine it saves quite a bit of time and money in the long run. Feedback PLEASE from all and any... BB?

Latest posts

Back