Blue Haze and NL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cloning is certainly nothing to be 'nervous' about. It really is "too" simple. There's a step-bt-step tutorial on the resource page for soil, and a DIY tutorial for a simple hydro setup in the DIY section.
Giitter dun....

And, having said that, I suppose it is time for me to start putting together what I need to clone next grow. Thanks, Hick. The time is come.............

I think you'll find that strain is going to be worth hanging on to.

As Hick said, cloning isn't a mysterious art.

If you took 10-20 cuts off the plant and just chucked them in a glass of water chances are a few of them would clone.

You can significantly raise the odds of success by following a few simple methods.

Main thing is to try and keep all your tools and surfaces as clean as possible.

Rubbing alcohol will kill most things.

A bottle of h2o2 would come in very handy.

Rapid rooters or clonex + rockwool cubes and something to retain moisture is about all you need in addition to flouro lighting.

Leave 4 lower branches on your ladies above after you harvest and throw them both under a couple of CFL's or cool white flouros.

you can then veg the mother plant in this setup and strike your clones and place in an ordinary humidy dome from your local hardware or nursery and leave em be.

Constant relatively high humidity will improve your strike rate.

I prefer 18/6 light cycle for cloning.

If I can do it anyone can, I have a habit of killing tomato plants!

OK. Thank You, SJ. Here is my question, then. These plants were grown from seed. Mail Order. Should I just start another plant(s) from seed, and clone that soully as a mother, or should I try and re-Veg these two after harvest (KNOWING thet're both female), leaving the lowermost set of growth to clone from?

Go to the cloning section of this sight and read on but do it quick if im reading right your in your flower cycle I think.Ifindits harder to take clones from flowering plants.Take em from the bottom also better chance of survival they say.Good luck

METALMOVER420 said:
Go to the cloning section of this sight and read on but do it quick if im reading right your in your flower cycle I think.Ifindits harder to take clones from flowering plants.Take em from the bottom also better chance of survival they say.Good luck

Thanks. From what I have read, I can take cuttings from the bottom branches up to two weeks into flower. Friday will be one week in, and they are just now starting to stretch a little and shoot pistils all up and down the maristem. I think I will be fine time wise, and I usually trim about two weeks into flower anyway (with no ill affects), so they were gonna get trimmed one way or another. THIS way, I might have a few of the 4 clones I will take live, and get lucky.....:hubba: We shall see.

Well ,here are the girls at the end of week one of flower, Also, pix of the clones I took. 2 each. Thanks for everyone encouragement on cloning......

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

....and looking REALLY good. I'm optimistic all of a sudden....Thanks to MassProducer and Hick!!!:cool:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

iiii said:
Thanks. From what I have read, I can take cuttings from the bottom branches up to two weeks into flower.

I've cloned an almost fully developed bud; I snapped it off accidentally so just thought what the heck. For shi ts and giggles let's see if it will strike.

Sure enough damn thing took and revegged like it was posessed.

smokingjoe said:
I've cloned an almost fully developed bud; I snapped it off accidentally so just thought what the heck. For shi ts and giggles let's see if it will strike.

Sure enough damn thing took and revegged like it was posessed.

My last grow, I had a HUGE bagseed Sativa that went Hermie at about week 7 of flower. The worst of the seed clusters was on the lower 4 sets of branching. I cut ALL 4 setts completely off, and it neither stunted/shocked the plant, nor seemed to effect the last two weeks of flower AT ALL. I agree with you, SJ, if hacking a fifth of a plant off at 7 weeks Flower didn't have adverse reaction, I seriously doubt I would do much damage taking lower growth at only ONE week into Flower with NO bud development, yet.... Time shall tell....

Added 1/4 TSP SuperThrive to the H2O chamber of cloner this evening. Took 3 clones off my brothers Celtic Hash plant, also.

001.JPG

Latest posts

Back