Bummer starting over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
Well I had to start over. My wonderful so graceful mutt knocked over all my pots and decided it was gonna be fun to play in the dirt. I named him Klutz for all the rite reasons. There was dirt from end to end in my house and all over his paws. So yea we had a talk and I think were now understanding eachother, I actually think he was jealous that Ive been spending time in my grow room so much.
Any way these seedlings are 4 days old. I am using foxfarm soil, with a 250w mh light and will be installing a 250w hps bulb soon. As you can see from the pics I have the plants about 6in away from the glass in my light hood. The temps stay at about 75 to 77. Im using AN's sensigrow a+b for now. Seem to be loving it.

000_1418.jpg

000_1420.jpg

000_1421.jpg

000_1422.jpg

000_1423.jpg

000_1424.jpg

000_1425.jpg

000_1426.jpg

000_1427.jpg

000_1430.jpg

Damn mang that's what i would call a real bummer. Time to put a lock on the door i guess. ;) Anyway here's some GREEN MOJO for your new little one's. Keep that damn dog out of your room and give him one of these. :rant:

yeah, at least you weren't far along.

it would have been a lot worse if you were 3 months into the grow when he decided to do this. but yet still sucks to see good kind bud go to waste. I wish ya luck on your next grow, and let it be a lesson not to trust anyone... even your dog.

good x's and great highs!

Yes I will be putting some sort of dog proof door in my room. He was suppose to be protecting my stuff but I guess not. Im so glad I was only a couple weeks in instead of a couple months. Thanks for the green mojo. I cannot wait for these babies to grow and get big. Do you guys think they look healthy or maybe a little yellow?

Sorry to hear about the dog and its antics ... looks like you're off to a good start again though. Good luck

Man oh man. I feel your pain as I have had run ins with dogs... One time eating 10 LR seedlings!:eek: Anyways... Good luck on this next run!

Good luck this time, terrible business with the dog:(.

sorry to hear about the bad luck....i'm now thankful my dog's never given me any problems with my plants other than wanting to eat the trim at harvest time....good luck with the new ones....

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. It wasnt that big of a deal now I get to start my new seeds I got not to long ago. Some Orange Velvet. We'll see how things go now. I dont think I will be having dog problems now I bought another one for him to play with so he has a buddy now, or maybe I just doubled the trouble. They can longer go in my area now I beefed my security up a little bit. I went to a local science and surplus store and got this alarm thing that came in a kit and now every time the dog passes a certain point he gets a scary screachy horn that he hates. And I put some masterlocks on the door.
On a more serious note I do have a question. My grow space is alot taller rather then deep. I know I can grow upwards all I want, but will my colas get bigger and taller if I grow them taller or would it just depend on light and strain? Ill be growing in 5 gallon buckets and have about 12 feet height wise if needed. This is whats cool I can close off the top wherever I want in my closet or I can leave all 12 feet up just open. I dont wanna grow 12ft plants but I seen some colas that are as big as my thigh and thats my goal. Do you think its realastic or shall I go back to the drawing board? Any input from ya'll is greatly appreciated.

Well hello everybody hows it going? Heres just a minor update. Things seem to be going ok here at the moment. I believe Im on day 8 of veg now. I have seen a huge amount of growth from all the plants and they keep going. Day by day I can see a little growth in them. They seem to be loving their light and their food. No more dogs in the grow room now since they cant seem to keep their gubby lil paws off of stuff.
With all my grows I have been very very fortunate to only have 2 males and that was my first grow. The last few grows Ive been lucky and no males (knock on wood). I didnt want to tell anybody that because either someone wouldnt believe me, or Id ruin my luck lol. So keepin my fingers crossed.
I think Im gonna veg them out for about 6 or 7 weeks and finish them out in 5gallon buckets. See how tall I can get these girls. See how fat I can get their colas:D . I have about 12ft up so Im gonna try to use it to my advantage, hopefully. Last picture is my nute line up well what I could fit in the pic.
Well thats it for now until next time. So what do you guys think so far, looking good??? Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated, thanx for taking the time and looking.

underthelight.jpg

all6babies.jpg

plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

plant3.jpg

plant4.jpg

plant5.jpg

plant6.jpg

000_1435.jpg

Bad Dog!!!
Plants look good.
Why not grow from clones, so much faster and no more male worries?

Either way good luck on the female ratio.

Just a local strain that was given to me from a friend who had seeds from his last grow. We call it Royal, its very couchlock alike. Great high, sweet piney taste. But these werent from a bag he grew his last crop for just one reason, to get seeds. He had to shut down for awhile because he was moving but alot of people love this strain so he wanted to try to at least keep the genetics going by seed. I dont really know if that makes much of a difference but just what he told me.

Homemadegravity said:
graceful mutt knocked over all my pots and decided it was gonna be fun to play in the dirt.

I didn't do it I swear. :p
Your plants are lookin great :aok:

I need to get one of those humidity/temp. things. LOL I keep forgetting.

BTW, BAD BAD DOG... GO TO YOUR HOUSE!

I am sorry to hear the bad news. I am also glad to hear the good news about your new grow and give you all of the luck I can as an Irish man. I wish you well!:cool:

Mutts can be a pain some times......J/K Mutt;)

Hey everybody. This is gonna be my last post in this thread for awhile but I just wanted to share these pics. I have seen a tremendous amount of growth in the past few days and compared to my last photos. What do you guys think? Ive never had seedlings grow this fast on me before. Im pretty sure they are about 12-14 days now. Cant wait till I can put my 1000w hps on them. I wanted to try feeding them early see if I could do it without killing them just to see if it would make any difference. I think it did, they seem to love the nutes Ive been giving them. Ive got a 250w hps and a 250mh on them rite now bout 8-9in away and they seem to be loving that to. Im very happy so far with these results. So in about a month I will update with pics.
Pic number 5 and the last one is the runt of the grow. Its filling out nicely just very short compared to the others.

000_1469.jpg

000_1472.jpg

000_1474.jpg

000_1476.jpg

000_1477.jpg

000_1478.jpg

000_1479.jpg

000_1481.jpg

Ok I lied Id like to top 3 of the 6 plants I just wanna know when to top?

Well I think Im almost a month now. These seeds popped on 9-19. Kind of a slow start for me but in the last few days Ive seen some awesome growth. The weathers been nice here so I put my plants outside for the last couple days and they seem to love it, alot. I think they just needed some fresh air. I could see an improvement over night. I topped one plant just to see how it goes which you can see in the pics, I just topped yesterday. I decided to put them under my 1000w light which sits about 12-15in above my plants. They seemed to have slowed down in the vertical growth but as you can see in the pics the growth in between nodes kicked in a great deal and now they are just getting bushy. I was planning on flowering on the 25th, do you guys think they could be flowered now? Or are they to young yet? Not that I would flower them now I am more just curious if I could or not?
What do you guys think? Any comments or suggestions?

000_1542.jpg

000_1557.jpg

000_1545.jpg

000_1546.jpg

000_1547.jpg

000_1554.jpg

000_1549.jpg

000_1553.jpg

000_1552.jpg

000_1548.jpg

000_1558.jpg

000_1559.jpg