Can anyone tell me why my plants look like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowlyburn

Reaction score
I cant figure out what my plants are lacking... Is this nute burn or a deficiency??? The lower leaves are getting discolored and a little crispy... I didn't have this problem on the last grow at all and I am doing the EXACT same things I did before...

I hope you can shed some light on this for me! Thanks MP...

IMAG0712 (1200 x 718).jpg

IMAG0713 (1200 x 718).jpg

IMAG0714 (1200 x 718).jpg

IMAG0715 (1200 x 718).jpg

Underfed, would be my thought....but I am very new to this. Underfed could be from nute lock-out or just not feeding enough...but that's what it looks like to me.

And :ciao: Slowly

That appears to be either a PH issue or a nute lockout. What kind of soil are you in? how often and how much watering and feeding? what nutes? What temps and humidity in room? Do you check the PH of soil or water/nute solution that you give? How old are these? The answers to these questions will most likely tell us what's happening.

That doesn't look like nute burn to me as nute burn usually shows along the tips and edges of leaves, along with dark, claw-shaped leaves. That looks like an extended deficiency that is being caused by something else.

I am using the same MG potting soil I used last time. During veg last time I used no ferts and my plants were so green and healthy. This time they look like this. I just started (1 feeding) to try this "fish fertilizer" with a 5-1-1 rating. They look even worse now. I have no idea what the ph of the soil is. These plants are only about 2 weeks old from seeds. I water them when the top layer of soil gets dry with water I let sit out for the days between watering.

I figured I would just go with what I used last grow cause it worked pretty well for me...

edit... Temps are about 75 and I can tell you the humidity tomorrow.

Roddy said:
I am using the same MG potting soil I used last time.

I'd bet this is the problem.

I know I have read a million times about soil to use and not to use but I just figured it worked well for me last time so why not just buy more cause its so readily available... lol

You need to flush that soil with 2-3 gallons of water. Plants grown from seed should not be fed nutes for the first 2 weeks. Having them grow in very rich soil(which MG soil is very hot) will cause all kinds of problems, unless you really are experienced at growing in soil and understand soil nutrients very well. The problem is the time release of the nutrients can cause swings in nute levels and can cause the PH to get off, cause nute lockout. If you really want to use MG soil, it is best to get the nonnuted kind and create a root ball area of non nuted soil, then transplant into the nuted soil after a couple weeks and allow the roots to grow into that soil in search of nutes.

You shouldn't have to add any nutes to MG soil for the first 4-6 weeks(after transplanting into the nuted soil). You most likely have caused a nute toxicity with all the chemicals in the soil and the plant is freaking out. Flush it with fresh clean water, 3 times the amount of the soil that you have(for 1gal container use 3gal water)poured slowly into and through the pot, and let the runoff go into the yard.

After you have flushed it, let it sit for several days to dry out before adding anymore water.

Are your buckets draining out the bottom properly?

Hushpuppy said:
You need to flush that soil with 2-3 gallons of water. Plants grown from seed should not be fed nutes for the first 2 weeks. Having them grow in very rich soil(which MG soil is very hot) will cause all kinds of problems, unless you really are experienced at growing in soil and understand soil nutrients very well. The problem is the time release of the nutrients can cause swings in nute levels and can cause the PH to get off, cause nute lockout. If you really want to use MG soil, it is best to get the nonnuted kind and create a root ball area of non nuted soil, then transplant into the nuted soil after a couple weeks and allow the roots to grow into that soil in search of nutes.

You shouldn't have to add any nutes to MG soil for the first 4-6 weeks(after transplanting into the nuted soil). You most likely have caused a nute toxicity with all the chemicals in the soil and the plant is freaking out. Flush it with fresh clean water, 3 times the amount of the soil that you have(for 1gal container use 3gal water)poured slowly into and through the pot, and let the runoff go into the yard.

After you have flushed it, let it sit for several days to dry out before adding anymore water.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

OK... Plants are flushed with 3 gal each... That took about 3 hours... I wasn't expecting that kind of time... lol... I hope this will fix my little hiccup. Thanks for the replies!

Wait, so it took 3 hours to flush with 3 gallons??? Is it not draining?

And I would continue to flush until new healthy growth appears

I have 10 plants... Each bucket is 1 gal with 9 quarter inch holes drilled in the bottom... I could only do 2 at a time...

The plants look 100% better today... They are all perked up and seem to be getting greener by the hour... I owe you guys! Thanks for great advise...

Are you saying that you only germinated those seeds 2 weeks ago and they grew that much in just 2 weeks?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Are you saying that you only germinated those seeds 2 weeks ago and they grew that much in just 2 weeks?

No... I looked at my calender last night... Yesterday was the start of week 4 from seed...

Latest posts

Back