Can I change between Floros and HPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecake

Reaction score
Hi People,

Sometimes I need to shut door ;) and heat gets super hith HPS :-| Can I change to floros a few days? Of course lumens not so much but if there is light is that cool. ;) ?

Thanks

I think you will get bigger buds with the HPS full time. I would try to find a way to vent the hot air out. JMO. good luck either way.

Spacecake, yes you can put in the fluorescent lights and switch back and forth if you want.

Yeah you can, but i would try and fix your heat problem ASAP.... Maybe grab some vortex fans and a cool hood. Or run your ac to that room, or figure something out..

I am pretty much for trying to keep flowering plants as stress free as possible. I am not sure that going from HPS to fluoros won't stress them. You need to figure out what you need to do to control the heat.

What size HPS are you running and how large is your space?

Heat can be an issue for sure, but I would do everything possible to keep it cool with the fans.

Thanks ...

this was just a temp thing I figured its only for 24 hours ;) otherwise I have a 260cfm channel fan......I agree about the stress but can also be a good thing at the end I think....

Thanks people ;)

by switching the lights you cause your plants to slow down and speed up growth and at the end of the day your. more then likey to have a lower harvest then you would if you left your hps on. find away to battle the heat and stick with what works best for you and your grow.

how old is that plants? I do have 2 month old baby under the hps 1000w
while others is full matures.... I just want to test how that baby doing under the HPS... the way I see baby plant isn't happy with the "red light" leaves has been stay yellow for long time since their growth...
I knew I can take that plant and put under the T5 and it will turn green
which is unstress to the plant!! as HPS does stress the baby plant... I ll post pic of that plant, I has been discreet with this one.. just to see it for myself... now plant talked the walk...

Latest posts

Back