Can i get some help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Sir Smokes Alot_

Yup, thas some gud budddd
Reaction score
So here are 5 pictures of my 7 girls:watchplant:. I just started my first week of flower, the tallest plant is around a half meter tall, the others are getting close. They all have shown signs of sex:giggle:, but for some reason as the days pass they get dried leaves at first, then the crinkle, and start turning diff colors:huh:. Now this just started, a few other plants had the same prob but i got them under control, it seems once they reach a certain height maybe? Idk but They still have the dry brown leaves...some are light green and dry too. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to get them healthy again? Yes i try to water them every day, I leave a pan of water under each dry plant. Every now and again i'll add a few nutes. Sometimes a good spray down with nutes. Wen they first started growing they all looked great, and as time passes they get worse. I really need some advice on this, what nutes i should be using or whatever idk anymore. Nothing has worked. The new growth seems nice...but with a 12/12 schedule they don't grow much. Let me know what u all think, thanks a bunch:48: Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

check your ph.! nitrogen breaks down over time and causes soil to be come more acidic (low ph) use dolomite lime to neutralize your ph if it is below 6.5

also what are your temps, lights etc.? looks like you are over-nuting a little too...

okay..maybe im just High..But it looks to me like you have some serious issues my friend..First..when posting for help please help us help you..what is the PH? the temps? lights on lights off? what lights? what is the temps at the soil levle as to the top?..thanks for the pics..and hate to bring it up..but how are you battleing the Mites?..Them and a fungus in your soil is where I would start..good luck. Take care and be Safe:bolt::bong:

sorry to sound like a jirk..but also if you have a GJ it is nice to add it to your signiture so we can go see you grow that is where i start to look..not this question..if i cant get there easy my friend..i wont go....you understand..yes?

Yes answer the above questions please also your humidity level, to me it looks like you're either over watering or the humidity is too low or high, what are your day time temps, night time temps, do you have air circalation ( sp ) in the room, ph level, what's the strain, when was your last nuteing and how much of what did you use?

that fourth pic looks like nute burn?

sounds liek over watering. your watering these things everyday already? Maybe i just have larger buckets and more dirt but i would still think it should take atleast two days to dry a pot out completely for re watering.
these plants love it dry man. its weird to get that concept down. but once you do you will be a believer for sure.
i know this from personal experience.
But once i learned how to properly water using the wet dry cycle my plants have taken off with little problems.

Well i don't have a grow journal=( but my temps are around 70-80. I have a nice big fan blowing on them too to keep them cool and the air circulating. On some of the plants i did notice a fungus forming at the top but i thought i destroyed it? It smells like dirt in the room too so it could easily be that. I did flush out the 2 plants that had the growth. My ph is well,,, it is hard to say, u all said not to trust the soil ph testers...but it said for all around 6.9-6.0. I believe that is well no? Also I have a 400w hps light.
If there is any more u need ask me, cause i really need some help. I don't want these plants to die.

Well i leave little trays of water under each pot? How do u recomend i should water them? I was never introduced to a wet dry cycle.

Yes a bit more information, how close is your HPS to your plants, what were you using before the hps, if it was dramatically lower in Watts they could be stressed from the light.
it sounds like it could be the fungus, did you get the fungus clearly identified or is it just some random fungi. If so you could have root rot, I would repot with new soil if you can, and maybe wash off the roots in a dark room very carefully.
They also really look overwatered, maybe let them dry out for a day or two. I don't like to use self watering techniques because they can cause problems if not looked after alot which kind of defeats the purpose, stick your finger half an inch into the soil if its dry give them a water if its still wet water them the next day, I give my girls a big drink right in the morning every 2-4 days.

And the soil i used was suposed to feed the plants up to 3 months?? Idk if it really does...and i also have added blood and bone meal awhile ago now if that would be any reason? Umm...what else, i spray them with water or water/nutes almost everyday.

Alright thank u iclown, I am 'REALLY' nervous about repoting these large plants. this is my first grow n i have never repoted before. How should i do it? And washing roots? And i had a 400w mh light. same ballast and reflector. And i'm not familiar with any fungus, it was white hairs on the surface is about all i can describe

If you had lots of nutes in the soil and you are giving them more nutes it could be over nuted. Also your temps seem very high, I'm not sure if thats the issue though.

EDIT: Well first you get your new pot ready, full of dirt and a big hole to stick the plant in, water both the plant and the new pot's dirt then carefully dig out the plants roots be careful not to cut or damage any of the roots, don't put any direct light on the roots as this can stunt growth, wash off or put the roots in a bucket of water and the dirt should wash off, then place in the new pot put lots of dirt around the stem not too tight not too loose and put dirt as high as you like up the stem to keep it nice and sturdy, I'm going to bed for the night so PM me with any questions you have but I think this sites got tons of good guides that can help you more then me, try the search bar for Repotting or Transplanting.

Another EDIT: Don't be nervous, I didn't know what I was doing my first time and even I didn't kill my plants, MJ is a strong weed, give it a chance and help it out a little and it'll pay you back kindly.

Last EDIT: It really sounds like over nuteing and over watering, plants should only have nutes every week or every 2 weeks and always follow the doses exactly.

Check this out. I use this and it works great for me. Yes if you can stick your finger halfway in the dirt and its really dry then they need some water. Buts you need to let it get to this point before you water. The soil should never remain moist to the touch. There should be some sort of drying out process. Check out this sticky and it will explain it more.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33242

Ok stop right there sir Smokes A Lot!

Sorry bro,you've been overwatering and overfeeding your girls so remove the water dish from under them as thats bad practice I'm afraid as cannabis likes water but in a well aerated medium so if your plants are sitting in a dish of water all the time you'll soon run into problems.

You must have a good wet and dry cycle by which you water your girls till you get runoff out the bottom of the pot but you don't let that runoff sit in a puddle like you have been doing ok?

And then you don't water again till about 80% of the water previously given is used up.Pick up the pots,heft 'em in your hand,always do this and estimating the amount of water in the pot becomes second nature.

Do not feed anymore at present as nutes given havent been used as your girls have been choking on excess water,drowning a bit.

I'd repot now and don't worry about this Sir Smokes,easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Just prepare the bigger pots with compost and take a plant,hold it upside won in one hand with the main stem between your fingers as per the pic I've just done for you as I'm such a nice fellow ha ha:)and tap the pot bottom and the rootmass will pop out straight into your hand safely.

Place in new pot,add compost,tamp down et voila!:p

And stop spraying your girls with nutes as its not needed and doesnt happen in nature.

Do you have extract ventilation mate?

DSC_0016.JPG

Ok also, How should i add my nutes then rockster? Or ne one else who is listenin in?

Don't give it any nutes for a while- let it acclimate to its new home, especially if you are continuing to use "feeds up to 3 months" soil- which at this point is probably not a good idea.

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Ok also, How should i add my nutes then rockster? Or ne one else who is listenin in?

in your normal watering water ,,,start by adding a 1/4 strength dose and build it up as needed ,,,,
but i would flush them ladies throughly before starting on nutes again ,,,

iClown said:
plants should only have nutes every week or every 2 weeks and always follow the doses exactly.

sorry i disagree i feed my ladies with full strength nutes (biobloom and biogrow) every watering till the time to stop before harvest ,,,although many do go for everyother watering ,,,,goodluck and hope you turn them around ,,,
:48:

yes he is,,and i thaught i was over polite:aok: remember my friend that soil has time release nutes for 3 months..so everytime you add water to the soil you are feeding it..so to much water is over feeding ..IMO..Let that soil dry..I meen DRY...Lets get some white paint in there or some milar..something more reflective then the raw wood..just my thaughts:bolt::bong:

UKgirl420 said:
sorry i disagree i feed my ladies with full strength nutes (biobloom and biogrow) every watering till the time to stop before harvest ,,,although many do go for everyother watering ,,,,goodluck and hope you turn them around ,,,

Yes but I think we'll both agree that feeding nutes everyday isn't the smartest/safest.

Latest posts

Back