"Cheapest" Online Grow Store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybear

Reaction score
Was doing some browsing on the web and wanted to know if anyone here had any sites they'd like to suggest. I'm personally looking for an HPS system, but any help in the right direction would be appreciated! (I plan on two plants going into flowering)

I got mine from inside sun they were fast and I was satisfied with my 400 hps. but also htg supply I heard was pretty good. I paid 129.00 including shipping on mine.

i agree with all of you guys.im gonna be ordering (2) 600 watt hps/mh grow light w/ euro hoods from htg next month.i also found 4hydroponics.com to be a cheap site for nutes and what not. (not with lights though)umm..i also like hhydro.com also but 4hydroponics.com has em beat on alot of different stuff.thanks for startin this thread,should be interesting.i almost think it should get a sticky if it gets large enough.

if you use HTG Supply for your light(s), you can upgrade to coolable hood(s) when you order for a cheaper discounted price, but if you decide to wait and do it later , they'll cost you considerably more. they have a whole list of upgrades, from bulbs, to hoods, to set-ups with timers, hanger systems, etc... i messed up and got a 400w hps with a batwing reflector, and quickly realized that it was much to hot for my room, and had to get a coolable hood at full price. good luck...

lol, would it be redundant to say I've been smoking too much crop and forget I made this thread?

thx for the useful info guys. I got it all bookmarked now for later :) And OMG! HTG Supply has a retail store in Pittsburgh? Awesome! I used to live there!
and coolable hoods? Never heard of them, are they just hoods with vents in them that allow air passage from like a fan? (checked, its true! some expensive as $180 just for some fancy aluminum with holes, damn)

and also, I found a great, cheap site for all your scaling needs: www.saveonscales.com
i really like this one: http://www.saveonscales.com/product_proscale_cc_series.html
its bout the size of a credit card, very sleek, has an awesome sliding hatch that doubles as a weighing tray, other drool worthy specs and best of all, you can get it for as cheap as 20 bucks while the sale lasts (only 25 bucks regular)

an interesting article on why you should calibrate instruments: http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/techinfo.asp?htmlfile=fluke_whycalibrate.htm&ID=296
and I was just wondering from the average joe, why do I need calibrate my stuff? arent i "calibrating" everytime i tare the thing? well i bought the damn calibration weight anyway as I've just placed my order for this scale, the more accurate 150 model for 36 bucks all together while on sale. ill let you all know how amazing it really is

I was afraid of buying those cheaper lights online. Have you guys been happy with what you got? I paid around $400 for my 400 watt system, I feel like I coulda got just as good for a lot cheaper now. The guy at the hydro store told me the cheap online stuff was inferior and I believed him. Am I a sucker?

Awesome prices

Hydrowholesale.com

I did the Ebay thing.. And got a 400 watt HPS system for 99 bucks and order a 400 watt MH conversion bulb for 29 bucks then the shipping cost wasn't much..
I am Satified..

I buy a lot of stuff off E-Bay--everything from lights to nutes to meters.

Also, IMHO, you would be better off spending your money on growing supplies and not worrying about buying a scale.

well im at least a month or two away from flower stage lighting and i have everything i need for a soil grow. maybe an extra light when my plants get a little bigger in the veg stage. i just need a scale because its handy to have on hand when u need it

Latest posts

Back