Chefy! & good cooks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend is gluten free. She and I met up the other day at Taco Cabana so she could eat. I looked around on the web and came up with this site that mentions eating out gluten free..... might help give you some ideas of options outside the box.
dfwceliac.org/html/restaurants.html

Hi Spirit. If you soak whole almonds in water overnight they are much easier to digest and get nutrients from. It's a very healthy snack. 6 almonds = a meal portion of protien! Be sure to squeeze off the woody brown peel when you soak them.
Iceburg lettuce has little nutrition and it's usually soaked with chemicals so no loss if you can't eat it. A lot of "food" alergies are from the chemicals food is treated with. By the way.... An allergy to the nightshade family of vegetables (tomatos, potatoes, eggplant and all peppers - sweet and hot, mimics rheumatoid arthritis! I found this out the hard way. After 2 years without them I was able to eat them again without problems. Food allergies go away as easy as they are developed. Moderation and variety!! Gluten free foods can be very tasty. Amaranth pasta is good, so many gluten free products now. Big problem is they are not cheap. I hope they give you answers soon.

Wow! GREAT Ideas! I knew I could count on all of you! My "spirit" lead me to this site I know it did! LF That's what I need the most,.. Your prayers,.. don't want to push any buttons here,... But, I will take those! Thank-You and I was feelin Many of you yesterday! My Prince Charming and I Thank-You all! I'm takin Note here,...Amaranth pasta "gluetin free WHEAT tortillias,.... I'm gonna look! Thanks for helping me with the "Families of food too" S*&! gotta run be back in a bit! THANKS KIDS! BE BACK TONIGHT!

Lots of people stopped by yesterday,..:holysheep: . just visitin,..n one friend came to clean my house!;) That was really nice! See the night shade family info helps me a bunch! TWO YEARS!:eek: two years for you to drop the allergy! what did you eat instead?! I tried to go the mexican route as soon as I heard the word celiac!,... I'm NOT celiac though! Although I am allergic to gluetin all tests (22 biopsies) neg. for celiac!:confused: I ate corn tortillias beans and chips,...green chilli mmmmm :D then he ran the blood allergy! Corn corn glueten BEANS! all came up allergic! :confused: I miss my food! I love food! the only eating disorder I suffer from is a passion for food,.. and they've taken it all away.:cry: Again I sure appreciate all the good thoughts here!
LF I'm sure I'll see you around the board here as I notice we seem to follow alot of the same threads!;) Yall take care gotta run to the dispencary this am,... sure wish they delivered:) ,..... Clearly,....Crystal

well spirit I hope we helped if not atleast we can be supportive of our sista while she is going through this!

Buffalo wings! Take your wings and place them on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. I like to add spices at this point. Today were using garlic powder, pepper and no salt tony's. First bake your wings in the oven at 350 fer 20 min, you don't want them done all the way through! About med rare. This will kepp your wing juicy during the frying. The sauce: You can use any combo you wish, today i'm using a thick buffalo wing sauce combined with the ol tried and true, louisiana hot sauce. A good line will do on your butter, a whole stick will do. Then top off with the louisiana. Melt in the microwave, then stir it up till even. When your wings are crispy put a gererous portion of the sauce on the bottom of a large mixing bowl and toss. The wifey prefers her's with bacon ranch. You can choose your own or go like i dio and eat'em as is! Enjoy!

DSCI0920.JPG

DSCI0921.JPG

DSCI0922.JPG

DSCI0923.JPG

DSCI0924.JPG

DSCI0925.JPG

DSCI0926.JPG

DSCI0927.JPG

DSCI0928.JPG

Omg Chef!:hubba: Those look spectacular! I wish I could have chicken! :cry: Hey listen kids,.. I know I hadn't been back in a few days,.. You all gave me some Wonderful Ideas! I Now have COOKIES!!!!! Thank-you Thank-you thank-you,.....:shocked: Did I say Thank-you!? Seriously the almond flour! (meal) I burnt four batches ruined a cookie sheet and now,.. have the MOST spectacular Almond cookies! I made some chocolate with soy chocolate chips.... I made some like birds nests and added bits of whole almond and cashews,...Then whipped some blackberries in the blender with a little sugar and spooned that into the "nest" in the cookie,... and O M G!!!! AAHHHhhh I hear an Angel sing! :D I have "skip in my step today and feel there MAY be hope that I can grab a pound from these! :) Thank-you all so much again for your support! Doc sent three tests out two and half weeks ago,.. cdc csc and csda I think the boxes said,.... can't wait to hear some results! should know by Wed this week! I Just want a friggin diagnosis so I can understand WHAT I am fighting!:hitchair: It'l all be good now I have sweet treats and sweet new friends here! Just couldn't do it without you all! :joint: eeerrree a little "snow storm" for ya all!:eek:'

Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of *#@$.

Try the above with duck and finish with orange sauce or pesto. When you render the duck fat in the oven, pour it off into a pan and top off with lard. Fry as above and finish as desired.

Just found and read this entire thread this morning. Loved all the recipes and ideas. Printed out numerous recipes and cant wait to try them. Awesome job on presenting the buffalo wings....I had tried them at home once and they werent great but I didn't know about mixing the sauces with butter or baking them before frying. Great tips that I think will make a world of difference. Also, the pictures along with the recipe make it super simple to follow. I hope you guys keep posting recipe favorites of all kinds to share with us and I will try to post a few also. I am so hungry now and cant wait to start on some of these yummy sounding ideas. Thanks again everyone who contributed!:p

spiritlovescolorado said:
Omg Chef!:hubba: Those look spectacular! I wish I could have chicken! :cry: Hey listen kids,.. I know I hadn't been back in a few days,.. You all gave me some Wonderful Ideas! I Now have COOKIES!!!!! Thank-you Thank-you thank-you,.....:shocked: Did I say Thank-you!? Seriously the almond flour! (meal) I burnt four batches ruined a cookie sheet and now,.. have the MOST spectacular Almond cookies! I made some chocolate with soy chocolate chips.... I made some like birds nests and added bits of whole almond and cashews,...Then whipped some blackberries in the blender with a little sugar and spooned that into the "nest" in the cookie,... and O M G!!!! AAHHHhhh I hear an Angel sing! :D I have "skip in my step today and feel there MAY be hope that I can grab a pound from these! :) Thank-you all so much again for your support! Doc sent three tests out two and half weeks ago,.. cdc csc and csda I think the boxes said,.... can't wait to hear some results! should know by Wed this week! I Just want a friggin diagnosis so I can understand WHAT I am fighting!:hitchair: It'l all be good now I have sweet treats and sweet new friends here! Just couldn't do it without you all! :joint: eeerrree a little "snow storm" for ya all!:eek:'

Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of *#@$.

I am so glad the almond flour worked...bet it would make great biscoti.... I love smoothies do you ever make those? frozen fruit is awesme..

gonna post my turkey later as long as it looks good..I can smell it even with this cold I havent smelled food in a few days hmmmm..

chef those wings look great but I try not to fry anything..sometimes even though I like hot foods hot wings have too much bite for me..sometimes they dont. yours look awesome.. bet the sauce with butter is much smoother less bite..

biscoti?,... Not even sure what that is lol! I said I've been in the restaurant biz many many years,.. but I'm talking bars,pubs family style slop shops and Chillis w Poor boys biscuits and gravey,...... Biscoti???? HHhhhmmmm

can't get the link up it says can't be found dang it guess I'll have to get out the fins and surf the net for a biscotti,...ty!

here's a recipe sure to please any man...red meat and beer..:)

Bacon-Mug.jpg

Oh puff...Son of a........I gotta get me one of those!!!

Latest posts

Back