Chefy! & good cooks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legalize_freedom said:
Dang [email protected]k you...you giving out all your secret recipes??? Thanks man...I love cajun food. I haven't had crawdads since I lived in Texas, back in 94.

Nothing secret LOL. Just want to share recipes for good food. The right way for gumbo too. I hate gumbo with okra and tomatoes. I will be putting more up on my cp and out of the old notebook will post them here when I get around to it. There burning the cane fields around here and it always gives me migraines. Down for the night will try to get a bunch more done tommorrow. Mexican Cornbread Pork Chop Imperial and Spinich Casserole aren't mine. The moms got them out of magazines long time ago and I got copies. Maybe modified a little.

Cajun's are like Mexicans we both like cooking music dancing good food and drinking..LOL

very cool.
I'm definitely going to try the pork chop recipe. I like one skillet meals... thanks!

OldHippieChick said:
very cool.
I'm definitely going to try the pork chop recipe. I like one skillet meals... thanks!

Np i really like that one it is a peach gravy.

I caught that - yeah... I was thinking it could also be an orange sauce gravy with some orange marmalade and a splash of OJ.

MMMMmmmmmmm! I'm Sallavating here!
Lol,.. LF! :D Sooo proud of my roots! :cool: I Need Shawman! Apparently! better than the other side I suppose (some good ol Irish Whiskey and Some Scotch! lol) Would kill me instead of cure me! :rant: Allergic to ALL grains!
Gosh all this food is making me hungry! Hungry USUALLY isnt the issue though!:confused: It's the Food itself! HATES ME! I can't have half or two thirds of the foods in these recepies!!!! My Husbands friend,.. not "normally religious" at least verbally,.. sent email last night,.. started a prayer circle for me at noon today that we get an answer from these recent tests so We can at least know what we are dealing with!:D So I'll wait two weeks for these results! :hitchair: . I got another candy bar recepie yesterday,.... pretty much what I did with the cashews and berries,.. except they used the cocoa powder and I cheated with the organic soy chocolate chips!:bongin: Lazy! I now have a freezer full of Buffalo Roasts and Steaks and I'm getting board with it! the only spices I can think of is the garlic and onions,.. peppers... but if I eat that every dinner I will gain allergy to those too he said! UHHH :stuff-1125699181_i_ THIS IS ME TRYING TO FIND FOOD I CAN EAT! only I look FAT in this pic! :holysheep: lol No parsley sage rosemary or thyme,.. pepper (black) no mustard, horseradish,cummin, allspice,or peppermint,.....:eek: Aint it fun?!

Spirit, if you eat too much of the same thing you will become allergic to that food then??? Thats a drag! What is it that you are fighting? If you don't mind me asking, I'm sure you've said before, and I must have missed it.

wow spirit I am sooo sorry....that would be awful I went to highschool with a boy allergic to all grains and gluten I believe he ate a lot of salads and fruit...

Hey LF Thanks for asking,..(rare) They aren't sure!:confused: We can say what it isn't,..... Aides lupus,..yah dah dah I developed rickets after I was born 1964 Chicago..(born) . I wore a brace on my legs til I was 4,.. Then Mother gave me Cod liver Oil,.. legs straightenned out,... I remember the gallon of milk (after home delivery stopped) in the fridge I told Doc... Said fortified with artificail vit. D.."
So at some point Mom or Doc thought I was better! Doc now thinks they ignored the "food allergies for so long,.. I have essentially been dying a 45 year death!"
He said he thinks I developed celiac (or an allergy to wheat Gluetin) and didn't know- That's what was causing me to run down easy,.. I thought it was from raising two kids alone working 90 hours a week! :shocked: Yes,. doc said,.. if you eat any food repedditively YOU CAN develope allergy to that food!
well as I run out of options here it is starting to steam roll on me! (Gonna Cry now) :cry: Sooo Frustrated!!! I'm only 90.4 pounds (told the hubby 92,.. cause he JUST LOST DAD in October! Insurance (HURRY SIGN UP FOR GOV HEALTH CARE) :yeahthat: Will repeat all kinds of tests! twice in eight years two docs put me on 18 :eek: YES 18 months of antibiotics,.. NOT realizing it was food allergies! :doh: (headaches) blurred vission sinus issues and occ hives,...
just run down! Started this mess at 127 pounds!
I met my Prince a Year later :hubba: married and less than a year after that,.. the heart went out... (can prove I have one now got it in writing!) Dont want to take all the space here,.. but in short,.. I'm running out of options and this doc is the first in 8 years to see what is happening and I have more answers than I did,.. but they (insurance) would only test so many foods for allergies in the blood and even though it came back so many,. they wont pay for more,.:ignore: .. so I get to be the guinney pig,... and we just don't know sometimes if it is hurting me or not,.. for hours then outta nowhere I'm down for the count or in hives or sick and in "liver pain" I call it! They have said for 5 years or better (you have trace blood in your urine) but never tell me why or look into it! All pharmacuticals for sleep pain antibiotics have gluetin in them,.:**: . so I can't have them any more! That's why he gave me medical marrijuanna! and IT IS EXPENSIVE HERE!:joint: (Eeerree, some Ak wit Mountain Haze) Lab test for 99 foods is 2500! We can't even make the mortgage now! just like 10 percent of the rest of the LAND OF THE FREE,... If you wanna live in a tent beside the river in Colorado Springs! Every test and all vitamins and suppliments now are outta pocket,.. I been doin it their way for eight nine years! SOMETHINS gotta change! :rant: I bettter shut up my thoughts are going hay wire! Ill see if you got any questions before I continue ranting! Thanks again LF Sometimes you gotta becareful what you ask huh,.. might get an answer that will leave you hangin! Clearly,..... Crystal "Spirit"

look at all these wonderful cookbook spirit would any of these tempt you?

hxxp://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=gluten+free+cookbook+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=glutin+free+cookbook&_rdc=1

chang xx to tt

can u eat almond flour??

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-The-Gluten-Free-Almond-Flour-Cookbook-Amsterda_W0QQitemZ350295189003QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Nonfiction_Book?hash=item518f38660b

I went without insurance for three years as a diabetic...I was buying my strips off craigslist...I have used insulin that was a dog that died and a dead mans syringes...his wife gave them to me after he passed...it is soo hard without insurance and even with it soo expensive.

hxxp://www.glutenfreeclub.com/recipes/?utm_campaign=(roi)+recipes+(A)&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=recipes+-+gluten+free&utm_term=gluten+free+receipes

Hey 2dog! I have checked out all the "Gluetin" free stuff I THINK there is sooo much out there! Almond flour I didn't think of,.. have soy flour in cupboard not open! what do you do with it ,.... can't have Yeast,.. corn starch corn syrup corn anything for that matter,.. Apples make me nausiated my counslor thinks it is the natural sugars in some of the fruits! I've done well so far with cashews (had to back off eating to many) umm black and blue berries (fresh) romaine lettuce but no ice berg (kills me!) can't have mushrooms or cucumbers or brocolli or squash either!

I would compile a list of all the things you can eat and start making recipes from that...man sites you can enter in an item like banana and it will show recipes...our library I can request books online and go get them I would check with the library and get some gluten free cookbooks... elizabeth hasselbeck just wrote one... I bet they have grain free ones too.

walnuts are a no but almonds raw are okay it seems,..olives (green) eggs (so far) all but chicken and sometimes red meat,.. We know Chicken for sure,... The red meat has only been hurting about a month! I tried the coconut milk chocolate ice cream! Wanna here somethin wierd is I am NOT allergic to the wheat,.. just the gluetin,.. and EVERY other grain out there!

I would compile a list of all the things you can eat and start making recipes from that...man sites you can enter in an item like banana and it will show recipes...

Yes 2dog But I would LOVE a site that says,.. "put in what you can't have....."

I know this is awful for you and I am sorry you have lost so much weight...I was underweight when they diagnosed my diabetes...5'2' and 87 pounds...hollywood is jealous...I bet if you got some good cookbooks and ideas it would help...if you need any growing help feel free to ask...

do you use the crockpot much? can you have potatos and carrots? tons of good stuff can come from that hmmm...wonder if they have wheat gluten free tortillas...can you have peppers at all you could make fajitas? I would start with good beef recipes....since you know that is ok...what about fish it is supossed toi be easier to digest??

Wow Spirit, I can't imagine it! I'm sorry, wish there was something we could do for you...all I can offer are my prayers, which I will definatley do! It must really be hard to put on weight if you can't eat most of the stuff in the grocery store! That has to be frustrateing...get the munchies and not be able to munch! I hope things can get better for you soon...at least I hope they can put their finger on a diagnoses...then maybe they could figure out a way to treat it. So Sorry! Hang tough lady!

Latest posts

Back