Chefy! & good cooks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all how you cook it! I bet you like cabbage and don't realize it.........eggrolls anyone?

I just had an english muffin with butter and honey with a banana, hmm good.

Damn, now I'm hungry, Think I will go up and make a nice ham and cheese omelet.
Lots of good cooks here I see, Cook-en and growing, what a nice combo.:hubba: :hubba:

all I could eat from that is the butter and honey,..:rolleyes: and I would have to have the soy butter to boot! Pulled out some Buffalo Ribeyes for dinner tonight!:hubba:
Uhh I want somethin sweet! :cry: Made some candy bars today,.. mixed some crushed almond with a little butter and pressed into pan browned on 400 for just a minute (watching it) got it a little brown pulled it out shut the oven off sprinkled some organic chocolate chips some blue berries raw cashews and a few more chips,... set in oven for about two- three minutes pulled it out,.. smeared top lightly with rubber spatchula and sprinkled on loads of crushed almonds and butter again,.. (real easy on the butter just enough to moisten your nuts,:eek: ..hmmmm) then I patted that coating lightly on top turned the oven to broil,..... set pan under for a second or two turned it,... got it all brown,.. pulled it out to cool,.. couldn't wait :giggle: took pan outside with cloth over it! ,.. Cooled in few minutes enough to "dump" over on counter and cut into snack bars,... slid them into a large (two actually) ziplock gallon bags and laid in fridge! The neighbor kid keeps stoppin by and askin for another piece! lol! Yummmy!

those sound good spirit! lucky kids.

Whipped cream bubba! Top it with about half a can:D :D

That's what I'm talkin about! :stoned: eerrree :joint: a lil Mountain Haze from "up on Cripple Creek"

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of *#@$.'

OldHippieChick said:
I like Cajun Cabbage...
It's a good pot luck dish.
Everyone has their own twist on it. It's one of those ad lib kitchen sink things around these parts. But everyone includes the basics... ground meat/beef/sausage/even turkey - rotel & canned tomatos, cheese, cajun spices, misc spices to taste, dash of tobasco, onions and peppers and some add rice.

Everything is good cajun style.

Since it is crawfish season I will tell you all how to handle this.

Get a 100+ quart aluminum pot w/ basket on a jet burner. Buy the 1/2gallon(the big jar) of zatarans crab boil. GET THE POWDER not the liquid or the sacks. Poor half the jar into water and bring to a boil. Get 2 sacks of crawfish. Usually 40lbs per sack. Boil your first sack until they are floating usually 8 minutes if you have a jet burner or 10-12 with a regular burner. Pull them out by basket and poor in a big ice chest and drain. Get some Tony's Zataran's or some kind of "cajun spice" Put about half the shaker in chest and shake around usually takes 2 but it is a crawfish boil there is always another person especially with 80lb's of craw daddies. Now poor the other half of the jar in the water that you already used. Yes second batch will be spicy. Repeat steps. Now you have great water to boil other things: cabbage carrots mushrooms sausage corn potatoes onions peppers if it can be boiled it will be good.

This can be done on a stove just choose the amount of crab boil to add.

When I get home and off my work laptop I will post up how to do red beans n rice and gumbo

spiritlovescolorado said:
Bumper Sticker on oiur Truck Has Four Native Americans,...n Says "Been Fighting Terroism since the 1800'S!

LOL...I got one that says "sure you can trust the government, Just ask a Native American" My daughter got me a T-shirt for christmas that says the same thing, with a pic of Sitting Bull on it.

1 can Chicken Broth
1lb Red Kidney Beans
1/2 bag seasoning Blend 1 cup
2tbsp minced garlic
Flour
Oil
Creole Seasoning
pinch ground sweet basil
6 dashes red peper
1lb smoked richards pork sausage
1 bay leaf

Soak Beans in a tub overnight. Before cooking strain and fill container or bowl back with water right over beans.

Slice your sausage and fry to release grease. Add a little bit of oil to make a small roux. Flour and oil is a roux. Get it brown brown but not black. Dissolve a small amount of flour and brown to a medium dark brown. On med-low temp. It will stink. Some people like the smell. Saute the cup of seasoning blend in roux getting all the gradue off bottom of pot until vegetables are wilted. Add 2 tablespoons of garlic and saute until there is a sheen over the roux. Add a generous amount of creole seasoning, red pepper , and sweet basil mix well and stir frequently. Cook in seasoning. Add lightly fried sausage. Stir. Add can of chicken broth. Bring to a light boil. Add beans and water. Stir. May want to add a little more water because it will cook down. About 1/2" to 3/4" over ingredients. Add bay leaf. Cook down on a med low to med temp(Slight boil). Stir frequently. Don't let beans stick on bottom. On electric stoves the cook down can take 6 hours. On gas about 4-5 hours. Remove 1 cup beans and mash. Mash well and return to pot to thicken mixture. Before serving Add chopped parsley and green onion.

Serve over fluffy rice.

6 dashes Red Pepper
1 Hen cut up
1 bag of seasoning blend
3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
Chopped Parsley
Chopped Green Onion
1 cup Veggie Oil
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
2 cans chicken broth
1 small package of richards tasso
1lb richards andoille sausage
2lb richards pork sausage

Wash and pat dry chicken. Slice sausage and tasso. Lightly fry sausage tasso and chicken in a little oil. Remove everything. If needed add a little more oil to make 1 cup. Add 1 1/2 cup flour gradually to hot oil. Stir constantly to brown the roux until it is a dark brown. Over a med low temp. Add seasoning blend until wilted. Add garlic until there is a sheen. Garlic burns easily. Add seasoning quite a bit of creole seasoning a small amount of red pepper. Stir in seasoning to flavor roux. Let seasoning cook in for a few before adding two cans of chicken broth gradually to roux as it dissolves. Return chicken sausage and tasso to pot and fill with water. Bring to a simmer and stir now and again as cooks. Skim off grease as needed. When chicken is beginning to fall off bone, remove and cool in order to remove skin and debone. Check to see if any bones are on bottom. Very important I hate eating bones. So not to over cook chicken can hold aside. Cook until ready. About 6-7 hours on gas 8-9 hours on electric so you want to start cooking early. Add chopped parsley and green onion. Add chicken to warm and serve.

Serve over fluffy rice. Top bowls with a little file(The green powder).

Gumbo is awesome with potato salad. Get a scoop of potato salad and dip in gumbo. I prefer the potato salad cold but it is awesome either way hot or cold.

cabbage on the grill: quarter the head of cabbage, double wrap each quarter in foil, throw on/in grill just like u would do potato.
onion: core out center, carefully, not all the way thru. cut an 'x', again, not all the way thru. shove beef bullion cube all the way down in center. fill remainder with butter. double wrap with foil, place on/in grill. keep 'top' up, a small cut on bottom of onion helps keep uprite on grate. coals work just as well. be very carefull when removeing, i put in large bowl to unwrap, and serve. similar to french onion soup.

1/2 cup Real Butter(Land O Lakes Salted Sour Cream Butter)
8oz(1/2 stick) Mexican Mild Velvetta cubbed since there isn't hot anymore
20oz(2 packs) chopped spinich frozen
8oz(1 pack) Philly Cream Cheese not sweet cream cheese
1 small can of milk I use real milk
8 dashes of habenero Sauce

Boil the spinich in water and salt with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking to pot the drain. While spinich cooks melt butter in a saucepan. Add cream cheese and continue heating. When cream cheese is melted to a lumpy mixture add cubed mexican velvetta and habenero hot sauce. Add can of milk and heat until all is melted stirring constantly. remove from heat and add to spinich. Mix thoroughly and pour into a greased 11/2 quart casserole dish. I use pam to cut fat and calories. Bake in a pre-heated oven 325 350 for 60 minutes uncovered or until golden brown over the top. 45 minutes for 350.

A holiday favorite!

1 bag of Ocean Fresh Cranberries
1 Large Naval Orange-Rind and All
1 cup of sugar

Wash and drain all fruit. Quarter Orange. Throw all ingredients into a food processor. Stop the processor a couple of times to scrape the sides with a spatula. It will be a course-ground mixture.

A Holiday Favorite!

Sorry getting carried away. Transferring everything to the computer decided to post here.

Olive Oil
1 small bag of manhattan saffron rice
1lb chicken tenders cubed small
1/2lb pecans
1 small bunch of green onions chopped
1/2 stick of butter (Land O Lakes Salted Sour Cream)
1 bag frozen corn
Creole Seasoning
Coarse ground black pepper

Melt 1/2 stick of butter in saucepan to toast 1/2lb of pecan pieces. Remove toasted pecans to add chicken pieces. Add olive oil if needed to cook chicken. When chicken is cooked and white sprinkle with creole seasoning and pepper. Cook in seasoning. Add bag of frozen corn and continue stirring. Cook bag of saffron rice while cooking the pecans chicken and corn. Stir in rice with mixture. Add toasted pecans and green onion. Stir and Serve.

A weekday favorite of mine!

Do not refrigerate in a cast iron because there will be black crud in food by morning making food taste like iron.

3 to 4 small medium thin pork chops (1 to 11/2 pounds)
2 Tbs veggie oil
1 can(29ozs) sliced peaches in heavy syrup(drain) reserve syrup
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups hot cooked rice
1 tsp salt
1 tbs curry powder
1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbs cornstarch
1 tbs snipped parsley

In a skillet brown chops in oil on both sides. Drain off all fat. Add some peach syrup, a few peaches mashed, broth and seasonings to skillet. Stir to loosen brown particles. Cover and simmer 30+ minutes or until chops are tender. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbs water, stir into pan juices. Add peaches cook stirring until mixture thickens. Sprinkle with parsley.

Serve over beds of fluffy rice.

Another weekday favorite!

1 cup cornmeal (or cornbread mix)
1 cup grated cheese (American or Cheddar)
1 cup grated onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup corn (cream style)
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
2 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 cup chopped Jalapeno peppers

Mix all ingredients together and bake in preheated oven at 360 for 30-45 minutes.

I like to use a 10" cast iron. Heat skillet and put a little olive oil in it until you can smell olives. Remove from heat and wipe inside of skillet with paper towel. Sprinkle with cornmeal or cornbread mix before adding mixture. Will help mixture from sticking. Also heating the skillet in oven prior to adding mixture is a good idea.

Dang [email protected]k you...you giving out all your secret recipes??? Thanks man...I love cajun food. I haven't had crawdads since I lived in Texas, back in 94.

Latest posts

Back