Cloneing In Flower????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom-tom

Reaction score
Ok my girl is in flower for 1 month abouts and has hairs on all the branches but not to many on the very bottom branches can i cut them off and use them for clones still,,i have no rooting agents and cant afford them right now so if i can ill be doin what pot belly did in his thread i read today and puting them in straight water,,now i no i should have done this weeks ago but i made a mistake as a newbi lol and did not do it ,,so please give me some tips on the best way to do this with out rooting agents i also have a general hydro water farm drip system can i put the cuttings in rockawool and then baury the rockawool under the hydroton and let the ring drip water on them would this be better than just the cup of water ??because if they can root in the water farm i can just let them stay their and grow them in it but any advise would be great ,,cause i dont even no if its possible at this far into flower????????:)

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

A month in with pistils everywhere is a bit late to clone, but it might be possible.... I would definitely use a rooting agent though to give you the best shot at it.... it is not that expensive, like 10 bones for a small jar. Maken sure you put the clone under 24 - 0 light, and I would actualy take min of 2..... and I would trim the flowers off too...... make sure to not make the cutting too large, all the nutrients that cutting will absorb will have to be through the leaves until you get some roots going, the more plant and stalk you get on the clone, the more stress you put on the leaves and clones don't like stress.....

Good Luck.

your cuttings will root, but take considerably longer this far into flowering. Rooting hormone is cheap. you can do what PB did, but sucess rate may not be 100% with many cuttings. cuttings need to go in veg lighting state, with high humidity, may take 2 or 3 weeks for roots.

if any one nos for shure if i can do this please let me no i dont want to cut on the plant for no reason since its in flower

hey tom-tom,

you can clone anytime;) just takes longer the longer your in flower.... just like a reveg plant, it will work

yes, you can clone in flower...a buddy gave out rooted buds to a group of his friends a few years back...we all grew them out on the windowsill, it was very cool mini grow...tasted good too as I recall...go for it, they may take longer to root, you could always reveg...

there are home made cloning solutions that you can use willow water is a good one takes about 24hrs to make and will work better than plain water or straight soil here is a site to help enplane it http://www.bluestem.ca/willow-article1.htm
hope this helps it doesnt seem to matter what time of year either

IMO dont do it, itsn not worth it. Why risk stressing a plant that far along in flower, just start some new seeds and clone all you want off of them. You have 4 weeks to veg and clone till their done.

Latest posts

Back