Co2 benefits..worth it ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you take your plants outside everyday and bring them in everyday when in flower?

pcduck said:
so you take your plants outside everyday and bring them in everyday when in flower?

When summer arrives 6-7 months into veg, I begin flowering. I have FRIENDS come over to help me bring my set ups outside from 11:30am to 4-5pm. Maybe 6 or so ..i should really be letting them stay outside until SUNSET, AS the angle of the sun's rays to the Earth allows far red radiations to penetrate and reach plants ending/re-starting the pr and pfr phytochrome response so very important for flowering. (WHICH IS WHY I USE INCADESCENTS TO IMITATE IT)
... Then I bring them back inside into the set up under my light set up to finish the 12 hour cycle. Throwing the sun in there obviously is the smartest thing to do and is also a big reason for yield.

I made my set ups portable 2 years ago after wanting to bring them outside but my ScrOG setup was attached to the walls.

Now I use garbage pails as pots. 2 for one plant (one inside the other for draining), ..or sometimes I use those bins you find at wal-mart hold like 10-15 gallons. ANd I make my ScrOG set up...and I attach it to the bin or garbage pail, so that I can (ALONG WITH FRIENDS this isnt a one person job after a certain point) bring them outside.

LINK REMOVED

^^ This is an idea of how I set it up. Mine's a little bit different but same idea.

JBonez said:
funny, im actually ditching flowering with hps in favor of cfls.

I think since ive gotten that pesky "learning how to get big yields" down, i may go vertical with a couple 250w cfls, i think i can turn some heads, but i wont make any claims until i can back it up with pics at least.

LEARN ScrOG method!!! It will be a highly valued method of yours once you learn (if you do not already know). ESPECIALLY when using Fluor's or CFL's ...it maximizes yield with any type of lighting. Can even double, and if done right, triple. (maybe not your first time)

bizzy323 said:
thought led lights arent good?

BIZZY:

LED's are amazing. Just not for inducing flowering or increasing the flowering process in general. ONly as a supplement to floering lights are they really beneficial. When flowering You want to use HID's or CFL 2700K, and use LED's as a supplemental light only. LED's are monochromatic light (light of a single wave frequency) ..and ...universities and research institutes wouldn't be spending millions of dollars in research into this technology if it wasn't the next big thing.

ACTUALLY OFF TOPIC HAS ANYONE EVER USED SULPHUR PLASMA LIGHTS????
If anyone can get ahold of this technology, ...YOU better. It's 10x better than HID's, more efficietn more powerful. I could only imagine my yields if I got ahold of it

blue (460nm)
orange (615-635nm) (635 orange is amazing for veg growth even performed better than BLUE in many studies!!!!!! HOWEVER, YOU WANT TO COMBINE THESE COLOURS TOGETHER BLUE & ORANGE especially for Veg adding white helps develop carotenoids ...the structures of lights and effect on the physiology and biochemical processes of plants is still very highly unknown. Some say green light has no effect on plants hoWever THIS IS ALSO HIGHLY UNTRUE

Red (660nm)
White LED's are a mix of yellow, green ...they have a more Full spectrum structure.

=========

vegging - You want blue, orange, and white mostly, and a little bit of Red.

Flowering - you can either take out the Blue and white LED's, ....But Leave in Orange and RED

LED's are a blessing when it comes to establishing a beautifully impressive and massive ROOT ZONE. Bigger roots bigger yield cold hard fact.

My roots get so massive that I need to use garbage pails as pots. LED's just think VEGGING AND ROOTS. Healthier plants more resistant to shock ( i know i transplant 3-4 times / plant / grow. And I haven't had one problem since I switched my lighting. Hydroponics is absolutely horrible for transplant and shock. Aeroponics solves all those problems.

Hey man thanks for posting all your amendments. I'm going to do some reading later on azomite...I had not even heard of it before...so a big thank you! If it will help keep my plants healthy and happy I'm all for trying new things! So with the way you build your soil, I'm assuming that you don't use a nute line? Just water with various teas and what not...or do you have a line that you include? Thanks again for overlooking all the initial sarcasm!

Hick...Thanks for editing instead of deleting!!!!

nouvellechef said:
Holy moses dude. You got skills. I have no idea about any of that. I am sure Jman will respond, hes got skills and maybe could wrap this around his brain. GL

Yes, I could tell by the way Jman spoke he has more of a professional manner. I've been digging around in his posts, good reading. So many posts all over this whole forum though, sheeshesh. I believe he is the one who also was aware of some of the stuff I mentioned, I'm sure he might have even done small experiments, but most likely nothing ambitious. Not sure if there is much he don't already know.

Hey BioDynamic!

Thanks for the info. I've been looking into these products and have made a few purchases, including another product you mentioned called "Agricolas Best Minerals".

I'm having trouble finding Soilox- it appears to have been discontinued by the manufacturer (at least that's what I found). Any ideas on substitue or similar products?

Thanks.

BioDynamic said:
Ok, for the last time, ...I SAID I DO NOT USE LED'S FOR FLOWERING. OK!? UNDERSTAND PEOPLE, YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION PROPERLY. YOU ASSUME TOO MUCH AND DON'T ANALYZE ANYTHING.

First ..that isnt the 2 plants one shocked and one not. I said its a photo from a grow from 4 years ago. To prove that high yields have been around for many many years. This is only few years back but trust me people have been doing it for much longer.

I NEVER SAID I GET HUGE YIELDS JUST BECAUSE OF LED's!!!!!!! UNDERSTAND THAT DID YOU READ THAT? I use LED's to establish extremely large rhizospheres, and very healthy plants throughout vegetation. I also use a couple of other lights but not much because LED's are perfect for Vegging if you know what you are doing. Every technique I use, is yield enhancing. Not just a method of maintainability.

Flowering is different I use LED's but not as my main source.!!!! <<<READ THAT for GxD sucks start understanding. I also said I have used HID for years. I have stopped. That's only to say that I have actual knowledge and experience with ALL lighting technologies minus the Sulphur Plasma light, ...
where as most people only know one side to the whole story but have too much to say in the matter like they actually know and have experience.

I GET HUGE YIELDS BECAUSE I INTEGRATE THE BEST OF THE BEST of products, techniques & methods, and genetics. Along with some other very unique philosophies that I guess just don't work because everyone says so but I do them anyway, and hey guess what.

==================================
=================
==============================
ok im going to summarize what I do ..and I mean summarize greatly because . ...just because. WHy is it easy to get such huge yields?

I NEVER GROW THE SAME WAY TWICE. I have tried so many methodologies that it's mad. I continue to use only what brought out the greatest results.

I use LED's, CFL's, Incadescents, and sunlight. Flowering only gets the sunlight because I begin vegging in January, And usually 6-7 month of Veg, and 2-3 months flowering.
I begin flowering in summer, where I can combine all my lights (if I want), plus bring my homemade setups out side for pure sun from 11:30am until 4-5pm. Ok!? Understand people when you sit there and come up with all your gibberish that you have not been listening or inquiry with any sort of intelligence. ..actually I should say common sense.

As for products I use a very wide variety of the best this planet and any market has to offer. Understand I use extremely technical approaches that are very very dynamic in themselves for the physics and kinetics of plant growth and metabolism ...and ultimately ..of plant life.
Did you know if done properly a country the size of Australia could yield enough food for the entire world if done properly? Just understand you live in a very ignorant era, and some years from now, ...this'll all be over for you people.
Even the understanding of photosynthesis will change. ****even the equation for photosynthesis will be re-written soon, as it is incomplete and ...a damn joke. I understand elementary physics and chemistry so well, that the equation that you learn in college and university I laughed when I first read it, a university books, ...and the equation is wrong in all of them. Even in encyclopedias*****

favourite Products: (not the whole list)

AZOMITE, *** all-time favourite product, and all of you should do your research
VASHON glacial rock dust,
Paramagnetic, Volcanic, and Glacials rock dusts << (If you knew anything, these would in all your grow operations.

endo and ecto Mycorrhizal fungi,

trichoderma, from certain sources, and Harzianic Acid

Biozome Archaeobacteria &
MycoApply MAXX

Paenibacillus, & a few exclusive strains of Bacillus, from VooDoo Juice.
(contains a broader range of more effective beneficial microbes than any
other root booster formula.)
Water Polymers
Soilox
Hydrogen Peroxide
Powdered Oyster Shells (very specific source)
HUMUS/humic acid - I order from a source which shall remain nameless but resides in america and has the highest % of humus in the soil in the world.
Fulvic Acid
Sensizym - one of the only biologically active complete enzyme regimen in the world

Nirvana -
And I also order a variety of kelps and seaweed strains of all different types and make my own blends.

Organic B
Magnetite
Mixed Crushed crystals not powdered (quartz, amethyst, etc)

(among other things)

KEY POINT, I also use :

Oligosaccharides ...like Agricultural CHITOSAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE ....it's better than Chitosan and better than oligosacc.
Triacontanol*****
Brassinolide***** two of my favourites
Gibberellic Acid
the rare time i use IAA. IBA, and NAA (indole-3-acetic acid, Indole-3-butyric acid, and 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid)

Just to name a few.

Techniques and methods are just as important ...I'm going to leave out electric shock and magnetism and all my water structuring methodologies, as ... you people are either not ready for it, or don't even care, or ...just doesnt matter.

However: I will say this: I start in soil. Sometimes I'll keep it soil throughout the whole grow, sometimes I transplant after awhile in soil to my aeroponics system allowing it to get the best of both worlds. Sometimes I do just aeroponics.

rregardless of that, one technique is very important when using anything but HID's. It's called ScrOG. Screen of Green. A technique only around 10 years old or so. This method here, allows me to Maximizing yield from any light source. OK THIS HERE ....IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY I GET SO MUCH BUD, with my type of lighting. Not only that, ...i use well over 3000watts for 4 or less plants. and I use about 5 different lighting technologies each having their own specific effects on plant growth. LED's (specific frequencies for specific plant stages), CFL's (6000K, 3300K, and 2700K 3 different spectrums), Incadescents for extra far red to trigger pr and pfr phytochrome responses, and Full spectrums bulbs. PLUS PLUS PLUS ...when summer comes, My friends help me take my plants outside for pure sunshine baby. Ok. I am very dynamic in every aspect of agriculture. I do a million things more than anyone I know. Don't even get me started on water.

If you do not know anything about BIODYNAMIC AGRICULTURE/gardening, / movement that's becoming viral across the world. then you do not understand why I am getting such large yields from just my soil alone. You see when you combine yield enhancing techniques from every angle, Soil, water, plant food, atmosphere, light. and extra external stimuli ....jesus you can yield any amount.

I don't kno what else to write, i dont want to re-read all that if I missed anything or didnt explain soemthing right or you need more detail (I left out a good 90%) .....then by all means ask, just dont be rude, or ignorant please I am really having a hard time as it is right now, I don't need anymore.

Apologies if I get edgy at all.
wow....i think i'll just clone a few more to make up for the yield difference and stick to my GH 3 part for now...

if your goal is research, then i suggest you do this with some laboratory help and some funding with some legal plants where you can really make a difference to the agricultural world. you're most probably wasting your money and effort, many researchers are already way ahead of you and get funded by the state, you can go work along with them and catch up from where they got, thats at least my opinion.

BBFan said:
Hey BioDynamic!

Thanks for the info. I've been looking into these products and have made a few purchases, including another product you mentioned called "Agricolas Best Minerals".

I'm having trouble finding Soilox- it appears to have been discontinued by the manufacturer (at least that's what I found). Any ideas on substitue or similar products?

Thanks.

SoilOX = hxxp://www.elementshydroponics.com/item/887
hxxp://www.wellcoolstuff.com/thestore/prods/WANS.html

hxxp://growmaster.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=144

hxxp://www.irishheadstores.com/product/A_Z/Soilox_1kg_Nutrients/7545

(Am I allowed to post links like this at least) ?

PUFF MONKEY said:
wow....i think i'll just clone a few more to make up for the yield difference and stick to my GH 3 part for now...
:yeahthat: and just how many lifetimes of weed supply price does your room cost to build?

(Am I allowed to post links like this at least) ?

No.... they frown upon posting of any outside links..Just change the tt in http to XX or else a mod will do it

zem said:
if your goal is research, then i suggest you do this with some laboratory help and some funding with some legal plants where you can really make a difference to the agricultural world. you're most probably wasting your money and effort, many researchers are already way ahead of you and get funded by the state, you can go work along with them and catch up from where they got, thats at least my opinion.

Lol. Sir, you have no idea. University of Calgary , my main title career, lifes work, is RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT. It is the only true ubiquitous science.

It's very hard to explain what exactly I am studying for majors and ALL of my theses. However, ...there is so much going on right now, that I won't be doing my own work exactly rather the work of others ..because ..electricity, and magnetism, elctic and magnetic fields, ultrasonic stimulation of plant growth, intermittent light or pulsed light, all those thing i named off before, .. plus many other weird and new techniques are all underway. And I'm on my way to becoming a part of it. However, ...my own research, ...I don't think i exactly am doing any. Except, at hoem grows but im just merely experimenting with things that are already known ...I AM BEHIND. With everything i do I am far behind, I know certain techniques that are just insane ...Like using Lasers Red and Blue (BLUE LIGHT IS VERY VERY VERY UNIQUE AMONG ALL OTHERS) ..especially Blue Lasers. ... There ..I think it'll take me a month or so, but I should make a thread dedicated to all the weird techniques that are underway. Certain technologies, etc.

I am going to school for research and development, ...but everything I am doing, is the work of those before me. There is no credit for me to achieve except maybe do it better someday. But i am rather limited in new technology compared to research institutes ...so.

My hats off to you sir. Moving plants that size late in flower daily, in and out of grow room is amazing. Cant even imagine, at 4-6oz per plant moving them around daily. I prob smoke to much and am lazy though. :)

zem said:
:yeahthat: and just how many lifetimes of weed supply price does your room cost to build?

Very good qquestion. But first I should mention that I can almost create anything out of anything. Like right now I am turning my 52 inch big screen into a little secret grow space, ... or for comparison you ever see those stoners in movies that can make a bong out of absolutely almost anything

I use innovation like that. If I live in a place that doens't have a right sized closet, I can make a 'room' inside a room ...many ways and relatively cheap.

I've made so many different kinds of aeroponic systems using, almost everything. It's not hard to make aeroponic set up using JUST POP BOTTLES. (everyone thinks you need high pressure pumps and stuff, but no you really don't).

If I want to make a room in a room I either go to home depot and buy some really cheap thin boards they have many sizes big and small, some cheap corner beads, ..you can really decide to use any materials you want, wood can come from anywhere in my town for free, and ..you can even use drywall and even create a really secret hidden room type chamber, of ganja. I haven't attempted it yet, as it's more appropriate for a owned home. I even took training in drywalling, taping, and mudding, just for that purpose at MOJO drywall. At the time i could even get drywall for free.
If not, it's really not hard to come up with ideas.

a box or 2 or 3 that big screen tv's come in, can be transformed and re-inforced to create a nice little grow op room. Although eventually, ..sometimes I need to use a room, with at least 7 foot ceiling and some major space. I have a beautiful walk in closet now 6 feet by 7 feet by 8 feet, perfect for to giant beauties.

I used big screen tv boxes before, and re-inforced it with 20$ worth of board, ..and I bought enough mylar for 10$ to cover the whole inside including the bottom ... when i use all my lights like say i use my 6 3oowatt CFL's, ..I bought 3 socket 2 ays splitter so i only need three socket, to hold 6 bulbs, i use cheap lamps i don't do any wiring I dont fu** with electricity, never no way not one bit nuh uhh, nooope, nadda, nil, zip zilch, zero, bye.

products are pretty cheap for the most part, ...and methods i try to use as much as a self sustaining methodology as possible. Home-made things, set-ups, gadgets and gizmos,...

etc etc etc

But over all I find most of this stuff and the best prices in the market.

Lights probably cost the most ...But as for the products list, ...some of it is Cheap, and a couple of the things are expensive. VOodoo Juice is almsot 150$ for 500ml ... Sensizym is 40-50, same ith Organic B. Nirvaana is 35$, ...azomite I can get 5$ 1kg + delivery or like 60$ for 44lbs....

The stuff Like TRIACONTANOL, BRASSINOLIDE, GIBBERILLIC ACID, IAA IBA NAA, ...And the like, I can get them all very very cheap ... all of them for 30$ ...fulvic acid is about 40$, humic acid is about the same, ...

Crystals like the quartz and amythest i use for mainly the same reasons some people leave stones in theres, ..except I use crystals. So no need for anyoen to try these unless you believe in soemthing. They have very unique properties when it comes to interaction with forms of energy. I'm not claiming anything on yield or any enhancements from it, i just use it to help soil structure. Instead of pebbles. However, I will be trying out powedered crystal, or crystal dust, sometime, just not with these plants, ...I'll go buy some pansies or marigolds and grow a couple and try it out to see.

Kelp and Seaweed extracts, or bundles are all fairly cheap as well

Mycorrhizal fungi with water polymers coems together i can get for like 5$ for 3oz ...water polymers a re a very good safe guard. Can save your *** sometimes that's for sure.

again most of these products last for 3-4 grow operations, since i have such a variety, ...other products last for a couple years (TRIA,BRS<IAA<IBA<NAA, )

Chitalin O. ...I get for cheap ...14$

etc etc etc

nouvellechef said:
My hats off to you sir. Moving plants that size late in flower daily, in and out of grow room is amazing. Cant even imagine, at 4-6oz per plant moving them around daily. I prob smoke to much and am lazy though. :)

haha ...it definitely is not easy, ...Garbage pails filled with like 30 pounds of dirt, plus the plant, and when it's wet soil I Won't even attempt. I Need help when I move them It's not a one person task at all once in the bins or garbage pails, and the ScrOG attached, ... thank GxD for whoever invented patio doors easy to take off. (minus any burglary attempts)

PUFF MONKEY said:

Lol, it's a lot easier than it sounds believe me. And ,... so much fun. And it leads to nothing but better understandings, of everything. You really get to learn, ...not just do another somthing.

That big plant looks nice but IMO its no way to grow efficiently, 6-7 month vegg time then 2-3 month flower, thats 8-10 month turnaround , I can complete 3 harvests in that amount of time.

Needing help to haul plants in and out every day?.. no thanks.

I Don't need to grow that long, ...I just do. It's perhaps the only, as you said, part of my game that is costly. ... And isn't always that long. But regardless of the length of time(as long as not too short), ...i can grow in one op what you can grow in 3 ....and with only 4 plants or less. I never have more than 4. How many do you have?

And it doesn't need to be everyday like I said. But the more the better obviously. A lot fo time and patience involved but ...not hard work at all. I love it I live it. Passion

But growing just isn't a hobby of mine, it is also a study. Agriculture is the biggest business in the world. And, modern Agr. is very primitive, ...and a lot of change is coming. All this time and steadiness, attention to detail, and different combinations of many different variables, ...I truly learn in my garden, ...I don't just grow. I am preparing for a career in research and development. And this is a very big part of what I'll be doing. Kind of like at home school.

However, I could start my grow up a couple months after january and get almost the same results, but I love starting up on my Birthday, and I love taking care of plants it's almost like a child dont do it if you are not going to do it right and patiently. May be stupid but plants just aren't plants to me. They are the very reason why we exist in the first place. The key to all life in the universe is Biochemistry. The key to all life on earth is Autotrophic plants.

I like growing them big, I like getting to know them. Each and every strain. (lol) And I do not like re-starting operations so many times a year, one year one op. Almost all my methods are self sustaining, or very inexpensive ...So I guess it balances it.

And my friends want to help. This is more than just some closet scene for us. Marijuana isn't my future, but all of this is. And the stuff that we grow goes for quite a bit in the country beside me.

And we get together, and they help me out I sometimes need more than 2 hands and arms for many things.... holding branches, or lifting, helping me measure... etc etc

I measure sugar content , chlorophyll content, I use a lamotte professional soil test kit, and Lamotte humus kit, moisture, light, pH, ORP, EC/TDS, Co2 levels, ....I am in the middle of buying a new meter that measures the ...well in a nutshell it measure the 'activity, of the stomata. !! how cool is that. I might even be forgetting about something...

I spend lots of time , probably more than mostly anyone. I love it. And it is so worth it on so many levels regardless of price. I'd pay the costs anyday

Everything so meticulous and highly-wrought

if you are moving plants outside and then inside every day why dont you just grow in a greenhouse?

JBonez said:
Co2, hmm... good question.

From an analytical point of view,

unless you are going to increase lumens per square foot,
increase nutrient regimen/maintenance, control humidity so you can run higher temps, then id say dont waster your time.

Unless your grow is completely sealed tho, you are gonna have a rough time keeping things consistent.

jmo mang.
how many lpf we talkin' ? i'm already at 300,000 lumens over a 5x9 area..and i'll surely feed em' to the max...already got a fix for the humidity...lids...

It's not only lumens Puff Monkey- temperature is also critical when adding CO2.

Maximum photosynthesis peaks at about 88 degrees with a CO2 rate of 1500ppm.

But I agree with JBonez- you must find the limiting factor in your grow- otherwise everything else you do is for naught.

Latest posts

Back