Co2 benefits..worth it ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surreptitious said:
if you are moving plants outside and then inside every day why dont you just grow in a greenhouse?

Someday I hope to. However, ...I live in the biggest dope growing community in Ontario. Crop robbing is a big thing around here. Greenhouses raise suspicion, and attracts major attention. (not many greenhouses around here)

It's also one of those everyone knows everyone type of locations. Word travels faster than sound around here. <(o.0)>

Indoors I have an alarm. Plus I can hear anything. And plus, my grow is always hidden very very well indoors IN a HOUSE. not as easy in a greenhouse. Like my secret little Big screen TV grow 'box' might look a little weird sittin out there, lol, ...Nowhere to hide in case of unexpected guests.

Oh yes, I also forgot to list that I also use Polyamines, as well.

I am a big fan of re-generation which is something I do every so often. When I do this, my 2nd harvest only takes a couple months, and my yield is even larger than the first. However, sometimes I fail at this, and end up with hermy's, or just lower yield.

But
quite often it's a beautiful technique. One year, 2 giant harvests, Only one start.

I agree that Bio's way is not the most efficient ....but hey if it's what he likes then who am I to judge...there are many ways to build a house, as long as the end product passes inspection, who cares if someone does it a certain way. Thats the beauty of growing, to each his own. I'm certainly not going to start growing 6 ft plants, long veg etc....but theres nothing wrong with someone doin it. There is no wrong way, unless your plants are dieing.

wow.....
anyways.....
if your gonna use co2 and money isnt a option and you have a climate control what is the best way and easiest way? with a regulator? or a generator?
the generator gives off heat from the propane and humidity right?

if temps are a problem,I say meter it thru a good climate control unit,in this day you can't go wrong if you can afford it,my room 9x6x7 cost me around 1800.00 money well spent,almost grows itself,temps,humidity,exhaust,intake,co2,all units run from one box.have fun with it,if money is no object you can grwo great today

i'd go with the reg setup....pure Co2 and nothing else

420grower said:
if temps are a problem,I say meter it thru a good climate control unit,in this day you can't go wrong if you can afford it,my room 9x6x7 cost me around 1800.00 money well spent,almost grows itself,temps,humidity,exhaust,intake,co2,all units run from one box.have fun with it,if money is no object you can grwo great today

yeah i got all that except the co2. just wondering about the co2.
thank you for the help

PUFF MONKEY i'd go with the reg setup....pure Co2 and nothing else

thats what i thought thanks for the help

Wondering how those total controllers work. If I already have De-humid, AC, CO2. Do they all just plug into the controller and it turns on the unit when it falls below the specified level?

Lol. Almost all new ac, de-humid are digital. So what is the point of a $700 controller?

Yo Friends,

I know that you guys are getting sorta caught up in the idea of using Carbon Dioxide, and some of you have gone on to say, that you will go 100% C02. Well, I'm here to tell you that you babies will most likely die off, or produce much less than what your putting into them.

Here is why, Should you go 100% carbon dioxide then where is the healthy supply of oxygen that the plant also needs ? Do you think it will off gas enough oxygen for herself to grow with ?
I don't think so.

Some of you might even be thinking I am off my rocker to even suggest that a plant needs oxygen to grow right? So let's ask the question; "Does a plant need oxygen to grow ? the answer is;
YES!!! they perform cellular respiration too, to get energy for themselves! therefore they need oxygen in the last step on cellular respiration to form ATPs.

smoke in peace
much love
KK:cool:

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Friends,

I know that you guys are getting sorta caught up in the idea of using Carbon Dioxide, and some of you have gone on to say, that you will go 100% C02. Well, I'm here to tell you that you babies will most likely die off, or produce much less than what your putting into them.

Here is why, Should you go 100% carbon dioxide then where is the healthy supply of oxygen that the plant also needs ? Do you think it will off gas enough oxygen for herself to grow with ?
I don't think so.

Some of you might even be thinking I am off my rocker to even suggest that a plant needs oxygen to grow right? So let's ask the question; "Does a plant need oxygen to grow ? the answer is;
YES!!! they perform cellular respiration too, to get energy for themselves! therefore they need oxygen in the last step on cellular respiration to form ATPs.

smoke in peace
much love

Good points KK-

But, isn't respiration a light independent function? Certainly in flower it's a non-issue, because you wouldn't be giving co2 to plants while they're in the dark- which leaves plenty of time for the Calvin Cycle.

However, during veg it's a different matter I guess. Though much is said about maintaining 1500 ppm's, I've actually been reading alot about keeping the ppm's between 700 to 1000 ppms. (I think it would be nearly impossible, except perhaps in a vacuum, to achieve a 100% concentration). There should still be plenty of o2 left over for the final processing of carbohydrates, wouldn't you think?

BBFan said:
Good points KK-

But, isn't respiration a light independent function? Certainly in flower it's a non-issue, because you wouldn't be giving co2 to plants while they're in the dark- which leaves plenty of time for the Calvin Cycle.

However, during veg it's a different matter I guess. Though much is said about maintaining 1500 ppm's, I've actually been reading alot about keeping the ppm's between 700 to 1000 ppms. (I think it would be nearly impossible, except perhaps in a vacuum, to achieve a 100% concentration). There should still be plenty of o2 left over for the final processing of carbohydrates, wouldn't you think?

Wasn't I told earlier on, (and argued with), I believe it was on this thread about co2 ...that my production of Co2 beginning at 700ppm while they were babies, and raising it as they get older to a max of 1400ppm was a waste of time. I do not cross this line I said because one grow at 2000ppm my plants died, ...and someone was arguing with me saying that 700-1500ppm was too low to see any results, and they were saying my the reason I had such low levels, was because I had made home-made set ups, but I was purposely controlling and keeping them at that range, and ... SO...

Leads to my question...

What has everyone else experienced? WHat echelon of ppm, or what ranges, has everyone had success and failure with?

I'm sure every strain has slightly different genetics for this but on a general basis, ...Although it might be tricky to explain I know, because temperature, humidity, amount/intensity/type of light technology, among others, all have their say in the carbon fixation process, but again on a general level ... Where has ppm began to mean failure in your experiences?

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Friends,

I don't think so.

smoke in peace
much love

100% Co2 is absolutely crazy. If you were to even enter such a room, YOU WOULD PASS OUT AND DIE!!!

Marijuana may have one of the highest carbon fixation rates in the world, but 100% Co2 levels would be 101% toxic.

Some people claim success with ppm levels of 2000ppm or above. I experienced death with it, and it was definitely a Co2 problem.

Perhaps specific adjustments in the room could have made 2000ppm, ...more beneficial however?

But my opinion would (because of the only success I've had) be the best levels are 1000-2000ppm respectfully. Less at an earlier stage of growth. What does everything else think?

And yes, the green of the plant 'eats' co2, while the roots 'eat' as much oxygen as possible. Oxygen created by plants obviously comes from the water while the oxygen in the CO2 gets incorporated in the carbohydrates created by the plants.

But if 2000ppm or above can be beneficial, ..what does it take (exactly-ish) in the rest of the room to make it so???

nouvellechef said:
Lol. Almost all new ac, de-humid are digital. So what is the point of a $700 controller?
if you have a co2 regulator going on just a timer when lights are on then your wasteing co2. when your exhaust turns on your co2 is sucked right out of the room. thats what my $300 controller does. turns my co2 off when the fans turn on.

BioDynamic said:
Here's a grow from 4 years ago.

And I started shock treatment on one plant out of my 2, started almost a week ago. And you can without a doubt tell which one I have been shocking. Leaves are already twice the size, than the untreated. I need a digi camera.
Is that an HID light in the picture?

BBFan said:
It's not only lumens Puff Monkey- temperature is also critical when adding CO2.

Maximum photosynthesis peaks at about 88 degrees with a CO2 rate of 1500ppm.

But I agree with JBonez- you must find the limiting factor in your grow- otherwise everything else you do is for naught.
so during flower would you keep your temps that high. i thought it would stress the plants out.

moaky said:
so during flower would you keep your temps that high. i thought it would stress the plants out.

You need elevated temps for enhanced CO2 levels to be utilized.

Latest posts

Back