Co2 generator conversion question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
I bought a Gen2 Co2 generator from a friend, it was set up for natural gas. It came with the conversion kit for propane, I did not get instructions for the conversion. I was wondering if any of you could tell me where these two little metal parts go.

View attachment 001.JPG

those are the orfis(?) that you change out to use either natural gas or propane. You need to google you Brand and model to get the right way to change them. Do not try to change them with out the right instructions or you could mess up your regulator.

No go, I can't find any instructions anywhere. I did learn that those are pilot orifice parts. So today when I begin that project I will take some pictures and create some instructions, posted here later.

Did you find in your search a replacement parts sheet if so look at it and it should have a disgram of the orifice installation path. this is normally mark as to which type Right or Left hand thread(clockwise or counterclockwise) is used.

Had a stove that had to be changed from natural to propane. The gas guys did it, but looking at the parts, the only difference was the size of the orifice. The parts looked identical otherwise.

Could you (safely) disassemble it enough to replace each part, one at the time?

Wet

I was going to do a blow by blow how to convert my Gen2 from gas to propane. So I dug in with my camera in hand and began dismantling my co2 generator, and promptly stripped a fitting. Then next day I called R and M Supply to purchase a new fitting. The gentleman I spoke with informed me that they do not send out or sell components for any of their Co2 systems, but if I would send it in to them they would fix it for free. I explained that I bought it second hand and that I WAS THE REASON IT WAS BROKEN and he said cool. So they fixed it for free and they match return shipping for free as well.:holysheep: How cool is that. CAP products and R and M ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So spare yourself the grief and if you have a Co2 system that needs a conversion, CALL THEM, their customer service ROCKS!!!!!!!!

These are the first few pics from the beginning of my conversion, the last picture is of the fitting I stripped out, according to the tech guys at R and M it's a common occurrence.

View attachment DSC01246.JPG

View attachment DSC01247.JPG

View attachment DSC01248.JPG

Latest posts

Back