Cool Tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if anybody out ther knows the smallest cool tube that they make on the market

thx any info would help

What wattage light are you going to be using? I am in the process of making a dual 150W cool tube using a Pyrex Bake-around. I think the bake-around is smaller than any commercially available cool tube at 3-3/4" diameter and 14-1/2" long.

scrog 035 (3).jpg

I'm quite sure the smallest they go are 6 inches. I have a bake a round one and it's alot smaller than my cool tube:).

well hemp goddess the one you got right ther would work fine and the size looks allmost perfect.im planning on going with a 250 watt hps.but now that i see your duel 150 i allmost wanna try that 1.so were can i find a pyrex bake around besides e bay. and 1 more question were did you get all the stuff to make that one. you should put that on the diy thread

thx for all the input guys keep it coming:stoned:

mine is 18" and 6" in circumfrance thats the smallest at the hydro store it holds 250s thru 1000w HPS lights i use a 600w HPS works great i closet grow so i need to get the heat out fast:hubba: also not sure on your space but a 400w would be way better than 2 150w its only 100w more but way more power a 150w is (16000) lumens so 2 is (32000 lumens) were as a 400w has 55000 to 58000
lumens almost double the lumens with 100 more watts and believe me the more lumens= more BUDS

I believe there is a DIY thread for a cooltube in the DIY section. Check that thread out and I'm sure you can come up with something similar. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

risktaker27 said:
well hemp goddess the one you got right ther would work fine and the size looks allmost perfect.im planning on going with a 250 watt hps.but now that i see your duel 150 i allmost wanna try that 1.so were can i find a pyrex bake around besides e bay. and 1 more question were did you get all the stuff to make that one. you should put that on the diy thread

thx for all the input guys keep it coming:stoned:

I'm going to do a DIY on this as soon as I get back from Denver. I have a bit of work left to do on the electrical connections.

I don't know of anywhere to buy bake arounds except e-bay since they are no longer manufactured. That is where I got both of mine. I disassembled the 150 lights and removed the sockets. I fed the wires for the socket through the mounting where the main electrical connection goes. The original housing will serve as the ballast box. The ballast boxes can be located remotely. The glass will be removed and a louvered metal vent will take the place of the glass for ventilation. The bands at the ends of the tube are 3" no hub couplings (used in plumbing).. They come with a rubber sleeve that I don't use. I purchased ceramic sockets that had a side mount to attach the socket to the no hub coupling. I bought a package of different lengths of 1/8" threaded pieces (available in the lamp sectionof your hardware store). I couldn't find any nuts to secure the threaded piece to the no hub coupling, so I bought 2 brass threaded couplings and cut off the ends to use as nuts. Ducting will connect to the other ends.

I'll post a few pictures for you.

scrog 023 (2).jpg

scrog 025 (2).jpg

scrog 030 (2).jpg

I've seen 125mm or 5" cool tubes on eBay.

Thought I might ask here rather than in my own thread; but why does it matter which way the air flows through a cool tube.

I read yesterday somewhere that you should only push or pull (can't remember which); but can't understand why it would matter; especially considering you can buy dual cool tubes in which case one end would have the airflow in the wrong direction.

smokingjoe said:
I've seen 125mm or 5" cool tubes on eBay.

Thought I might ask here rather than in my own thread; but why does it matter which way the air flows through a cool tube.

I read yesterday somewhere that you should only push or pull (can't remember which); but can't understand why it would matter; especially considering you can buy dual cool tubes in which case one end would have the airflow in the wrong direction.

I have never heard this. There can be no logical reason that I can see for 1-way flow, especially since as you said, there are dual cool tubes. Unless you can remember the source and it is a valid one, I would write this off.

Latest posts

Back