New member here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyt0621

Reaction score
Hey guys how goes it. I have like 5 grow cycles under my belt, I have done soo much research into growing when I started I didn't know of anybody else who was growing so I had to literally learn by trail and error anyways its been like 2 years since the last time I grew. Anyways I'm back with this green thumb of mine lol I've been running into issues with heat I've attached 2 pics these are lavender layer cake any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 16905855600213880707130700408034.jpg
    16905855600213880707130700408034.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Correct inline fan, as far as water/ feed habit I feed them every 4 or 5 days I never really understood the whole feeding process meaning that up until now I used to feed my plants and I'd let the run off resoak back into the fabric pot til I read an article saying that's a big nono lol

Okay soo I happen to find these in a bag I got from a dispensary on 420 lol so it's almost like a gift from nature, got lucky I ended up with 2 females lavender layer cake is the strain. Yeah I definitely feed every time I water, the pots I Honesty put hands in the soil just to make sure not to to dry but I definitely feel like a noob because I've never encountered another indoor grower I've literally taught myself quite a bit but I wanna get better that's why I'm here oh yeah the plants are umm like a month and a half using soil so it's a Lil slower so they say lol

The highest temp I've been getting is around 83 degrees my humidity is also an issue at night it gets in the 80s and day time high 60's as far as what I'm starting to see is the fan leaves are starting to taco lol if that makes any sense
Welcome sir! 83 degrees seems ok to me. You feed them nutes every time you water? I’m not the most experienced but most growers seem to feed every other time they water. Also I use 2 gal fabrics pots with fox farms soil and I need to water mine at least every other day. The plants like a wet and dry cycle but not completely dry. I usually will water my plants when the pot feels light or dry when I check I inch under soil with a finger. I also don’t have temps in the 60s mine stays around 80 degrees so hence why I’m water so much. Good luck I hope you figure it out!

What is the pH of the run off water? Do you check pH of your watering/feeding? I would give them straight water next time you water them. Most people feed every other or every third watering instead of every watering. As boo said, you should figure out why your A/C is tripping off too.

Out of curiosity, there is another discussion going on here about reusing soil. Are you reusing your soil?

What is the pH of the run off water? Do you check pH of your watering/feeding? I would give them straight water next time you water them. Most people feed every other or every third watering instead of every watering. As boo said, you should figure out why your A/C is tripping off too.

Out of curiosity, there is another discussion going on here about reusing soil. Are you reusing your soil?
You know I had a feeling something was off but my run off was 5.2 I haven't been checking my ph lately but I will try feeding every other and see I'm not reusing soil but I have before in the past not sure if there is another thread

5.2 is too low. In soil, the sweet spot for nutrient absorption is 6.2.

My question about reusing soil was just because I had problems reusing soil in the past. Others have not had issues doing it though. My pH dropped into the mid 5’s when I hit flowering and the leaves went crispy and ‘spotty’ on me. I blame myself for that. I changed nutrients and was being lazy.

That being said, I would give the pots a good watering with pH 7 or above straight water and suction out the run off. I also tried leaving the water in my drip trays at one point with lousy results. My reasoning was I am cheap and the runoff was chock full of nutrients. Poor reasoning on my part. Mistakes are sometimes the best lessons.

A good reference site for plant issues is growweedeasy(I am not affiliated with the site-I just find it helpful and I like the ‘plant problems’ page where you click on a box of what you see and it displays possible reasons).

Welcome to the Passion btw.

5.2 is too low. In soil, the sweet spot for nutrient absorption is 6.2.

My question about reusing soil was just because I had problems reusing soil in the past. Others have not had issues doing it though. My pH dropped into the mid 5’s when I hit flowering and the leaves went crispy and ‘spotty’ on me. I blame myself for that. I changed nutrients and was being lazy.

That being said, I would give the pots a good watering with pH 7 or above straight water and suction out the run off. I also tried leaving the water in my drip trays at one point with lousy results. My reasoning was I am cheap and the runoff was chock full of nutrients. Poor reasoning on my part. Mistakes are sometimes the best lessons.
Now when you did reuse your soil did by chance you happen flush out the nutes it had from the previous grow, i used to leave my run off and let the fabric suck it back up lol I'll definitely try watering

Latest posts

Back