Correcting PROBLEMS.., before there is one. .. Is this normal.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Chavez

Reaction score
TGIF! .. So I am growing 5 Durban's from Sensi Seeds in Grodan starter mini-blocks. 5 days ago they were scarified, pre-soaked for 22 hours, and planted into the pre-soaked/flushed rockwool for germination. They were under a heat mat, humidity dome, and in darkness for about 60 hours before the first seedling popped through the growing medium; humidity dome taken off. Between the next 12 hours, 72 hours after planting seeds, 4 out of 5 had popped through the surface. Since my other plants are all running on 18/6 at the moment, I just decided to put my new seedlings under the T5 4 foot 8-bulb grow fixture, about 9 inches away. It's been about 15 hours the new seedlings have been under the T5, and I noticed a bend in the plants, the light is evenly distributed over the cubes, so is this normal? Also, since I put them under the light, the stems have began to turn reddish instead of staying light white, is this normal as well? My temperatures in the grow room stay above 71, and under 80, and well circulated. I am using distilled water with a pH of 6.0. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Picture 1: Before seedlings placed under T5
Picture 2: 15 hours after placed under T5; notice that awkward bend in the stem?
Picture 3: 4 out of 5 popping through surface; since removing humidity dome, and placing under light, the fifth one seems to have stopped pushing through. Any suggestions? They are not under heat mat anymore; probe reads 78.1 air temperature.

Durban 028.JPG

Durban 036.JPG

Durban 034.JPG

The bend in the stem is fine its just going to the bright light the lights 9inches away might be too far t5s arnt hot and i believe you can move it closer i did like 3-4 inches with mine and as far as the 5th seedling does it have a tap root? I dontb think you have to worry about that either it just might be a little behind the others just give it a day or 2 and see if it catches up

Latest posts

Back