Cuttings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcam

Reaction score
When I take a cutting off my mother plant with the stem grow back on the mother plant?

The only reason I ask is because I have 6 clones which are healthy and they are going to be the mother plants what I will take all my cuttings off.

Also, will mother plants grow all the time if left on 18/6 hour cycle or do they have a life expectancy?

Thanks in advance,

Camcam :)

In theory a plant can be kept alive for many years on any light schedule that will stop it going into flower, like Puffins re veg plant, if you have taken cuttings to the point you only have a stem left then thats the end of that plant :)

I used to make mothers from clones
I would grow them on in 1gal pots on an 18/6 light cycle
Cuttings from these mothers were used in the flower room and to replace the mothers that I took the cuttings from.
I found this method worked fine for me, as I did not then need a mother plant to recover before taking more cuttings from her, she was simply tossed away and a few of my previous clones would take her place.

so what your asking is if you cut a clone off you plant will it grow back is this right? if you cut it off close to the main stem no if you leave a set of nodes on the branch then yes. it will take some time but it will produce two branches. but like i said if you cut it off against the main stem then no.. you would have to leave the first set of leaves on the branch and just take enough for the clone. hope this helps

If you wanna keep a mother going and replenishing fresh clones for ya, then always leave 1 or 2 nodes on the stem being cut with the mother. This is where fresh growth will replenish the area with foilage and future clones.

Latest posts

Back