dark green viens?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FATBOY

Reaction score
hey everybody I got a question for ya my plants are doing alright but some seem to be getting really deep dark green around the viens of the leaves is this ok? I would apreciate any knowlage thanks!

Yo Ho FATBOY,
Let's keep it short, sweet, and simple shall we ?

Chlorophyll couldn't be more important in the world of biology and plants. All green plants contain at least one type of chlorophyll (chlorophyll a).

There are also forms of chlorophyll called chlorophyll c1, c2, and c3, as well as a chlorophyll d, but these forms are much less widely distributed in the plant world. Chlorophyll is the single most critical substance in plants that allows them to absorb light from the sun and convert that light into usable energy. (In biochemistry, it's called the primary photoreceptor pigment).

The color of chlorophyll

Plants and foods would not be green without their chlorophyll, since chlorophyll pigments reflect sunlight at exact appropriate wavelengths for our eyes to detect them as green.

The chlorophyll a molecule actually reflects light in a blue-green range (about 685 nanometer wavelengths), while chlorophyll b reflects light in a more yellow-green color (about 735 nanometer wavelengths). The overall affect, however, is for us to see varying shades of a color we would simply call "green."

Sorry about being long winded, this was supposed to be short, LOL
Your plants are obviously doing their thing, and getting on rather well it would seem.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

wel ok I m glad to hear ALL of that lol wel thank you dude I was worrying

KK hit it on the head. Good stuff my friend. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back