daylight clfs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a 45w 2700 lumen kelvin 6500 daylight cfl will this grow anything or do I absoulutly need cool and warm whites please help I think I may have wasted my money

It will be useful but you'll still need more.

for cfls the most useful kelvin temps are 6500k and 2700k. 6500 is the best cfl for representing the blue spectrum like a MH or mercury vapor while the 2700k is closer to an hps though i think hps are 2100k while i think MH are 6700k i have 350watts of 6500k cfls in my veg room and one stray 2700k cfl

hey be careful though ive seen companies call 5000k daylight the 5000k lights arent good

agreed. stay away from cool white too. although with some CFLs its fine. ideally you want only 'daylight' 'sunlight' etc, and warmwhites for flowering, or in addition during veg.

whats the deal with cool white why isnt it good that is waht everybody else is telling me to get let me know please

honestly i dont know the specs on it. but i know that before cfls were the new thing, all that was around were regular long tube fluoros. and when using those 'cool white' was always a no no.

so i guess it just kind of stuck for cfls too. essentially im sure a cool white cfl would still work. but i know i would personally feel alot more confident getting ones that say sunlight- or daylight, etc. you know?

use cool for veg use soft for flower use warm for flower use cool and warm cool and soft.ect........

well i was going to say some thing but i you guys have it under control

Latest posts

Back