Do LED UFO & Other Work (you look here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Callmeafool2 keep up the good work and please keep us posted on your progress and problems. It would be great if you could keep us in the loop with prices on LED's since you have all the good 411...lol There is talk of a 3rd gen UFO and that will reduce cost of 2nd gen for liquidation.

Insults and flaming are useless in the face of facts.

Perhaps in ten or twenty years we will have really good low wattage efficient, powerful lighting that throws the lumens good enough for decent crop.

I have yet to see a good harvest come out of any micro, cfl, led or any other means besides sunlight and HID lighting.

If anyone has some secret that I know nothing about...please share.

IMO, if you want a small, personal grow..with short plants. Maybe even a short sog setup...than I see the use for LED's...for Veg.

But why cut yourself short and save a little bit of cash sacrificing powerful light with efficient?
When efficient kills your bottom line is it really efficiency?

HydroManiac said:
I agree with mom

Thanks for agreeing not to flame but I failed to see any information in your post about lighting or LED's. I just wanted to make sure you didnt forget something or maybe there was a link that did not get added to your post...?

The Effen Gee said:
Insults and flaming are useless in the face of facts.

Perhaps in ten or twenty years we will have really good low wattage efficient, powerful lighting that throws the lumens good enough for decent crop.

I have yet to see a good harvest come out of any micro, cfl, led or any other means besides sunlight and HID lighting.

If anyone has some secret that I know nothing about...please share.

IMO, if you want a small, personal grow..with short plants. Maybe even a short sog setup...than I see the use for LED's...for Veg.

But why cut yourself short and save a little bit of cash sacrificing powerful light with efficient?
When efficient kills your bottom line is it really efficiency?

Thanks for the opinion.
most if not all of what you said is indeed fact. This is exactly why there are proffesionals and novices like me that wish to aid in the perfection of LED's and be part of the process that introduces a good working LED to the growing market. You said maybe a small scrog grow.. I agree with you 100% do you have any other information on this or is this your opinion? I would love to find a strain of mj that is suitable for a soil/scrog/led /micro grow that can be set up in a VERY small closet and produce a few 3 or 4 oz's every couple months with a small amount of effort and power.

well...

Personally for a SOG I would do a heavy yielder indica...or any good sativa like cindy or Skunk #1...something that gives you decent single huge colas.

So you wont have to worry about "Unders" or the popcorn. I would focus on a one nug stick farm if I had a smaller area.

I have seen a few LED grows, and I have seen even more flouros...IMO...they work about the same, LED's worse for flower.

I like keeping a low yielder but holding 2 flowers boxes in aprox 3 weeks differ

i bought my grow UFO on ebay for less than 300$ with shipping, im currently running that with a 400w HPS bulb, and so far im really liking the results

I had to take the 300W off that grow, it was just too much and too close the way I had it and was detrimental. I did not ever move them from that box and have too as the water is low and since it was from one of those hydro kit places, I have to move it tomorrow, as all the wires come out the back through a hole and the 90W UFO I have on it the last two weeks will be moved into a bath hall. I will update pictures on the small flowers tomorrow (9/22/09). I found two males and yanked them about 10 days ago, about a full 10 or so days into flowering. So now I remember they were not Fem seeds :) So now I will have to rely on the pros to maybe tell me which strain I am growing. It is either WW, NB, SG, PPP (not PPP because I have some of that growing and the leaves are way different). Will update once I move it and you see how turned to the side these things have grown to the UFO out from the box. Just do not laugh at my light, laugh at the stupid grower LOL

northernlightssmokn said:
Callmeafool2 keep up the good work and please keep us posted on your progress and problems. It would be great if you could keep us in the loop with prices on LED's since you have all the good 411...lol There is talk of a 3rd gen UFO and that will reduce cost of 2nd gen for liquidation.

I'll second that.I'm happy with my hps atm but leds are improving by leaps and bounds and I'm sure we'd all like to reduce our carbon footprint wouldnt we?

Please do keep us posted CallMeaAFool as my kid brother was talking about buying some UfO,s soon and I'd like to advise him about best kit to buy but know nothing about led lighting.

All the best with the grow.:)

Okay, I finally moved them yesterday, they have been flowering for what, not quite 3 weeks? I let them get to crazy tending my better second grow, first to work out for me. yes, I droll as I have no smoke since late october, but those little 12 grams from autoflowers. that was gone in 3 days. poor me. Anyway, these stretched way too much, I have them tied around the bottom, as I cannot move them now, they are too inbedded in the 3" pots with roots.

Moved to ONE UFO 90 more than a week an a half ago. These plants are never going to look good, so we are just doing the buds to show ONE UFO.... 3 straggled stretched plants. my bad

jsw_dscf7294.jpg

jsw_dscf7295.jpg

jsw_dscf7296.jpg

jsw_dscf7297.jpg

jsw_dscf7298.jpg

jsw_dscf7299.jpg

jsw_dscf7300.jpg

Slow and moving well. I am using the same nut's with all my grow, yet I am starting to wonder if HOT IR UV if your nut's are a little high do not assist in burn. I mix all up the same and my LED growths just do not seem to burn leaves. It seems a little slower in the flowering, but I have no real experience, seems to be the day. Looks great to me and I know I like the energy and heat savings.

Looks healthy to me...

pppDSCF7371.jpg

pppDSCF7372.jpg

pppDSCF7373.jpg

i see your using straight red for your flowering. think a little blue might help them a bit inoticed mine like the little bit of blue better then just the red ..
i got a grow panel pro got it for a really good price though so didnt even pay a quarter of the actual price

just my opinon dont got to listen to me.....:eek:

actually, it is standard UFO 80 RED 10 Blue. I totally forgot about this thread, until I was trying to remember the timing, so I just looked this up. Lost my father in Law on the 30th of Jan after bypass, 4 days later massive heartattack in the hospital. I pretty much did nothing but remember to put water and nuts in when I would hear the little pump screaming as this is not a very deep hydro system. I think 5 gallons full to the top, so normally add about 4 to leave a little air between the top of the root system to water. In the last two weeks or so, actually it has been approx 11 weeks and I still am not seeing the tri's looking amber yet. I have added a 400W HPS with the UFO as I wanted to bulk up the buds a bit more.

I really like LED lighting for so many reasons. Low electricity, I see things happen to plants that I do not see happen under HID. Healthy looking, but I am realizing that while you will save a ton of money over a 4 month grow, a ton of electricity, but supplementing the last few weeks with more light, be it LED or HPS. One LED 90W per plant at 3-4 feet is just not enough, IMO with these 1 W LED. So, I believe LED until the last 3 weeks, then supplement with one 400W per 3 plants and it bulks well. I will put pictures up later today.

small test batch of just rooted blueberry clonesx7- 1 illuminator tri-band spectrum ufo-2x45w glow panels-20w of 660nm red bulbs-24w of cree white leds-12-warm/12-cool-key to balancing out the spectrum-I got 3oz dry

108.JPG

marchweek1 001-1.JPG

marchweek1 007-2.JPG

marchweek1 008.JPG

my only thing why i am thinking of led right now because it doesnt produce heat.
it is good for growing in a small box of 20x20x40

crozar said:
my only thing why i am thinking of led right now because it doesnt produce heat.
it is good for growing in a small box of 20x20x40
thats what made me switch, small cramped spaces, living things, and heat dont mix.

my homebox is 2x2 4' high.I'm happy with my results, it's just that people have to understand that when comparing led and hid nobody wins the argument.Apples and oranges, as the old cliche goes.

The Effen Gee said:
well...

Personally for a SOG I would do a heavy yielder indica...or any good sativa like cindy or Skunk #1...something that gives you decent single huge colas.

So you wont have to worry about "Unders" or the popcorn. I would focus on a one nug stick farm if I had a smaller area.

I have seen a few LED grows, and I have seen even more flouros...IMO...they work about the same, LED's worse for flower.

funny you say that, im growing 25 skunk#1's from clone, pruning for single cola formation, in a 4x4 grow table in 1 gallon/hydroton filled containers in ebb&flow with 40g res.

Going to attempt a g/watt and see how good i really am.

Latest posts

Back