Dont Kill Your Hermies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Toker

Lean Mean Growing Machine
Reaction score
Hermie seeds dont become hermies....hermie seeds become feminized seeds meaning all of the seeds you get from a hermie are female! Read this...I just learned this today haha. http://www.feminizedseed.com/

Ha ha, if some people on this forum are up to it, you are going to hear an ear full :)

Hermie seeds will create plants that are female, with a genetic disposition to turn into hermies. It will happily do this in the middle of your "all female" grow and ruin your crop.

The site you posted describes using gibberellic acid. This is not the same as a hermie. The idea is to take a good female that will not hermie under stress, then apply the gibberellic acid to a branch (100ppm, once a day, for a week). This will cause male flowers that can be cross pollenated with a female (better to do another female, and not itself). The resulting seeds will all be female, and if you started with good genetics, will not hermie.

Oh I didnt know that...on high times forum he had 3 hemie seeds....1 turned hermie and 2 were female and never turned...they were MONSTERS! But im really high right now...since i made this thread so whatever...im down with whatever people say lol. :stoned:

You are making me angry MT. Feminized seeds will have a tendency to hermie. As I just delt with a hermie that ruined my crop. Never seen it coming, very hard to tell that it was a hermie, thats why I missed it. 3 months of tlc down the toilet, and all to show for it is a little honey oil. Kill all hermies!!

Subject Titles can be Tricky.....all bad knowledge must be eliminated, I heard at a party a month ago the infamous "hang the bud upside down when drying to drain the resin to the buds" speech, only to have his peers gaze in awe....

Midnight Toker said:
Hermie seeds dont become hermies....hermie seeds become feminized seeds meaning all of the seeds you get from a hermie are female! Read this...I just learned this today haha. http://www.feminizedseed.com/
You are SO wrong... "Hermies procreate hermies"
Did you read it?
It takes years for an individual to achieve the proper plant hormone manipulation to get 100% female XX seed.
It also referrs to Gibberillic acid and "reversing" a female. NOT naturally occurring hermies.
Do the future of "drug quality" cannabis a favor.. and kill ALL hermies!!! :(

:hairpull:

Thanks for putting up the link MT. However, this description shows one of the correct methods for making feminized seeds. these are not the same environmentally stressed hermies that result from temp, light or root disturbance issues. (and may have been promoted as being FEMINIZED)

Using the XX female, they produce an X only male pollen that results in all female XX seeds and these result in female plants when grown to maturity. They may possibly hermie if sujected to environmental stress, but of this I am unsure. Some folks suggest they can never hermie due to XX chromosomes.

One thing good to know for those that suspect a HERMIE. You can prevent the ruination of your crop, by using Dutch Masters REVERSE in the 1st few weeks of flower. It will eliminate the male flowers and thus NO SEEDS. It is necessary to KNOW you will have a hermie or at least suspect it, so you can start the REVERSE in weeks 1, 2, and 3 of flower. :clap:

I just Killed 2 Hermies over the week !! But tthey had little Balls, They Look Nice with little flowers on them But when They Pollent, Will give ur other plants Seeds and is this true ?
I didn't want to take any chance to have seeds!!!!
So I Kill all hermies !!!

Melmo said:
i was just wondering why could you not just cut the male flowers containing pollen sacks off

I have a single plant growing to test my grow setup. It was 1 seed out of 1/2 ounce of weed, so it is probably a hermie. I plan on picking the male flowers off to try and get to harvest before I go buy some good seeds.

That being said, to answer your question you are taking a risk by trying to control a hermie. Just one missed male pod (some will be hard to see!) will cause havoc if there are other females around.

Melmo said:
i was just wondering why could you not just cut the male flowers containing pollen sacks off

Most of the male sacs were in amongst the actual buds. Did not notice them until I harvested the plant. "If" u can find them, "and" cut them out, u are a better man than me. CH

i have never even seen a hermie i am only on my first real grow i was just thinking outloud thanx for the info though cause now i know and knowing is half the battle

this is old news for me everybody knows hermie and a female plant makes female seeds ive done my research but thanks for informing everybody

Latest posts

Back