Dr in the House? Newbie Needs Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadsfx

Reaction score
First off, A BIG Hello to everyone :)

I am a first time grower and looking for a bit of advice, my baby girls (I hope they are :hubba: ) are about 8 weeks old and between 18" to 24" high. A few of my lower leaves started to curl down and turn yellow, then brown. I read that it was good to clip (prune) them off and did so. However I just noticed over the past few days that the upper ones their tips are starting to turn yellow?

I used Nutes from the start, which I read was bad, so I flushed them about 10 days ago and now just give them water. The temp, PH, and humidty is within reason and I have them on a 18/6 cycle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to ask, how do I make them bushier? and when would be a good time to start them flowering?

Many thanks,

In advance.

Matt.

Ps. I have looked on a lot of sites, but get confused as some say nute burn, lack of nitro or magnesium, etc.. so I thought I would post some pics to help identify the potential problem/s, please let me know if the photo's need to be better or taken from a different angle.

DSC00729.JPG

DSC00730.JPG

DSC00731.JPG

Welcome to MP dude! Lots of good info and helpful people here to get you growing. I'm no doctor, but i think i can help you out a bit. First of all, we need some more info on your grow. What kind of lights are you using? What kind of nutes are you using, and how much? How big is your grow space? To make them bushier, the first thing that I would do is transplant them into some bigger pots, and possibly give them some more light (assuming they are not getting enough). Also, I would start flowering ASAP! I usually put my plants into flower at 4 weeks, when they're about 8'' - 12'' tall, or when they show pre-flowers. You have a some 2 ft monsters, so keep in mind that they will double, maybe even triple in size, if they make it to harvest! Let us know more about your grow so we can help more. Good luck man!

Well, that looks like nute burn if i've ever seen it but I can't be sure inless you give more details.

welcome to mp. they look need more light or you need to move your light closer. they have alot of stretch imho. answer all the questions asked above and im sure you'll get it figured out in no time. also you need bigger pots, those won't work for very long again jmo.

Thanks Guys & Girls,

The links were good, looks more like a nute burn, like I mentioned I flushed them and trimmed them, so I will wait a couple more weeks to see how they come along.
With regard to my light... Do Not Laugh :( I am using a halogen flood light, I brought some metal halide bulbs online, but the fixute was over 100 pounds, and to be honest these are bagseeds and I'm not sure if there female yet, so no point in splashing out the money until I know what I got.
The halogen though does have a CRI index of over 90 which I read emits almost the full colours of the spectrum and it give a little more heat to the room.

I actually got my baby's in my laundry room which is climate control, I followed your advice also of re-potting the plants.

Again many thanks for all your advice, it's really appreciated, If I get some girls I will be sure to invest some cash for better lights.

Peace.

Matt.

I would say that your light is a big part of your problem. A halogen does not emit the correct light spectrum and puts out far too much heat.

Hola, uhm...so to make a plant bushier, you A: need to keep yer lights close (with a halogen it's gonna be kinda harder, cos they have a tendancy to fry your plants) Plants get longer as a result of them stretching for light they desperately crave. Keep the light closer, no need to stretch. B: Topping the plant at it's 3rd set of leaves, or 4th (i do 3rd) that causes the plant to shoot off in 4 to 6 different directions. Then you can fim and top those as well if you have enough lights to keep a bush going(make sure they're atleast 3 more tiers each time you top before topping again). There are links in the general growing tips to topping and fimming...(I prefer just topping) this will help you get thicker, shorter plants, but like ol' boy said, vegging should only be 4-5 weeks for most strains (longer if you have the room/light), then they can be sexxed and flowered, or killed depending on their gender.

Latest posts

Back