drying and curing question????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkram22

Reaction score
I harvested my bud 4 days ago i took the buds manicured them and then hung them in a closet to dry... the closet was 75 degrees with 48% humidity they have been drying for 4 days now and the outside of the bud to the touch is very very dry.... too dry... but at the same time when i try to snap the stems some of them do snap and some of them fold.... i am really confused b/C i know smoking bud that is dry as the outside of the bud burns too hot.... did i do something wrong... any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... thanks guys

put it in mason jars quick, it will even out the moisture. my stems never snap when i take them down and put them in jars. just open jars once a day for a week. how long you open them for depends on how dry they are. some peole paper bag it for a couple days to get rid of a little more moisture before the cure but yours sounds plenty dry. hope that helps

i hang dry them until i am comfortable with the way the stems act. I have only 2 harvests under my belt so i am no guru. I think you can tell then i put them into paper bags with some holes in them for a few more days and then finally on to airtight ball jars. I air these jars out daily for the first 3-4 days and then every couple days until your done. It takes a long time for a good cure.

Latest posts

Back