Eastern Australia First Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's 6 weeks and a day since these 2 went into the soil. I'm actually quite proud of em! ... :)

They've both been under flouro's 24/7 since day 1. They've had some proper sunshine, but so far not much more than an hour a day. Will work on this tho!

In roughly 15 mins they're in for a shock as they're goin 12/12 ... :eek:

Time to find out if they're the right sex!

Wish me luck!

Pic 1 - self explanatory

Pic 2,3, and 4 - The best one I guess.

Pic 5,6, and 7 - The one that almost died to start with, but we didn't throw the towel in the end, and it appears to have recovered ... :)

Oh and the bulb on the right will be replaced tomorrow with the type on the left. The right is a 5000k 'natural' and the left a 3000k 'warm white'. This I'm told will be better for the flouring period ... :)

020420091202.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

2c.jpg

Beautiful plants :)

The one that almost died to start with, but we didn't throw the towel in the end, and it appears to have recovered ...

If a plant still shows green growth, its worth giving it a chance ;)

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Beautiful plants :)

If a plant still shows green growth, its worth giving it a chance ;)

:peace:
Thank you ... :)

Yeah altho the start leaves (forgot name) fell off and then 2 went yellow. There was another 2 that were looking healthy ... :)

I'm guessing it's smaller cos it's had to heal itself, but yeah looks good now (to me!)

Oh and this is babies latest shots. I think we got so carried away with the other 2 we don't have a date it went into soil ...lol, but seems to be growing ok ... :)

It's been moved to a new area and will stay under the flouro 24/7 like it's hopefully sisters have till now.

2 - 3 weeks to start seeing sex. Sound about right anyone?

Thanks

020420091219.jpg

020420091220.jpg

Hey Smoko, looks like everything is going swell over there. So you're going to flower now? Right on. One question. Will the plants be indoors the whole time or will you put them out in the sun during the day like you did when you vegg'ed them? When will you have the lights go on and off? They look like a nice size to induce flowers. And yeah, probably 2-3 weeks before your babies start showing their gender.

Ps. If you're going to flower them indoors, I'd definately buy some more lights :).

looking good smoko!
there very nice and green,
im with mental,
if you can afford it, you should get at least a 400w high pressure sodium light,
for flowering them, remember the more light you have the
bigger buds you will get!

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Hey Smoko, looks like everything is going swell over there. So you're going to flower now? Right on. One question. Will the plants be indoors the whole time or will you put them out in the sun during the day like you did when you vegg'ed them? When will you have the lights go on and off? They look like a nice size to induce flowers. And yeah, probably 2-3 weeks before your babies start showing their gender.

Ps. If you're going to flower them indoors, I'd definately buy some more lights :).
Thanks.

Yeah the plan is to get them out in the sun as much as possible now. Timing hasn't gone our way as yesterday it rained all day, and today is gonna be the same ... :(

But we get heaps of sunlight here so it won't be long before they're back out in it ... :)

My son is currently out of work so has the time during the day to be taking them out, but he complains that the wind blows the leaves downwards ?!? He's worried that they'll get damaged, even tho the sun is their BEST friend!

I want them to be getting out in the sun for as much as possible during the day, 6+ hours ideally, but we're gonna need to work up to that number as like I said they've only been getting an hour a day so far ... :eek:

I'd be tempted to buy a 400w HPS but 1) worry about the cost of running it, and 2) it kinda seems crazy when we live in one of the most sunny parts of the world!

Still, if it keeps proving too awkward to be getting them outside for long enough I'll have to consider it!

Hey in 2 or 3 weeks they could be goin in the bin if they're males ... :(

Time will tell aye!

Smoko said:
My son is currently out of work so has the time during the day to be taking them out, but he complains that the wind blows the leaves downwards ?!?
For example:

Pic 1 - under the flouro, looks healthy to me!

Pic 2 - after a few hours in the sun ... "what have you done to me baby!!!"

A few hours back under the flouro, and she's back to looking like pic 1.

Is my plant allergic to the sun? ... :rofl:

inside.jpg

outside.jpg

im guessing its because of the drastic light change
your floros arnt even putting out 5000 lumens psf.
the sun is around 10,000 or more. or so i hear..

Oh and when thet go outside, cos the leaves droop, the bottom set after touching the soil go yellow ... :confused:

:confused:

thedonofchronic said:
im guessing its because of the drastic light change
your floros arnt even putting out 5000 lumens psf.
the sun is around 10,000 or more. or so i hear..
Yeah this makes sense, but we've been told to introduce the outside light slowly. We started at 30 mins and are up to about 2 hours now, but as I say the outside sun makes the leaves go droopy! ... :confused:

Maybe this is the norm, but they just look healthier after flouro light ... :confused:

I don't suppose this tells me anything apart from the fact that Aladdin has left one of his slippers on my plant?

4563478456857.jpg

Must admit this thread seems to be a bit one sided, but hey ho!

Day 6 of flouring and the thing is kinda stretching! ...lol. It's grown 6" in 6 days ... :eek:

Obviously waiting to see signs of sex, but appreciate it's still a bit early.

Oh and we're having success with the outdoors ... :) We're up to 4 hours of peak sunlight now and they're coping fine ... :cool:

Anyway, a few pics from the best plant:

Pic 1 is straight on, but I prefer pic 2 ... :D

080420091271.jpg

080420091273.jpg

hey smoko! just finished reading your g.j. and nice! to go on what mental had said, its a girl! Gratz!! waiting to see your plant flower! [=

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Congratulations! It's a girl!

cannabis037 said:
hey smoko! just finished reading your g.j. and nice! to go on what mental had said, its a girl! Gratz!! waiting to see your plant flower! [=
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! ... :headbang2:

Thank you very much.

Here's crossing fingers for the others ... :)

Now the fun begins eh!

Well it's looking like her sister is too a 'sister' ... :)

:yay:

Untitled-2.jpg

Also a pic of them enjoying some proper light ... :)

100420091289.jpg

Lookin great over there smoko. Looks like some strong sunshine over there :).

Latest posts

Back