End of week 7 mostly orange trichromes??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkie

Reaction score
Hi I'm ending week 7 with mostly orange trichromes , I was going to harvest at the end of week 9 with the last week on flush , what are your thoughts on this matter people ??

Do you mean pistils and rather than trichomes? I have never seen orange trichs.

How have you determined that the plant will be ready at the end of week 9?

What kind of light are you using to look at the trichomes? I suggest you use a different light to look at them.

yeah I never check trichs anywhere near hps light. Either bright flouros or by a window.

I am with THG, you mean pistils? Never saw orange trichomes.

well they kinda amber up and could go orange feasibly. Like right before they degrade to the point of going bad potency-wise.

7greeneyes said:
well they kinda amber up and could go orange feasibly. Like right before they degrade to the point of going bad potency-wise.

is there a strain that can pull that off in 7 weeks though?

i'm thinking he is either talking about pistils
or he is actually further along in the grow then stated.
or he is looking at the trichs under hps lights and all the tichs are reflecting that color.

grower error is the most likely culprit though

yeah, most likely pistils :rolleyes:

The fallibility of the human condition is unending, imo, and yes those are good ?'s there Shortbus.

I have a skunk 44 that's pretty amber by week 7, but that's the only strain I've seen do it, and only after I grew it a few times and got it really dialed in.

yeah 80-90% amber in 49 days is a fast flowering period

Yeah sorry guys orange pistils towards the top of the plant & mostly white towards the bottom of the plant, the strain is a cheese taken from cuttings & my friend finds better when flowered for 9 weeks & yes i have been looking at them under hps lighting!

The color of the pistils really has nothing to do with whether a plant is ready or not. There are a lot of reasons that pistils can turn orange. You need to examine the trichs under a microscope at least 30x to determine if the plant is ready.

Latest posts

Back