First grow ever. =]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my plants are going to be 5 weeks old this wednesday. No i still havent repotted them. I know Im being a horrible mother =[ but I swear Im gonna do it very soon. Anywho Some of the leave on my plants are turning yellow. Anyone know ay reason to why this would happen? I figured that was cuz they need more room to grow so when I repot them they'll be fine but one of them looks fine compared to the other 2. Also all three of my plants have holes in some of the leaves but I've been seeing nats around my growing area and I figured it was their fault so I will be buying something to kill them soon. My first plant is the healthiest looking one with no yellow leaves. Its quite bushy but the shortest of the bunch standing at 6". My last plant is the tallest at 9" and the second plant is standing at 7" now. Anywho thats my update enjoy the pics =] and please give some input.

plant1.JPG

plant1leaf.JPG

plant2.JPG

plant2leafx.JPG

plant2leaves.JPG

plant3.JPG

plant3leaf.JPG

plant3leafx.JPG

plants.JPG

Hi Ms J,

I had some brown spots like that on my first grow and discoverd my ph was off. Usually the ph is the first culprit to look at. If ph gets too high or too low you plants will experience nute lock-out. You want to shoot for a ph of 6.5 - 7 in a soil grow.

i disagree. Those pots are toooo small. I would guess your culprit is root lock. your plants will always tell you when you are doing something wrong here i think they are saying transplant me.

I finally repotted my plants into 3 gallon buckets. They are doing much better and have gotten much bigger. I put them into flowering at 6 weeks instead of 8 because I cant let them get too huge and they are already big. Tomorrow will be one week into flowering. Havent seen any signs of sex yet but Im not expecting anything until the second week. Everything is going just dandy. Sorry I dont have any pics. I cant find the charger for my camera. :rolleyes: I'll try to take some new pics this week. Time to shmoke. ;)

So my babies are 8 weeks old now and 2 weeks into flowering. I do believe they have been showing signs of sex but I still cant tell what they are yet cuz there are so many different looking things growing. I tried to take some better pics but my camera is quite crappy so take a look and let me know what you think. =]

plant1dk.JPG

plant1dm.JPG

plant1.JPG

plant1fm.JPG

plant2full.JPG

plant2fm.JPG

plant2fkmf.JPG

plant2x.JPG

plant3.JPG

plant3dk.JPG

plant3fm.JPG

plant3xx.JPG

Looking great J. :aok: From your pictures i'm not seeing anything that would tell me male or female yet. ;)

So just a quick update.

One of my plants ended up being male so I already chopped it down. I just checked on my other two and found pistils growing on both so I have two lovely ladies left in my life =]

Both plants are 9 weeks old and into the 3rd week of flowering..Wish me luck on my bud growing =]

Whats up J. Bummer about the male but atleast you have two beautiful females. ;) Here some GREEN MOJO to help get those buds nice and fat. :hubba:

GeNYC 07 said:
what soil did you use? they look great

Thanks. When I first planted them I used Garden place all purpose soil without and nutes. Once they were about 5 weeks I transplanted them into Miracle Grow potting mix with 3 month feed. =]

So its been awhile since I updated about my grow. Im in the 7th week of flowering and my ladies are looking and smelling quite lovely =] They are both 13 weeks old now, one standing at 2 1/2ft. and the other at 19 inches. My plan for harvest was for the 8th week but since they took longer than I expected to show their sexes, I know for sure they wont be ready until probably mid November. But anyways I finally took some new pics. Hope you like! :D

DSCF3194.JPG

DSCF3197.JPG

DSCF3198.JPG

DSCF3199.JPG

DSCF3200.JPG

DSCF3203.JPG

DSCF3206.JPG

DSCF3205.JPG

very nice girl. them ladies are looking very sexy. i must say good enuff to smoke, soon anyways lol. well good luck an take care of them ladies, cuz it looks like mary going to have a Big Ol` Bud

I use Miracle Grow for my bud; you may need some additional nutes pretty soon...don't worry too much about whether it's got enough N or P or K, your plants are looking very nice and you can sweat it out about micronutrients later.

Try a 1/4 tsp of Molasses in the next gallon of water you mix for the girlies...they'll LOVE you for it!

Nice work though, I'm sure you'll have a good harvest :)

looking very nice, . i love sativas, an they are very very nice looking sativa . keep it up they look great! green mojo green mojo

to bad that indie i saw in earlyer postest did not pan out. but u got 2 great satives that are going to probly blow your mind keep it up.

awesome, dude(tte)! Stay the course, you're doin perfecto mundo, especially for your first time. Take care of the girls, much P&L, 7greeneyes.

So it is now week 9 of flowering. My plants are about 15 weeks old. Everything is going fine in the growing situation. Unfortunately I cannot grow my babies to their full potentials because my electric bill is insane so I havent been keeping them on a steady light cycle. Also I noticed that someone has been cutting buds off of both of them. Not large amounts but enough for me to notice that someone has been messing with them. I did lose the entire top of one of them though, which infuriates me. Anyway. Im pushing for another week of flowering and then hopefully I can harvest but I have a feeling if I do harvest next week the smoke will be bad one. So I might have to push for two more weeks. I will let you know what the deal is next week.

Who/how many people have access to your plants?

Only you, yourself and you are supposed to know, I'd lock'em up tight.

hey hun (your a chick right?) hehe so your plants look great for a first try! Much better than my first, although I too started with 3 plants and only got one male yay so how are they doing now? Did you find out who been picking at them? If you have kids be careful its not them. You can lower the light schedule to just 8 or 10 hours on to save cash on electric bill. You won't get as bigger yield but they'll finish faster :)

Latest posts

Back