Panama Red Photo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Borrego

Weed guru in training😜😜😜
Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Soaked 17 seeds for 24 hours in water and a small amount of peroxide. Placed in damp paper towel. Into an oven mitt for 2 days. 100% germination.
210 watts Szhlux led grow lights.
Planted in Foxfarms Happy frog plus Mykos into a one gallon plastic pot.
Planted on 2-08-24
Seeds from JustCannabisSeed.
IMG_3121.jpeg

I am very careful and fo not have a problem. I like to let the tail get a bit long so I can get it growing down deeper in the soil. It helps me get a nice root ball going by time for outside.
I was told the mother plants were 10 ft tall. I will put a few in the ground. The rest in pots. I have a dog that likes to eat my pot plants when they get good and stinky. Last year she got my 3 tallest sugar haze. This year I put a fence to keep her out of the garden area. We will see. I might just have to banish her to the back 40.

Last edited:
They are regular seeds so most likely half will be males. I do plan on growing 2 different cap junky blends and some snow leopard. I have to wait for my autos to finish before planting more. April 1st my garden will be established already and growing strong. I did not over winter my peppers this year as they sucked last year. I will try to get better peppers this year. Everything was on lava level even the milder peppers. I started from seed las year. This year I will be getting them at Lowes. We make s lot of chiles and salsas so I need a variety. Tomatoes do not grow well here as it is way too hot.

I can put plants out as late as July 1st here an it will finish by the end of October. Out last frost date is mar 31 and our 1st frost date is Nov 21 but usually it is well into December. We have good garden weather if you choose the proper crops. You can technically grow year round here. I tried it one winter and all I did was bring cabbage worms to my weed plants. no more of the barossas for me.

Ok they were planted on the 8th came up the 9th today is the 17th. They are 8 days old I gave them their first dose of Jacks today.
Most are very even growing. There is one shorty in the very middle. Not lagging yo far behind. With all of these I will have to cull some. When you want females you get males. You want males you get females just my luck.
We will see. I will try and find homes for them if necessary. We are legal. You can give weed but not sell it. It is a really good strain from what I remember. The fan keeps blowing the mylar around. Luis will staple it in place tomorrow when he is off.
IMG_3201.jpeg

They are looking happy Jan. You'll prob end up with near 10 ladies or maybe more. Always fun to see what ya get with regs. Those Panama genetics can get leggy and big with a long flower. How many ya planning on growing out?

The last few times that I planted 10 seeds I ended up with 3 females. I usually try to have 4 females of 6 varieties. Some Moron that doesn't know how to germinate seeds was complaining that his Panama Reds wouldn't germinate. (We got them from the same place.) So my dumb ass germinated all 17 seeds I had and every single one germinated. At least it is a good strain. I have been using my seed guy Jerry for over 2 years no germination problems ever. I must have been stoned or something. Lol

The last few times that I planted 10 seeds I ended up with 3 females. I usually try to have 4 females of 6 varieties. Some Moron that doesn't know how to germinate seeds was complaining that his Panama Reds wouldn't germinate. (We got them from the same place.) So my dumb ass germinated all 17 seeds I had and every single one germinated. At least it is a good strain. I have been using my seed guy Jerry for over 2 years no germination problems ever. I must have been stoned or something. Lol
I usually disregard those kinds of posts. There always that guy...blaming a seed company for their errors.
A breeder with any reputation would never send bad seed.

It's a crap shoot with regular seed. The said average is near 65% if ya look it up but I've always seen more near 50-60%.

Latest posts

Back