First grow journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastritez

Reaction score
OK thought I would get this started.

As I don't have a veg room at the moment (not got the new grow room going either, more on that in a bit) I have a friend sorting out my plants, have given him some skunk and isis seeds, which he has informed me have started germintating. He will get them into rockwall for me, and veg them before bring them over.

Construction on the new grow room starts this coming week, have come into a small amount of cash, so have got a bigger air pump for my air stones, and invested in a digital PH meter and also a digital PPM meter. Been told I need to wait a bit for the humidity meter (she who holds the purse strings is worried about Xmas!)

Overall the set up remains the same

Maxibright Sodium/Hydride compact 400w balast

growlux 400w clear high pressure sodium bulb

Small domestic bathroom extrator fan

2 x 20 litre buckets (using a bubble pot type of set up, with the plants in rockwool cubes, and then placed into the pots using clay beads to fill)

Air pump and airstones

using 'one part total bloom' plant feed from General Hydroponics europe

the new grow room wil be about 100cm x 100cm x 245cm

I still have some time before the girls get here, and have a few £'s left over, was looking at changing the nutes, the 'total bloom' came as a recomendation from the local store, but not seen anyone else using it. Any recomendation on what's going to be best to use fro DWC, and can be purchased in the UK?

Hopefully will be growing 4 girls, and will use 1 to try out some LST, as this will be my first time using LST have been reading up on it, but still a bit foggy on WHY you should LST, and exactly when it can be done and when it shouldn't be done.

Bear with me on this, I have done one grow before, turned otu alright, but want to improve, so starting this thread now to get all the info sorted out before I start, hopefully I can learn alot more while I go along, and maybe help some other newbies out as I go.

A big thanks to everyone who has supplied information so far, its been a real eye opener, a lot of info to absorb, but its much appreciated.

As the pope said to the actress 'lets get it on!'

Hopefully will be growing 4 girls, and will use 1 to try out some LST, as this will be my first time using LST have been reading up on it, but still a bit foggy on WHY you should LST, and exactly when it can be done and when it shouldn't be done.

Go to the resources page here

Scroll down to "Plant Training". You'll find all the info you need. Alternativley, try using the search function.

Best of luck with the grow.

Latest posts

Back